COVID-19 IV: SG Circuit Breaker EXTENDED TILL 1ST JUNE: 451 New Cases, 1 SG/PR (19 May)

Raubern

Message added by kobayashiGT

Twincharged
8 minutes ago, kobayashiGT said:

I better ask my godma keep her pandan leave at home instead. hahah.

For unknown reason, when I first saw this post I thought I saw the word 'MIL' instead of 'godma'.

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 2

Twincharged
11 hours ago, Turboflat4 said:

Whether 2/3 or 1/2 if they've been punished, the problem should've been drastically reduced or eliminated by now right? 

Unless it was only a slap on the wrist, not really meant to deter, only to wayang.

I believe in her speech(which I often ignore), she mention that the dorm operator has to moderate the cost as well as the space.

I can only say, just get a standard army regulation barrack standard and use that as a benchmark.

If can make money, good. IF cannot, then the dorm operator has to relook at options. After all, its a biz decision.

At this point in time, the whole world is looking at the glaring omission of a standard living condition for migrant workers.

I am sure we are not the only nation that has such problems.

• Praise 4

1 hour ago, Tkseah said:

I love living with my kid.. but I cannot WFH effectively while taking care of him in the house.. 

That exactly. If no need to work, no problems with being lockdown with kids 24/7.

• Haha! 1

Twincharged
19 minutes ago, Sdf4786k said:

my other dept manager who is a lady even worst. Cannot stand her in laws who live with them, so work late everyday.

Then don now which goondu go spread rumour of hunted office, lagi worst, now made her direct report work till 10 EVERYday to keep her company like dowager.

Lucky with Covid, her staff now got some room to breathe.

Must be some naughty colleges want to make fun of her.. So go say office hunted.. But who knows she go to such extreme to pull someone back to accompany her.. 

• Haha! 1

Twincharged
4 minutes ago, minion said:

Screenshot_20200505_092715_com.android.chrome.thumb.jpg.7db0864cc2b041b3f8ebf1cdd89a9181.jpg

Hmm... Maybe we are very close to have antiviral drugs then vaccine ba.. In that case also not so bad La.. Coz when people get covid-19 at least they know that there is antiviral drugs that can treat them.. 

• Praise 1

Internal Moderator
5 minutes ago, Philipkee said:

For unknown reason, when I first saw this post I thought I saw the word 'MIL' instead of 'godma'.

MIL is @Jamesc

My godma stay beside me only. We bought a side by side unit. So the corridor has all her plants. Later I go tell her to keep pandan leaves. Got stabber. hahah.

• Shocked 1
  • Haha! 3

Twincharged
13 hours ago, Windwaver said:

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/man-arrested-for-attempted-murder-after-stabbing-safe-distancing-enforcement-officer-from

Man arrested for attempted murder after stabbing safe distancing enforcement officer from NParks

yq-c5-04052020.jpg?itok=5BRg-E-8&timesta

SINGAPORE - A 61-year-old man has been arrested for attempted murder after he stabbed a safe distancing enforcement officer from the National Parks Board (NParks) who was putting up SafeEntry signs along the Sungei Serangoon Park Connector.

The man, who did not have a mask on and was cutting plants illegally, had turned aggressive towards NParks officers who had approached him, and attacked one of them with a sharp instrument, the police said on Monday (May 4).

"The victim sustained serious injuries to his chest, arm and hand. He was conscious when conveyed to Changi General Hospital," said the police, who were called for help at 12.05pm on Monday.

whoa.. pandan left killer ...din know there is a gold rush for these.

1 hour ago, Yewheng said:

Hmm.. True.. End of the day they need to feed their families.. Maybe before the covid-19 outbreak.. They felt that their living condition although not that well off but liveable as they might had worst of living condition when they are back home then they stay at these dormitories. So now they are slowly shifting to more open space housing for them. They felt its an added bonus.. However the basic things they felt more important that need to be fulfilled is the pay and all these agent fees and etc..

Btw why need to have extrovert agent fees? Can't we remove that barrier? 

I guess this agent fee thing is like some unwritten rule in the eco system to feed someone somewhere. Just to share a similar experience about my domestic worker whom wants to return for a year and come back later but she says she doesn't wants to pay the huge agent fees back home. We help check with our local agent whom we have use for many years in Singapore.

She was kind to go into detail explanation that if they don't go through agent, some kind of documentation will not be approve

I guess this sort of explain how the eco system works and I believe its the same be in which country they come from.

• Praise 1

Twincharged
11 minutes ago, Acewin said:

I guess this agent fee thing is like some unwritten rule in the eco system to feed someone somewhere. Just to share a similar experience about my domestic worker whom wants to return for a year and come back later but she says she doesn't wants to pay the huge agent fees back home. We help check with our local agent whom we have use for many years in Singapore.

She was kind to go into detail explanation that if they don't go through agent, some kind of documentation will not be approve

I guess this sort of explain how the eco system works and I believe its the same be in which country they come from.

Then government should make it easier for those information to be easily available so that the agent cost could be cut down and need not add in extra cost due to the middle man in place.. 

Supersonic
(edited)
35 minutes ago, Sdf4786k said:

I believe in her speech(which I often ignore), she mention that the dorm operator has to moderate the cost as well as the space.

I can only say, just get a standard army regulation barrack standard and use that as a benchmark.

If can make money, good. IF cannot, then the dorm operator has to relook at options. After all, its a biz decision.

At this point in time, the whole world is looking at the glaring omission of a standard living condition for migrant workers.

I am sure we are not the only nation that has such problems.

Absolutely.

Why is it that so many gahmens (especially ours it seems but not only ours, the US under Trump also has a major problem with this) forget that the chief purpose of gahmen is not making money? That's the chief purpose of private business. The primary purpose of gahmen is to set regulatory boundaries (to be enforced by the judiciary) for private businesses to continue making that money within reasonable bounds of morality and ethics. 

It seems somebody has dropped the ball here. Don't look to the private dorm operators like they're the sole arbiter of their workers' welfare - they're mainly interested in their bottom line, as they should be. It's up to the gahmen to set the limits for them and enforce them.

Edited by Turboflat4
  • Praise 6

Twincharged
5 minutes ago, Yewheng said:

Then government should make it easier for those information to be easily available so that the agent cost could be cut down and need not add in extra cost due to the middle man in place.. 

It might be because it's in another country where we have no control over.  Meaning, no middle man, no FW.  Doesn't matter if the info is available or not.  So that cost is fixed.  Maybe.  I don't know.

• Haha! 1

Internal Moderator
31 minutes ago, Sdf4786k said:

whoa.. pandan left killer ...din know there is a gold rush for these.

I didn't know pluck pandan leave need so many equipment one also. My godma use bare hand only. 🤣

• Haha! 2

14 minutes ago, Yewheng said:

The agent fee thing is necessary in the FW country of origin so its beyond our gahman control.

• Praise 1

4 minutes ago, kobayashiGT said:

I didn't know pluck pandan leave need so many equipment one also. My godma use bare hand only. 🤣

The NPark one is probably hundreds year tree and only flourish every decade therefore need special tools and not bare hands to harvest the leaves properly. [:)]

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 1