COVID-19 IV: SG Circuit Breaker EXTENDED TILL 1ST JUNE: 451 New Cases, 1 SG/PR (19 May)

Raubern

Message added by kobayashiGT

56 minutes ago, Tianmo said:

Then the fellow go kpkb at chicken rice stall,  close the chicken rice stall,  no eat chicken rice won't die one. 

Ok no chicken rice,  he go kpkb at the fishball noodle stall,  close the fish ball noodle stall,  no eat fish ball noodle wont die one. 

Ok then what else,  might as well close all food stalls,  don't eat outside food also wont die one right?  [laugh][laugh][laugh]

That’s why I said it’s expectation. When I go to chicken rice stall I expect to queue and wait. 

You go to fast food you just want to get it quick and go. If the number is not yours then you wait and wait.

And the chance of getting f back and been chased by the guy with chopper is higher. 

But you are right, chai png is the fastest. Close all stalls except chai png! Or just eat at home.

😆

Edited by Fcw75
↡ Advertisement

1 hour ago, Wind30 said:

no they revised the numbers not just for today but also for the past 4 days, so they actually changed numbers released previously. 

you can't "decant"  thousands in one day anyway 🙂

I think this "decant" word is not thought up by an engineer. I like the "circuit breaker" terminology though, must be same field as me... 

The number has been listed this way since conversion of D Resort to isolation centre.

It depends on how clear your mind is with the numbers.

Go through the graph i posted previously

Edited by inlinesix

2 hours ago, Beanoyip said:

Actually 1 stat which I'm very puzzled is the rate of recovery in SG, how come up to now only 900+ recovered out of the 11000+ cases???? Just comparing some other countries..

WTF is going on?

image.png.42eb9c8207c66d163e101717fb9f5b9a.png

image.png.b71d4358c44d2a2a650fdcb290f0bbbf.png

image.png.9752fb43cf645bc7247e9d811c5156fa.png

A lot of our cases are somewhat "recent" due to FW. The recovery will take 2 to 4 weeks, or even longer.

Korea got most of their cases in Feb, so most of them should recover/die by now.

Edited by Weez911
  • Praise 1

1 minute ago, Weez911 said:

A lot of our cases are somewhat "recent" due to FW. The recovery will take 2 to 4 weeks, or even longer.

Korea got most of their cases in Feb, so most of them should recover/die by now.

A lot of our recent cases has very short hospitalisation days (from confirmation to discharge).

There are at least 10 cases of 2 days only.

This is a very scary sign as there might be a lot of asymptomatic ppl running around.

9 hours ago, Jellandross said:

Because her brain is screwed by the toxic social media culture. Everyone wants to be recognised as the first to post insider news. And those so called family/friends in her wechat group are sama sama mentality help to forward instead of warning her of the consequences. Now career gone, jail time, criminal record, and probably will never recover back a similar job in the future.

一失足成千古恨. One misstep, regret rest of her life. 

Looks like someone rather prominent has also been "jinxed" by the toxic social media culture. Or are the levels of that elusive hormone "irreverence" just too high in her blood like she claims?

Edited by Turboflat4
  • Shocked 1
  • Haha! 2

Turbocharged
5 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

The number has been listed this way since conversion of D Resort to isolation centre.

It depends on how clear your mind is with the numbers.

Go through the graph i posted previously

one of my friends told me the reason for the change in numbers of hospitalised... not going to elaborate in case it is sensitive. but bottomline is, it is a honest mistake,

especially if you look at the number of hospital beds we have is like 9k in public hospitals. having 4+k hospitalised means half the hospital beds are Covid which is extremely alarming if it is true...

Internal Moderator
1 minute ago, Beanoyip said:

So fast next page liao! 

I move some of the existing thread here. So can continue the conversation. Don't disturb me. I scare I accidentally delete the posts. Then I will send to jail one leh. Or get beaten. :ouch-it-hurts:

• Haha! 4

Turbocharged
2 hours ago, minion said:

our health ministar is the one telling the nation masks only give a false sense of security. i know someone had worn masks to work or to school but had to take it of with unnecessarily huge peer pressure.

masks only should be worn for those who are sick in this COVID-19 highly infectious respiratory pandemic.  this is part of golden standard. we are the only country that tell ppl not to wear masks. there is a huge difference between not advocating masks and telling ppl masks should not be worn.

we are dealing with humans. if everyone who is unwell will immediately know that he is unwell and immediately stop going out or start to use masks, if it is that simple would there be a pandemic at all? if everyone in a country is so organized, if everyone one knows his own conditions so well automatically, would still need health minister to coordinate? talking about the obvious unreal and ask the nation to follow. who is actually having an illusion? why now make it mandatory for everyone to put on a sense of false of security in the face?

whatever he says, i won't trust.

Haiya.. who cares what the minister say ? One want to wear wear la.. if you have unlimited supply.. if not then gotta choose the battles to fight..or to wear

• Praise 2

our health ministar is the one telling the nation masks only give a false sense of security.

Hehehe... 

DaKM-IFX0AA_05B.jpg

jzmsfmj7tz441.jpg

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 3

2 hours ago, TangoCharlie said:

SG patients can ask for morphine+oxygen mask first instead of intubation?

Learn a new term...happy hypoxics.

https://www.straitstimes.com/world/coronavirus-as-virus-advances-doctors-rethink-rush-to-ventilate

This part of the article is pretty interesting

The picture is partial and evolving, but it suggests people with Covid-19 who have been intubated have had, at least in the early stages of the pandemic, a higher rate of death than other patients on ventilators who have conditions such as bacterial pneumonia or collapsed lungs.

This is not proof that ventilators have hastened death: The link between intubation and death rates needs further study, doctors say.

our health ministar is the one telling the nation masks only give a false sense of security. i know someone had worn masks to work or to school but had to take it of with unnecessarily huge peer pressure.

masks only should be worn for those who are sick in this COVID-19 highly infectious respiratory pandemic.  this is part of golden standard. we are the only country that tell ppl not to wear masks. there is a huge difference between not advocating masks and telling ppl masks should not be worn.

we are dealing with humans. if everyone who is unwell will immediately know that he is unwell and immediately stop going out or start to use masks, if it is that simple would there be a pandemic at all? if everyone in a country is so organized, if everyone one knows his own conditions so well automatically, would still need health minister to coordinate? talking about the obvious unreal and ask the nation to follow. who is actually having an illusion? why now make it mandatory for everyone to put on a sense of false of security in the face?

whatever he says, i won't trust.

I sound like a broken record but

the PMD saga is the best example of what people in Singapore are capable of which is quite recent.

There is no excuse (authorities) for not recognizing that behavior when it comes to dealing with COVID-19.

So yes, I agree with you on that part on people having to remove masks early on due to huge peer pressure.

ElasticQuickJaeger-size_restricted.gif

• Praise 1

1 hour ago, Weez911 said:

Actually Singapore is one of the top after we get a huge number of cases from FW.

Now we have one of the lowest death rates compared to total number of people infected :grin:

That's one way to make numbers look good.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2
  • Haha! 2