Pump prices fall by up to 5 cents a litre a week after oil plunge

kobayashiGT

Internal Moderator

Pump prices fall by up to 5 cents a litre a week after oil plunge

source: https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/transport/pump-prices-fall-by-up-to-5-cents-a-litre-a-week-after-oil-plunge?xtor=CS3-18&utm_source=STiPhone&utm_medium=share&utm_term=2020-04-30 10%3A04%3A37

rk_clatex_300420.jpg?itok=Ckm0vZc_&times

SINGAPORE - Pump prices here have fallen by up to 5 cents a litre, a week after crude oil plunged to record lows.

The price of 95-octane petrol, the most popular grade here, is $2.04 at Esso, Shell, SPC and Sinopec - down from $2.09, according to fuel price tracker Fuel Kaki. Caltex is selling it at $2.06 a litre.

All the reductions were made on Wednesday (April 29) except for Sinopec, which adjusted downwards on Thursday morning.

The 92-octane grade is now $2 at Esso and SPC, and $2.02 at Caltex.

Shell does not sell 92-octane petrol, and neither does Sinopec, which is said to get its supplies from the British-Dutch oil giant.

On the other end of the price spectrum, 98-octane petrol is cheapest at SPC, which is retailing it at $2.38 a litre, followed by $2.41 at Esso and Sinopec, and $2.43 at Shell.

Caltex is retailing 98-octane, which it touts as a rival to Shell's V-Power, at $2.53 a litre.

The so-called special grades by Shell (V-Power) and Sinopec (Sino X Power) are retailing at $2.65 and $2.55 a litre, respectively.

Diesel is cheapest at SPC, which is selling it at $1.64 a litre, followed by Esso's and Sinopec's $1.67, and Shell's $1.68. Diesel at Caltex is priciest at $1.69 a litre.

Meanwhile, petrol price in malaysia.

1111578362_Screenshot2020-04-30at10_58_17AM.png.1ef3330e1cb55ab7bad040b3499012e9.png

😭

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 5

Less than 60cents a litrefor RON97, can spray on the rim to wash it!!

Anyway not driving that much so how cheap also useless. Sigh....

• Haha! 1

Petrol price dropped at the wrong timing. Not many people can benefit from this, cause most people think now only pump once a month? Or even lesser?

• Praise 5

5 minutes ago, 13177 said:

Petrol price dropped at the wrong timing. Not many people can benefit from this, cause most people think now only pump once a month? Or even lesser?

Most organisation are rethinking on cutting cost n one of the more popular one is to reduce the office footprint n use WFH on alternate weeks for the team to improve its bottom line.

Interestingly , one of the 3 largest cost that they see was the office chair .. thanks to Herman Miller.. 

Edited by Sdf4786k
  • Haha! 3

16 minutes ago, 13177 said:

The reason that not many people can benefit is the same reason that prices have dropped.. a bit of a catch 22 it seems. Only essential services that run on fuels can benefit.

For the rest of us average consumers, back to my broken record - the only way to benefit is to find a way to dabao 🤭

• Praise 2

Don't buy petrol.

Buy the petrol company.

Every time prices goes up.

You will be smiling.

image.png.2251bf1c76bb8154bc650af5d482f70a.png

Although this smile looks a bit

constipated.

• Praise 3
  • Haha! 7

The sudden drop of prices from all our so-called cartels (after soooo freaking long since the oil crash) seems to me like there's someone big behind them saying..."Hey look, the citizens are complaining and please do something. Or else, there will be more backlash."

• Haha! 4

12 minutes ago, Jamesc said:

Don't buy petrol.

Buy the petrol company.

Every time prices goes up.

You will be smiling.

image.png.2251bf1c76bb8154bc650af5d482f70a.png

Although this smile looks a bit

constipated.

If you've really bought into these oil companies for the past 1 month... I believe you're already happily constipating now 😆

• Haha! 2

Twincharged
42 minutes ago, boonhat_91 said:

The reason that not many people can benefit is the same reason that prices have dropped.. a bit of a catch 22 it seems. Only essential services that run on fuels can benefit.

For the rest of us average consumers, back to my broken record - the only way to benefit is to find a way to dabao 🤭

Bought your jerrycan already? 

8 minutes ago, Ysc3 said:

Bought your jerrycan already? 

Every year I go reservist I take home 1 jellycan

All in preparation for this day when pump prices lelong

Twincharged
25 minutes ago, boonhat_91 said:

Every year I go reservist I take home 1 jellycan

All in preparation for this day when pump prices lelong

Long time never respond to the word reservist already... 😂 😂 

↡ Advertisement