COVID-19 IV: SG Circuit Breaker EXTENDED TILL 1ST JUNE: 451 New Cases, 1 SG/PR (19 May)

Raubern

Message added by kobayashiGT

Actually 1 stat which I'm very puzzled is the rate of recovery in SG, how come up to now only 900+ recovered out of the 11000+ cases???? Just comparing some other countries..

WTF is going on?

image.png.42eb9c8207c66d163e101717fb9f5b9a.png

image.png.b71d4358c44d2a2a650fdcb290f0bbbf.png

image.png.9752fb43cf645bc7247e9d811c5156fa.png

↡ Advertisement
  • Shocked 2

27 minutes ago, Beanoyip said:

Actually 1 stat which I'm very puzzled is the rate of recovery in SG, how come up to now only 900+ recovered out of the 11000+ cases???? Just comparing some other countries..

WTF is going on?

Maybe they are being quarantined at hospitals for at least 2-3 weeks before they can be discharged?

36 minutes ago, Beanoyip said:

WTF is going on?

Coz only recently there is sharp increase of numbers due to FW in dormitories.. And also patients need to be tested negative 2 times in a row before they could be Discharged.. And that 2 test interval is a few days apart I suppose... That's why so low number of people get Discharged where majority are actually quite well already..

Edited by Yewheng
  • Praise 5

6 minutes ago, Lotr said:

Maybe they are being quarantined at hospitals for at least 2-3 weeks before they can be discharged?

So is it safe to say that in 2 weeks time, the number of recovered should be in the 5k range since that was the number of cases that recorded in the past week.

• Praise 2

Turbocharged
36 minutes ago, Beanoyip said:

WTF is going on?

The answer is very simple. its just numbers... we had like a 50x spike in cases just 10 days ago. Just remove the past 10 days our cases were like 2k...

If you want to compare recovery rate, you need to use todays numbers with the case number from the past, ie minus the average number of days it takes to recover which is like at least 2 weeks?

• Praise 4

Turbocharged
7 hours ago, Jellandross said:

Because her brain is screwed by the toxic social media culture. Everyone wants to be recognised as the first to post insider news. And those so called family/friends in her wechat group are sama sama mentality help to forward instead of warning her of the consequences. Now career gone, jail time, criminal record, and probably will never recover back a similar job in the future.

一失足成千古恨. One misstep, regret rest of her life. 

Bak Kut Teh 6 weeks.. this one how many?  

• Haha! 1

9 minutes ago, BenTong said:

Bak Kut Teh 6 weeks.. this one how many?  

6 weeks jail is like just nice our circuit breaker end.. 

• Haha! 1

1 hour ago, RadX said:

our health ministar is the one telling the nation masks only give a false sense of security. i know someone had worn masks to work or to school but had to take it of with unnecessarily huge peer pressure.

masks only should be worn for those who are sick in this COVID-19 highly infectious respiratory pandemic.  this is part of golden standard. we are the only country that tell ppl not to wear masks. there is a huge difference between not advocating masks and telling ppl masks should not be worn.

we are dealing with humans. if everyone who is unwell will immediately know that he is unwell and immediately stop going out or start to use masks, if it is that simple would there be a pandemic at all? if everyone in a country is so organized, if everyone one knows his own conditions so well automatically, would still need health minister to coordinate? talking about the obvious unreal and ask the nation to follow. who is actually having an illusion? why now make it mandatory for everyone to put on a sense of false of security in the face?

whatever he says, i won't trust.

Edited by minion
  • Angry 1
  • Haha! 1

1 hour ago, Wind30 said:

I dont know what numbers they are trying to spin because I haven't seen any explanation.

While getting the hospitalized number down is good for their backside (did the lockdown caused the Dorm outbreak?) it is bad for the PR they are trying to communicate to the FW.

Singapore will 'care for Indian migrant workers', PM Lee assures PM Modi

on the other hand, the hospital cases are decreasing... which means almost all of them are not going to hospitals....

