COVID-19 IV: SG Circuit Breaker EXTENDED TILL 1ST JUNE: 451 New Cases, 1 SG/PR (19 May)

Raubern

Message added by kobayashiGT

6 minutes ago, Hubwee said:

How is the sgcarmart source more legit ? Even if it is , which part of it states that it’s illegal to wash car ? 

the link I posted was updated on the 20th of April , with the  first reply on 9th April , meaning that someone updated it after the extended cb .

anyway , not going to insist that I am correct since I do not have to wash my cars at public carparks . 

Ask MOH please. this is regulations. I dont set this regulation. if you cannot accept what others say with facts than is up to your own discretion. 

You mean sources from sgcarmart is fake? Can moderator verify this information?

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

2 hours ago, Hubwee said:

Why can’t washing cars be a form of exercise?

only jogging allowed ? Not testing the system but think all should use common sense ba ...

I have washed the car twice during CB. All the time i alone. If got someone else in washing bay i will do later. 

washing car is much better than jogging, jogging u don’t wear mask and breath in other joggers’ air. 

1 minute ago, Hubwee said:

Is buying something else other than food listed ? Does it meant  cannot go buy a pail or broom these days ?   

IMHO.    Pail or broom are goods.  Supermarket are essential service provider. 

4(3) (b) to procure any goods or services from an essential service provider, an early childhood development centre or a specified school;

as said , please use common sense ba ... how the hell can the G even categories what is exercise and what is not ? Only jogging and brisk walking is considered as exercise?

IMHO,  now as I re-look at it again, especially the underlined parts, this was written in a way to deter those who like to determine specifically what an exercise is and also the location to be done.  

4(3)(d) to walk, run, cycle or engage in other similar exercise at any of the following places, either alone or with any other individual living in the same place of residence as the individual:

(i)on a length of path that is a public path;
(ii)in a green or an open space that is managed or maintained by the Government or a public body and is accessible to the general public without payment of any fee;

• Praise 1

6 minutes ago, Hubwee said:

Is buying something else other than food listed ? Does it meant  cannot go buy a pail or broom these days ? 

as said , please use common sense ba ... how the hell can the G even categories what is exercise and what is not ? Only jogging and brisk walking is considered as exercise? 

4b) to procure any goods or services from an essential service provider or a specified school;

any shop that can be open now is considered an essential services provider. So anyone that goes out to procure a broom or pail from a shop that is open in the current situation is allowed to do so. This is easily understood and doesn’t require common sense.

the list of exercises are as below. Take note, all my sources are from gov. Not private non gov sites like sgcm or motorist.sg.

21BBB9FD-78FF-45BD-B9DE-EF42CE92C382.jpeg

• Praise 1

16 minutes ago, Fcw75 said:

I don’t even wash my car and I don’t smoke. Haha, can’t help.

After rain, I just do a wipe down.

Eh... i don't want to wash my car.  This circuit breaker, I got a bit of time, so I thought of washing car  !  

7 minutes ago, Thaiyotakamli said:

I have washed the car twice during CB. All the time i alone. If got someone else in washing bay i will do later. 

washing car is much better than jogging, jogging u don’t wear mask and breath in other joggers’ air. 

u wash car in ur own garage need to wear mask meh?

at least wear short can already ... [laugh] 

• Haha! 2

31 minutes ago, Hubwee said:

https://sso.agc.gov.sg/SL/COVID19TMA2020-S254-2020?DocDate=20200424

(d)to walk, run, cycle or engage in other similar exercise at any of the following places, either alone or with any other individual living in the same place of residence as the individual:

(i)on a length of path that is a public path;

(ii)in a green or an open space that is managed or maintained by the Government or a public body and is accessible to the general public without payment of any fee;

Further info on what constitutes permissible exercise (before the enhanced CB kicks in)

https://www.sportsingapore.gov.sg/Newsroom/Media-Releases/2020/Advisory-on-Sport-and-Physical-Exercise-and-Activities-from-7-April-to-4-May-2020

Clause 4

All group sports and physical activities shall cease between 7 April 2020 and 4 May 2020, regardless of group size or location. This includes one-on-one private coaching sessions, as well as outdoor group physical activities (such as bootcamp-style training, circuit training, group running/cycling, group yoga, as well as gatherings involving workouts, exercises and physical activity of any nature). Physical activity involving only members of the same household may proceed according to the stated guidelines above.

with the enhanced CB, please exercise alone, in immediate neighbourhood, without driving out.

