COVID-19 IV: SG Circuit Breaker EXTENDED TILL 1ST JUNE: 451 New Cases, 1 SG/PR (19 May)

Raubern

Message added by kobayashiGT

Just now, Wt_know said:

bullrun ........ cheong ah!

Bull run until July? That's the timeline they said needed to test all the FW IIRC.

↡ Advertisement
  • Shocked 1
  • Haha! 1

Turbocharged
5 minutes ago, Weez911 said:

+675 and 2.

Realistic target to maintain is single digit local infections. Want to keep to zero local cases is near impossible with something that is infectious while asymptomatic. PRC, HK, Korea, all cannot. Viet and Laos, i don't quite believe.

Anyway i realize that news from yesterday are "tuned" to be upbeat and optimistic already so ...

3 hours ago, RadX said:

wah bah kut teh kanna 6 wk, while thermometer + mask only deserves 4...

BKT more potent 😆

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 4

Internal Moderator
10 minutes ago, Weez911 said:

Bull run until July? That's the timeline they said needed to test all the FW IIRC.

We currently only covered 10% of the FW.

• Shocked 1
  • Sad 1

Internal Moderator
5 minutes ago, Atrecord said:

wah bah kut teh kanna 6 wk, while thermometer + mask only deserves 4...

BKT more potent 😆

More spicy mah. hahaha.

• Haha! 1

5 minutes ago, Sosaria said:

Realistic target to maintain is single digit local infections. Want to keep to zero local cases is near impossible with something that is infectious while asymptomatic. PRC, HK, Korea, all cannot. Viet and Laos, i don't quite believe.

Anyway i realize that news from yesterday are "tuned" to be upbeat and optimistic already so ...

Yesterday, lab got problem la.

With most of lab testing directed towards FW, do we really such a low cases of community spread?

Turbocharged
3 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

Yesterday, lab got problem la.

With most of lab testing directed towards FW, do we really such a low cases of community spread?

Strictly speaking we don't know from where these SG and PR cases are tested and confirmed. Healthcare workers that are being screened , or people who go to clinic with respiratory symptoms and flu?

You are right to say that the general population has not been tested. Not you, me, or our neighbours. All stay at home but not tested. But I suppose since none of us or our family members staying with us show any symptoms from CB start till now, they assume we are all "clean". Cannot be everyone so heng and asymptomatic right?

1 minute ago, Sosaria said:

Strictly speaking we don't know from where these SG and PR cases are tested and confirmed. Healthcare workers that are being screened , or people who go to clinic with respiratory symptoms and flu?

You are right to say that the general population has not been tested. Not you, me, or our neighbours. All stay at home but not tested. But I suppose since none of us or our family members staying with us show any symptoms from CB start till now, they assume we are all "clean". Cannot be everyone so heng and asymptomatic right?

Everyone is tested in the same labs.  We have daily capacity of 3k test.  To be discharged also need to be tested.

We don't have the capacity to further test any outbreak of new community spread cluster.  How safe is it to re-open?

I am not talking about testing the everyone on this island.

• Praise 1

Internal Moderator
8 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

Everyone is tested in the same labs.  We have daily capacity of 3k test.  To be discharged also need to be tested.

We don't have the capacity to further test any outbreak of new community spread cluster.  How safe is it to re-open?

I am not talking about testing the everyone on this island.

Yah. inorder to increase the capacity, we need more manpower, more swab, more machine.

Don't think at a short period of time, we can have everything together.

• Praise 1

Supersonic
12 minutes ago, Sosaria said:

Now have to wait after CB ended on Jun 1, and everyone is back at work and out on street, and see if there would be surge of new cases? As you said, none of us are tested and most people now stay home for this 2 months, thats is why new cases so low, but doesnt 100% mean all of us are covid free. Like the experts always say, many people could have covid and yet no symptoms or feel unwell. 

6 minutes ago, kobayashiGT said:

Yah. inorder to increase the capacity, we need more manpower, more swab, more machine.

Don't think at a short period of time, we can have everything together.

Saw on some cant remember correctly some active sg website they are recruiting swab test personal $3400.0 per month, swab assistant $3000.0 per month.

Anyone interested can go apply.

• Praise 1

Internal Moderator
1 minute ago, Acewin said:

Saw on some cant remember correctly some active sg website they are recruiting swab test personal $3400.0 per month, swab assistant $3000.0 per month.

yah. I think i saw on the news also.

But they will have to undergo training first also. So that will take up sometimes. Manpower is can find. But the machine is hard, the whole world is fighting to get the machine. So it gonna be a challenge.

• Praise 1

Supersonic
14 minutes ago, Acewin said:

Salary seems quite good, although there is a high risk for this job.

Turbocharged
(edited)
23 minutes ago, 13177 said:

Now have to wait after CB ended on Jun 1, and everyone is back at work and out on street, and see if there would be surge of new cases? As you said, none of us are tested and most people now stay home for this 2 months, thats is why new cases so low, but doesnt 100% mean all of us are covid free. Like the experts always say, many people could have covid and yet no symptoms or feel unwell. 

I think many will still be WFH and to go back to office need good reasons , follow protocols etc.

Unless those SME always want people to come back to office.

Public and civil service offices i heard from relatives that want to go back to office is very difficult, need permissions to be granted. Management is toeing the line.

Edited by Sosaria
  • Praise 2

30 minutes ago, Acewin said:

I highly encourage those jobless folks who have recovered from Covid to take up this job. It's perfect match.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2