Would you visit a Dentist during COVID 19 Pandemic?

noobcarbuyer

Would you visit a Dentist during COVID 19 Pandemic?  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Would you visit a Dentist during the COVID-19 Pandemic?

• Yes. Why not? I still want to look good and get my teeth cleaned or braces fitted.
    • No, will avoid. I will only go if i'm in pain or require emergency dental treatment.
    • No, I will absolutely not go see a Dentist during this pandemic.

Would you avoid visiting the Dentist during this COVID-19 pandemic?

After all there is the possible risk of aerosol transmission between consecutive patients at the dental clinics, unless we are talking negative pressure dental rooms with strict infection control protocols.

Wondering how is the general public viewing the importance of non-essential dental treatment during this pandemic. 

https://mothership.sg/2020/04/covid-dental-care/

↡ Advertisement

25 minutes ago, noobcarbuyer said:

This one infection control fail. 👎

scaling and polishing done by tongue using French style 🤣🤣🤣

• Haha! 1

Turbocharged
1 minute ago, Inlinefour said:

aiyoh then i must increase my frequency liao instead of twice a year.. maybe Twice a day to see dentist! 🤣 

• Haha! 2

(edited)
16 minutes ago, Ody_2004 said:

aiyoh then i must increase my frequency liao instead of twice a year.. maybe Twice a day to see dentist! 🤣 

daily best

mai tu liao 😍😍😍

Edited by Inlinefour
  • Haha! 1

17 minutes ago, Inlinefour said:

If her tongue is abrasive enough to polish teeth...

Mai La Mai La Wa Mai

Later become eunuch. 🤣🤣🤣

• Haha! 1

(edited)

I think most dentists are more scared than you dentees. 😂

If it's critical like toothache, then visit lah. If normal routine checkup, scaling... then postpone it lor. Because the dentists are more worried than you dentees.

Edited by Kangadrool
  • Praise 3

9 minutes ago, Kangadrool said:

I think most dentists are more scared than you dentees. 😂

If it's critical like toothache, then visit lah. If normal routine checkup, scaling... then postpone it lor. Because the dentists are more worried than you dentees.

What is a dentee? The patients ah? 

Why would the dentists be afraid? PPE not effective enough? 

Health care workers wearing space suits attending to covid-19 patients also risk infection. What more the basic PPE don by dentists and dental assistants? PPE also needs to be changed after every patients to be on the safe side since the aerosols will be sprayed all around in the confined space. This is to ensure that next patients will not be infected. Theoretically all dentees inside the clinic must be evacuated when a dentee is being attended.

Whether you deem yourself to be covid-free or not is not the point, the point is at this critical time, all of us must assume that we are covid carriers and take all possible precautions since there are cases of confirmed carriers without symptoms.

• Praise 3

8 minutes ago, Kangadrool said:

Health care workers wearing space suits attending to covid-19 patients also risk infection. What more the basic PPE don by dentists and dental assistants? PPE also needs to be changed after every patients to be on the safe side since the aerosols will be sprayed all around in the confined space. This is to ensure that next patients will not be infected. Theoretically all dentees inside the clinic must be evacuated when a dentee is being attended.

Whether you deem yourself to be covid-free or not is not the point, the point is at this critical time, all of us must assume that we are covid carriers and take all possible precautions since there are cases of confirmed carriers without symptoms.

Agree that we have to assume that everyone is a potential COVID-19 carrier nowdays. 

I think aerosolized transmission is a genuine concern for any dental operatory, what with all that jet sprays and dental drills etc.

But unless every dental clinic comes equipped with a negative pressure dental operatory room and does a very comprehensive wipe down infection control routine of all surfaces after each patient, the risk of cross infection between consecutive patients will always be present. 

But then again this could also be said of all elective medical procedures. 

Just that dental sector will be most at risk due respiratory nature of this COVID-19 virus and aerosols generated by the dental related equipment. 

• Praise 2

Supersonic
4 hours ago, noobcarbuyer said:

Would you avoid visiting the Dentist during this COVID-19 pandemic?

After all there is the possible risk of aerosol transmission between consecutive patients at the dental clinics, unless we are talking negative pressure dental rooms with strict infection control protocols.

Wondering how is the general public viewing the importance of non-essential dental treatment during this pandemic. 

https://mothership.sg/2020/04/covid-dental-care/

as with most bros here, they are right. The dental clinic is probably one of the safest place you can go to now. They more scared than of you. All along, they are in PPE. Now maybe double asked. And also --> 

MOH has strict rules on what kind of patients dentists can see. 

- Checkup ? 

- Scaling Polishing ? 

- Toothache ? depends on how pain. A little pain, please take painkillers and tahan [laugh]

- Root Canal or other serious ops ? Refer to NDC & NUH. 

There is a restriction on what kind of work dentists can perform now in this CB period. 

• Praise 6

Turbocharged
1 hour ago, Jamesc said:

Why not?

image.png.a855adcc45b3fbb777261763684a10d1.png

The guy is obviously scared stiff, but the oral experience should be not so intense since got wear rubber.

• Haha! 1

19 minutes ago, Othello said:

as with most bros here, they are right. The dental clinic is probably one of the safest place you can go to now. They more scared than of you. All along, they are in PPE. Now maybe double asked. And also --> 

MOH has strict rules on what kind of patients dentists can see. 

- Checkup ? 

- Scaling Polishing ? 

- Toothache ? depends on how pain. A little pain, please take painkillers and tahan [laugh]

- Root Canal or other serious ops ? Refer to NDC & NUH. 

There is a restriction on what kind of work dentists can perform now in this CB period. 

Yes I agree!

But what I am interested to know is the public perception of non-essential dental visits (like braces, scaling & polishing, teeth whitening etc) during the entire course of the pandemic, which is projected to last the next 2 years.

Most likely the number of dental visits will drop due to the perceived fear of visiting medical or dental institutions during a pandemic?

Just like how the numbers of heart attack and stroke patients basically disappeared from A&E departments in USA and UK once COVID-19 was firmly entrenched?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nytimes.com/2020/04/06/well/live/coronavirus-doctors-hospitals-emergency-care-heart-attack-stroke.amp.html

If even stroke and heart attack patients are afraid of visiting a hospital in a life and death situation, what more dental emergencies?

↡ Advertisement