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/covid-19-lee-india-narendra-modi-care-migrant-workers-dorms-12671404

we will take care of you in EXPO or where ever else that is, but it is NOT hospitals. 99% not hospitals...

i thought they did say they are moving not so sick patients out of hospital, so hospital can just treat the very sick.  

There's even a word for it "decanted".  up to now, i always thought decant means rich people pour XO into special crystal containers....

19 hours ago, Wind30 said:

I think a lot depends on not just your personality, but also the place you are staying and who you are staying with.

honestly everyone is different. Just because you have no effects from staying at home... doesn't mean it is allright for the rest of us.

we can see more and more siaolang... sigh...

I wonder when will be the first recorded human cost from the lockdown... or will they even report it...

This I agree with you. [laugh][laugh][laugh]

Turbocharged
22 minutes ago, Chongster said:

i thought they did say they are moving not so sick patients out of hospital, so hospital can just treat the very sick.  

There's even a word for it "decanted".  up to now, i always thought decant means rich people pour XO into special crystal containers....

no they revised the numbers not just for today but also for the past 4 days, so they actually changed numbers released previously. 

you can't "decant"  thousands in one day anyway 🙂

I think this "decant" word is not thought up by an engineer. I like the "circuit breaker" terminology though, must be same field as me... 

16 hours ago, Fcw75 said:

Close all fast food la...knn. 

Don’t eat fast food won’t die one plus healthier.

Then the fellow go kpkb at chicken rice stall,  close the chicken rice stall,  no eat chicken rice won't die one. 

Ok no chicken rice,  he go kpkb at the fishball noodle stall,  close the fish ball noodle stall,  no eat fish ball noodle wont die one. 

Ok then what else,  might as well close all food stalls,  don't eat outside food also wont die one right?  [laugh][laugh][laugh]

• Haha! 6

7 minutes ago, Tianmo said:

Then the fellow go kpkb at chicken rice stall,  close the chicken rice stall,  no eat chicken rice won't die one. 

Ok no chicken rice,  he go kpkb at the fishball noodle stall,  close the fish ball noodle stall,  no eat fish ball noodle wont die one. 

Ok then what else,  might as well close all food stalls,  don't eat outside food also wont die one right?  [laugh][laugh][laugh]

actually i heard an interview on 100.3

1 country really shut down even all makan place, u can only cook at home.  africa there de i think.😆

• Haha! 2

14 hours ago, Fcw75 said:

Actually it’s managing expectations. The word FAST is already misleading with so many orders nowadays. 
When you are at hawker centre or kopitiam, you are expected to wait.

These "Fast" food are not call fast food only yesterday or when covid-19 started what, they are call FAST food since the day they appeared right? 

These are ang moh FAST food, because the ang moh compare them to their ever waiting restaurants, and we are stupid enough to take their fast food on surface, who do we blame?

We also have own own version of fast food, and even faster but ppl claim we are expected to wait?  If you have a stop watch, next time compare how long it takes to get your order from McD and how long  it takes to get your order from the cai png stall... 

In china, our cai png is call 中华快餐!!!! [laugh][laugh][laugh]

Edited by Tianmo
  • Praise 3
  • Haha! 2

Internal Moderator
16 minutes ago, Tianmo said:

These "Fast" food are not call fast food only yesterday or when covid-19 started what, they are call FAST food since the day they appeared right? 

These are ang moh FAST food, because the ang moh compare them to their ever waiting restaurants, and we are stupid enough to take their fast food on surface, who do we blame?

We also have own own version of fast food, and even faster but ppl claim we are expected to wait?  If you have a stop watch, next time compare how long it takes to get your order from McD and how long  it takes to get your order from the cai png stall... 

In china, our cai png is call 中华快餐!!!! [laugh][laugh][laugh]

I tot 中國大包 is the real chinese fastfood? hahahha

↡ Advertisement