Jurong West Hawker Centre Closing

RickyWee

Supersonic
12 hours ago, Dafansu said:

actually it's a trend all those new ones got no business, Yishun, Pasir Ris most of the time are empty. People still prefer old traditional hawker. 

But heard bt panjang hc and admiralty hc business quite ok, even they are also new ones.

↡ Advertisement

Supersonic
9 hours ago, SiLangKia said:

I like to go to St 52 526 coffeeshop for the BBQ seafood and Bowen's western food ! Always super crowded with alot of ppl drinking beer, me included 🤣

The taman jurong mkt and food centre is good too! 

When I was younger, used to go to Jurong stadium, sad that they finally demolished it

Taman jurong hc not bad, there is one stall at level 2 selling quite nice fried bee hoon. And upstairs there is cai png stall also quite nice but the last time i went there this cai png stall no more liao.

Opposite the hc, there is one foodcourt and there is one stall selling nice BCM. Always long queue de. And i like the ntuc there also, spacious to shop.

• Praise 1

Hypersonic
10 minutes ago, 13177 said:

Taman jurong hc not bad, there is one stall at level 2 selling quite nice fried bee hoon. And upstairs there is cai png stall also quite nice but the last time i went there this cai png stall no more liao.

Opposite the hc, there is one foodcourt and there is one stall selling nice BCM. Always long queue de. And i like the ntuc there also, spacious to shop.

that 58 BCM, the original stall  (last time from the 60 stalls) is on level 3 of the HC hor, and a few stalls away, the lor mee also queue never end one....[laugh][laugh][laugh]

• Praise 2

Supersonic
3 minutes ago, Tianmo said:

that 58 BCM, the original stall  (last time from the 60 stalls) is on level 3 of the HC hor, and a few stalls away, the lor mee also queue never end one....[laugh][laugh][laugh]

I dont know about the original stall, when i know about this BCM stall back in around 2007, it is already inside this foodcourt liao. Lol.

Hypersonic
5 minutes ago, 13177 said:

I dont know about the original stall, when i know about this BCM stall back in around 2007, it is already inside this foodcourt liao. Lol.

I eat this 58 BCM since the 80s lah, from the original stall at the 60 stalls to they started their franchises all over the place, till they close now all their franchises. 

2005-2007 was about the period they started their franchise, that time the BCM was inside koufu next to the foodcourt, after they toh, then shifted to the current location.  This is the only one left beside the original stall, which I understand related.

the original stall which is run by the son now, is on level 3 of the HC, next time you go see the name of the stall at the food court, "58 BCM" because old time at 60 stalls, their stall number was 58...[laugh][laugh][laugh]

• Praise 3

Hypersonic
9 hours ago, Columbian78 said:

Seems like we were from same area. My parents were supplying veg to that bbq seafood stall at blk 526 more than 10 years ago. We used to dabao their bbq fish, stingray and prawns and banana leaf fried rice which were very nice. But its been at least 10 years ago.

I am not that familiar with the current taman jurong mkt and food centre but more of the predecessor number 1 and number 2 markets in the 80s/90s before they were cleared. And the famous 60 stall of cos. We were selling veg in number 2 market until it was cleared in 1991, after which we moved to Jurong east 347.

Familiar with jurong stadium and the swimming pool as well. I first learnt swimming pool there and I was fr jurong sec so we often had sports activities at the stadium. I think many years ago there was a driving school there.

Boon lay 72 stalls, Tamah Jurong 60 stalls, 一号巴刹,二号巴刹,  brings back all the childhood memories...[laugh][laugh][laugh]

• Praise 2

5 hours ago, Tianmo said:

526 before they not allowed to put tables outside, we used to sit under that big tree every time we go there makan. 

Have not been there for quite a while liao, because always pack, food must wait very long... <_<

But hor, KNN at your age you know Jurong stadium meh? It was like  dead for more than 20 years liao...[laugh][laugh][laugh]

526 forever crowded one hahaha, especially when i always go on Sun evening, and sometimes we bring our relatives there to makan also hahahah

You shld go after the CCB, can go sit under the big tree again hahahahah

Jurong stadium I know the history cos my relatives told me abt the driving schools and about the events held there like those mini mational day parades, when I was in JJ, we did run from school to the old Jurong stadium to poke around abit hahaha

• Praise 1

5 hours ago, Tianmo said:

you from JJ nor, no wonder half a Jurong Kid

I think one old man here also last time JJ kid...[laugh][laugh][laugh]

Yeah hahaha half Jurong kid, plus in between houses I did kind of live in JW for 2-3 months at my Grandparent's place then (early 2000s)

hahaha ohh my senior ah, wonder who's that haha!