0CD8C4C8-9B92-4186-B6CE-55EE33EC6E49.png

• Praise 3

Now want to look into fw welfare... as if this is new problem... 😱.. all the bloody levies go where..

On another note. 

The fw population are probably well on the way to herd immunity. 

When it's over,  will they become a virus source instead for local population?

Or they will go home and a new non immunised batch come.. rinse and repeat. 🤔

Cos many of our citizens employed in essential industries have to work closely with fw.

20200426_191901.jpg

• Praise 2

2 hours ago, Tonyng said:

I agree. 

in fact, all alone activities should be allowed. Silly planners are looking at the how to make people stay at home instead of how to prevent virus spread that is sustainable and makes common sense. 

After nearly 14k cases, which covid cluster is from washing car alone in hdb? 

this is what happens when there is no real social discourse- there is no common sense anymore. And singaporeans being sheep are just happy to be lead. 

True. If one can go into a shopping mall `to do something' and yet cannot wash car alone...  then this logic is wasped.

6 hours ago, Mockngbrd said:

Non essential don't mean is illiegal. Just wear a mask and keep your social distancing awareness. Shouldn't be an issue. My estate allows washing buy they blocked off one of the lots so can only wash 1 car at any one time. 

by that, i conclude washing car is permitted. my estate, the washiing bays are not cordoned.

i don't go out often, so can't say if anyone washed their car during this period.

• Praise 3

3 hours ago, BanCoe said:

Came across this video clip .... this Dr Navarro handled the interview very well .......

Very useful info by David Nabarro of WHO who
 is trying to put things in perspective.  
Everything needs to be contextualised without making misinterpreted  sweeping statements.  Easy to criticise like Trump, and unfortunately many Singaporeans also, without taking into account all the various considerations 😊

This WHO officer literally destroyed all the fake accusations now circulating widely in the Internet of WHO and China relationships. 
All the points clarified ....

David Nabarro speaks to BBC Hardtalk. Nabarro is one of DG WHO Tedros Regional envoys and was UK candidate for WHO DG post in 2017

https://youtu.be/LaXQlL-HeOE

Agree that if we look at the development in context of what was the situation was like and what kind of info WHO had, it all make sense.

You can see that Stephen Sackur seems to agree with most part of it cos he didn't deploy his usual 'bullying' approach on the guest.

• Praise 1

19 minutes ago, Thaiyotakamli said:

looks like the number of beds in these isolation facilities could easily accommodate up to 20-25k ppl

Professor Dale Fisher, senior consultant at the Division of Infectious Diseases in National University Hospital (NUH), told CNA in an interview that Singapore is still in the very early stages of sorting out the pandemic as efforts are ramping up.

He went on to state that the community isolation facilities are the choke point at the moment.

“The huge effort at the moment is to expand the number of community isolation facilities,” said Prof Fisher.

He pointed out that there are about five thousand beds now and there will be ten thousand beds over the next week or two. The target is twenty thousand beds after a month or two.

This will ease the pressure on the hospitals which are now operating at full capacity and intend to discharge their patients to community isolation facilities.

Existing community isolation facilities are built in Changi Expo, says Prof Fisher. Another is also being built at Tuas South.

• Praise 1

3 hours ago, Hubwee said:

A58000FE-C82B-49BB-A35E-88FDF3B00F75.pngWhat I found just googling ... 

Those who replied saying cannot , any links to show that ? 

I believe washing car at the Wash Bay is allowed. If not, HDB would have blocked up/cordoned off the Wash Bay, or locked up the water dispenser.  I have seen car washing at the Wash Bay just now.

Edited by Civic2000
  • Praise 1

2 minutes ago, Civic2000 said:

I believe washing car at the Wash Bay is allowed. If not, HDB would have block up/sealed  up the Wash Bay, or locked up the water dispenser.  I have seen car washing at the Wash Bay just now.

Boil down to common sense in the end. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2