LTK in icu after fall

RadX

13 minutes ago, Ysc3 said:

Very inappropriate to be saying such thing when someone is still in ICU. That part of the statement is very unnecessary. 

• Praise 4

Twincharged
16 minutes ago, kobayashiGT said:

rubbing salt on somebody wound sia. That is very bad.

... They are rubbing salt all over the place.

Supersonic
11 hours ago, Carbon82 said:

Get well soon Mr. Low, our true fighter. 💪

3 areas to look out for with fall prevention:

1. Wet / slippery floor
  2. Falling from height
  3. Abrupt movement 

Make it a habit to constantly check for slippery surface especially kitchen, bathroom and outdoor area (e.g. balcony, patio, walkway/driveway, etc.). Sometime simple household items like plastic bag, paper or even a spoon left unattended can land on the floor and cause slip and fall.

Always use a proper tool such as standing stool, step ladder to access to height, and make sure one stand firmly on the platform before rushing to perform the task. Set the stool or ladder on a level ground and maintaining 3 point contact helps to minimise risk of fall too.

Avoid moving too quickly, especially for older folks. Remembered KBW fell last year while getting up from bed, as he did not stand up slowly after awaking and lost his balance. The same can be applied when moving up and down stairs, just don't rush. 

Last but not least, watch out for your own body/health conditions. If you experience giddiness or weakness in knee while standing up quickly or executing certain movements, make sure you hold on to something stable to support yourself when needed.

Take care and stay safer at home.

Haha, true.

Btw, how many in MCF belong to this vulnerable group?

Watching those multi language/dialect clips on tv can be quite depressing...

• Haha! 1

4 hours ago, Fitvip said:

Haha, true.

Btw, how many in MCF belong to this vulnerable group?

Watching those multi language/dialect clips on tv can be quite depressing...

Those points mentioned in my previous post are applicable to personnel of all age groups, not just for the vulnerable group.

My grandma pass away 30+ years ago after a slip and fall in the bathroom, while my friend's wife went brain dead after falling down from a staircase, at the age of just 50+ about 13 years ago.

So I am very mindful with fall prevention at home or work, and those info I posted are deeply etched in my mind, not from google search...

4 hours ago, Fitvip said:

Screenshot_2020-05-05-12-12-06-14.thumb.png.9ef7ac88ba21ebd11d7fd20d4048c46a.png

Looking at this update, he suffered quite a bad injury, else wouldn't need to be hospitalized for so many weeks. Hopefully no permanent impairment to his speech and physical functions.

• Praise 12

Twincharged
23 hours ago, Carbon82 said:

Those points mentioned in my previous post are applicable to personnel of all age groups, not just for the vulnerable group.

My grandma pass away 30+ years ago after a slip and fall in the bathroom, while my friend's wife went brain dead after falling down from a staircase, at the age of just 50+ about 13 years ago.

So I am very mindful with fall prevention at home or work, and those info I posted are deeply etched in my mind, not from google search...

Looking at this update, he suffered quite a bad injury, else wouldn't need to be hospitalized for so many weeks. Hopefully no permanent impairment to his speech and physical functions.

The problem is elderly individuals often don't realize their advance in age and that leads to the problem which is too late when accidents happen.

However, it may be different for you because all the engineers I know all super risk adverse. But in a good way.

• Praise 2

4 minutes ago, Ash2017 said:

The problem is elderly individuals often don't realize their advance in age and that leads to the problem which is too late when accidents happen.

However, it may be different for you because all the engineers I know all super risk adverse. But in a good way.

Better late than pregnant la

oh welcome back

CB extended tho😜

• Haha! 1

Twincharged
11 minutes ago, RadX said:

Better late than pregnant la

oh welcome back

CB extended tho😜

I just poke you from behind to Turboflat4

basket some fiend you are

anyway you have slowed down a lot, cant keep up with the young one is it

• Praise 1

Twincharged
On 5/5/2020 at 9:27 AM, Ysc3 said:

err... actually first reading is i think he was just saying the pressure of the investigations may have stressed ltk too much causing health issues?? people do die from work related health issues.

i mean... he MUST have seen first hand the same tactics' effects politics had on his own dad's health.

and considering his dad's back story, if he wanted to be mean... he would have done a spectacular burn after lky died.... this seems out of character. imo.. probably a misinterpretation of his intent?

Supersonic
17 minutes ago, Ash2017 said:

I just poke you from behind to Turboflat4

basket some fiend you are

anyway you have slowed down a lot, cant keep up with the young one is it

Haha I tagged him. Undertaker will give you a Tombstone soon. 😂

• Praise 1

4 minutes ago, Turboflat4 said:

Let him live a bit

cb relaxed a bit wat 

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

Twincharged
52 minutes ago, Turboflat4 said:

basket you going to get me into trouble with the fiend friend of mine

actually he is harmless, his bark is worst than his bite

btw he is edentulous

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

Twincharged
49 minutes ago, RadX said:

Let him live a bit

cb relaxed a bit wat 

why happy mood today, won big sweep or toto

anyway you got something that despite having an obnoxious character there is something loving about you

• Praise 1

Just now, Ash2017 said:

why happy mood today, won big sweep or toto

anyway you got something that despite having an obnoxious character there is something loving about you

Go find ur bf @Philipkee

he alwes moaning for u

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1