COVID-19 IV: SG Circuit Breaker EXTENDED TILL 1ST JUNE: 451 New Cases, 1 SG/PR (19 May)

Raubern

Message added by kobayashiGT

Turbocharged
1 hour ago, kobayashiGT said:

Actually hor, is a bottle-neck effect. You close fast food, then then they will go kopitiam western food and fight. Is not the food got a problem.

Is the people got a problem. Govt should activate all the retired policeman and NS man police to do plain cloth policing. If any covidiot make a nuisance, then catch them straight away.

Now is not a time to talk civilise lah. If want, really have to be the bad guy.

Actually there is a difference. It is called expectations.

When one go to hawker center and have to wait, that's normal especially for the popular stalls. The boss will just say if cannot wait, don't buy. I think we are all used to waiting long at hawker center for those popular stalls. 

If one go to fast food, customers are used to them being "fast".  And the employees also can't tell if cannot wait, don't buy. Hence mismatch expectations during CB causing all these flare-ups.

Close the fast foods. It will be great for the staff well-being, for the delivery rider time, and for the customer's health 

• Praise 4

13 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

MTI: 20 malls & supermarkets with high traffic to conduct contact tracing if possible

https://mothership.sg/2020/04/20-malls-supermarkets-crowded/

39 minutes ago, kobayashiGT said:

94251542_111727113845839_515034703843662

This guy on full rage mode. 🔥

I agreed with this guy. Some of their policies are really FUBAR.

If you are a SME, you are already struggling with your company trying not to make a loss and fulfilling orders without your workers but yet their policies make you run around like a headless chicken. 

But what to do when you have a minister like Josephine Teo and the scholars not knowing what is actually happening on the ground.  

Used to have a SME so I know how screwed up they can be sometimes, esp MOM.

Edited by Fcw75
  • Praise 9

Turbocharged
6 minutes ago, Civic2000 said:

Migrant worker dies from injuries after being found motionless at staircase landing in Khoo Teck Puat Hospital

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/khoo-teck-puat-hospital-indian-national-unnatural-death-police-12669686

Is this suicide by jumping?  The article is very vague about how he is being found motionless at staircase landing with his injuries.

4 minutes ago, Fcw75 said:

I agreed with this guy. Some of their policies are really FUBAR.

If you are a SME, you are already struggling with your company trying not to make a loss without your workers but yet their policies make you run around like a headless chicken. 

i somewhat can feel what this guy is feeling as a business owner.

but we need to see from mom pov also, i think they are extremely shorthanded, 

its extremely hard for them to be flexible to cater for every company needs,  i also feel very fed up a few of my application keep reject also....

haiz

Edited by Beregond
  • Praise 2

2 hours ago, Fcw75 said:

Close all fast food la...knn. 

Don’t eat fast food won’t die one plus healthier.

If we close more food source one by one, the remaining food supply will become more stressed and there will be more frustration arising out of it. Not to mention there will be larger crowds/delivery guys waiting at the smaller number of food stores, all adding to the heightened risk of infection. 

• Praise 3

Turbocharged
50 minutes ago, kobayashiGT said:

While I understand his frustrations, I think he will be ask to drink kopi soon.

On the other hand, I am surprise that  the employers have to provide food to the workers separately.  I thought they should have a national caterer, and the caterer will then bill the different employers separately.  That way all workers will get their food the same time and it is much more efficient overall.

• Praise 1

1 hour ago, Old-driver said:

Smaller size apartments get siao faster. Open front door one eye see all. no room

to manoeuvre. if i stay shoebox will get mad after a while.

Looks like having a nice balcony in a house is good during this CB period. 😂

2 minutes ago, Icedbs said:

While I understand his frustrations, I think he will be ask to drink kopi soon.

On the other hand, I am surprise that  the employers have to provide food to the workers separately.  I thought they should have a national caterer, and the caterer will then bill the different employers separately.  That way all workers will get their food the same time and it is much more efficient overall.

Actually some article I read employers have to provide food for their employees but some said catering food is provided for by MOM.

37 minutes ago, kobayashiGT said:

Hmm...that's understandable rage and i hope he takes the effort to write up to the relevant ministry head instead of just using social media. 

I have seen queues before Covid-19 of FWs queuing at various banks' atms, most popular being POSB/DBS to withdraw cash.

Hence, it may be up to individual bosses to put in place such salary crediting. Doubt most FWs are able to maintain the so called minimum sum to avoid paying service fees of iirc $10 monthly. Even locals need to pay this if minimum sum not maintained.

Can cheques be made payable to employee only be handed out to each employee in the meantime so they can cash it out when discharged? Probably for these 2-3 months period if Covid-19 no chance to stay longer? 

Or write to the ministry involved and sumpah will not run off with their salaries cos of unavailable bank accounts to credit salary?

As for dorms arrangements, the final decision may be due to having a dedicated medical team to be onsite at as few locations as currently feasible so as not to spread the medical resources too thinly.

If his proposed location originally approved may be too far from current locations in expo etc, it may have been a last minute decision. Regrettable and frustrating for sure. I see food arrangements under same reasoning as making sure food is definitely being delivered and safe precautions taken in its delivery.

Always 3 sides to a coin. This is 1 side. 

Definitely more changes after Covid-19.

Hopefully these FWs will be safe and well very soon. They are a very sturdy lot. Strong and able-bodied with many fortified with honest hardwork under blazing sun daily. 

Just my tots 

Take care and keep well 

Cheers 

• Praise 6

10 minutes ago, Weez911 said:

If we close more food source one by one, the remaining food supply will become more stressed and there will be more frustration arising out of it. Not to mention there will be larger crowds/delivery guys waiting at the smaller number of food stores, all adding to the heightened risk of infection. 

Actually it’s managing expectations. The word FAST is already misleading with so many orders nowadays. 
When you are at hawker centre or kopitiam, you are expected to wait.

• Praise 1

Turbocharged
1 hour ago, Old-driver said:

Smaller size apartments get siao faster. Open front door one eye see all. no room

to manoeuvre. if i stay shoebox will get mad after a while.

I think it depends....

Some people go crazy when too many people in the house. They can't see eye to eye so when they have to see each other everyday now,, they become crazy.

Hence small house but only 2 people, is probably better than big house with 6 people inside.

16 minutes ago, Icedbs said:

I think it depends....

Some people go crazy when too many people in the house. They can't see eye to eye so when they have to see each other everyday now,, they become crazy.

Hence small house but only 2 people, is probably better than big house with 6 people inside.

Can't disagree with this but imagine yourself in hotel-room-size shoebox for 2 months! Its hard to stay sane ~~~

:scared:

Edited by Old-driver
↡ Advertisement