• Haha! 1

Hypersonic
2 hours ago, SiLangKia said:

526 forever crowded one hahaha, especially when i always go on Sun evening, and sometimes we bring our relatives there to makan also hahahah

You shld go after the CCB, can go sit under the big tree again hahahahah

Jurong stadium I know the history cos my relatives told me abt the driving schools and about the events held there like those mini mational day parades, when I was in JJ, we did run from school to the old Jurong stadium to poke around abit hahaha

Yah Jurong Stadium together with Jurong swimming pool have their glory days. It was one of the very early driving test center, and up till very late was one of very few class 4 and class 5 test center too. [laugh][laugh][laugh]

• Praise 2

Hypersonic
2 hours ago, SiLangKia said:

Yeah hahaha half Jurong kid, plus in between houses I did kind of live in JW for 2-3 months at my Grandparent's place then (early 2000s)

hahaha ohh my senior ah, wonder who's that haha!

Next MU i get him to sit beside you, but IIRC there are a few more JJ alumni here also...[laugh][laugh][laugh]

• Praise 1

8 minutes ago, Tianmo said:

Yah Jurong Stadium together with Jurong swimming pool have their glory days. It was one of the very early driving test center, and up till very late was one of very few class 4 and class 5 test center too. [laugh][laugh][laugh]

Trying to find old pictures of it now hahaha, today PH plus tmr on leave, very free 😛

5 minutes ago, Tianmo said:

Next MU i get him to sit beside you, but IIRC there are a few more JJ alumni here also...[laugh][laugh][laugh]

Onz hahaahahahaha ! Didn't know abt that!! Anyway, drove past the old JJ complex recently, deserted and empty and in a sad state now 😭

• Haha! 1

On 5/7/2020 at 10:23 AM, Tianmo said:

Boon lay 72 stalls, Tamah Jurong 60 stalls, 一号巴刹,二号巴刹,  brings back all the childhood memories...[laugh][laugh][laugh]

Boon Lay 72 is referring to the boon lay food centre? I never knew it is known as or has 72 stalls.

All those 4 places were a huge part of my childhood. Was helping parents sell veg at 二号巴刹, jurong sec always go eat at 一号巴刹, lived opposite boon lay fc, also quite frequent the taman jur 60 stalls. Unfortunately I have no photos of any of those.

• Praise 2

Supersonic
On 5/7/2020 at 5:16 PM, Tianmo said:

JJ is not old enough, during my time only have J Sec school. And I was one of those who followed the school from old jurong road bulim cemetery area to Taman Jurong. Come see who older.  😱😱😱

• Haha! 1

Hypersonic
1 hour ago, Columbian78 said:

Boon Lay 72 is referring to the boon lay food centre? I never knew it is known as or has 72 stalls.

All those 4 places were a huge part of my childhood. Was helping parents sell veg at 二号巴刹, jurong sec always go eat at 一号巴刹, lived opposite boon lay fc, also quite frequent the taman jur 60 stalls. Unfortunately I have no photos of any of those.

Yah, BL FC had 72 stalls, but few ppl talk about it because there was only one FC in BL, so when ppl say boon lay 巴刹, cannot go wrong. 

opp BL FC is referring to 207? [laugh][laugh][laugh]

9 hours ago, Tianmo said:

Yah, BL FC had 72 stalls, but few ppl talk about it because there was only one FC in BL, so when ppl say boon lay 巴刹, cannot go wrong. 

opp BL FC is referring to 207? [laugh][laugh][laugh]

I was in blk 210. 

Yeah, taman jurong got 60 and 16 stalls near each other so need to differentiate.

• Praise 1

Hypersonic
(edited)
1 hour ago, Columbian78 said:

I was in blk 210. 

Yeah, taman jurong got 60 and 16 stalls near each other so need to differentiate.

I remember last time BL is ppl always say like that, 

210 is opp 四海戏院.

212, 213 is opp 联络所.

221A  is shopping 楼上

185,186 is 巴刹后面

202,203 is 警察局对面

巴刹对面 is 207, 208..[laugh][laugh][laugh]

Yah, Tamah Jurong was more confusing, I ever went to the wrong market when I was very young...[:p]

Edited by Tianmo
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 2

Supersonic
3 hours ago, Tianmo said:

I remember last time BL is ppl always say like that, 

210 is opp 四海戏院.

212, 213 is opp 联络所.

221A  is shopping 楼上

185,186 is 巴刹后面

202,203 is 警察局对面

巴刹对面 is 207, 208..[laugh][laugh][laugh]

Yah, Tamah Jurong was more confusing, I ever went to the wrong market when I was very young...[:p]

四海戏院?! That was really donkey years ago siah.

↡ Advertisement