Pledge car as collateral

Yymail22

Hi. Which banks or licensed financial institutions offer loan for cars pledge as collateral?

I have a fully paid four-year old car. Looking for short term loan.

Thank you for your input.

↡ Advertisement

Turbocharged

Believed you asked in other thread.. 

Can live without car temporary? If so sell off take the money.

long long time ago my dad did that.. Orchard Credit.. now dunno liao lah.. people here CASH buy car de! whahahahahahhaa..

• Praise 1

Twincharged
21 minutes ago, Yymail22 said:

Hi. Which banks or licensed financial institutions offer loan for cars pledge as collateral?

Interest very high,not worth it....Just ''sell'' to your Wife or Brothers,ask them take loan from Banks lower Interest.

• Praise 2

3 hours ago, Yymail22 said:

I just got a SMS today from "OWEN" lor ....... Can loan up to 100K.  Pay simi 1833/mth for 60mths.  Not sure what is the catch lor ??

When it come to MONEY, when you don't to borrow they are always flashing SMS.  When you REALLY need to borrow, they are nowhere to be found lor.

• Praise 1

Supersonic
14 minutes ago, Apple-Tree said:

I just got a SMS today from "OWEN" lor ....... Can loan up to 100K.  Pay simi 1833/mth for 60mths.  Not sure what is the catch lor ??

When it come to MONEY, when you don't to borrow they are always flashing SMS.  When you REALLY need to borrow, they are nowhere to be found lor.

The catch? 

Don't be owin' Owen. 😁

• Haha! 1

Supersonic
(edited)
4 hours ago, Yymail22 said:

Maybe call up here and see how. I no collect commission😄😄

https://www.sgcashncars.com/blog/2018/08/21/the-best-choice-for-when-you-need-some-cash/?gclid=CjwKCAjw4871BRAjEiwAbxXi27ovB7JqY-mPKDSfGmCYLJ92kqXUfNdxC74KLvWtadlXkE_dR-heJBoCN30QAvD_BwE

You may want to explore insurance loan  from your own policies as well

Edited by Ct3833

Turbocharged
11 hours ago, Apple-Tree said:

i never trust these SMS loans

do not ever reply or provide your details... once trapped, they will hunt you like crazy

• Praise 2

Supercharged
42 minutes ago, Scion said:

i never trust these SMS loans

do not ever reply or provide your details... once trapped, they will hunt you like crazy

SMS loans... heard some horror stories from EDMW:

Basically the moment you respond, they ask you for your bank details and quickly transfer you money, regardless of whether you actually decided to take loan from them.

Then you OWE them, and the interest rates are the usually scary types, like 20% per month, upfront already charge. And there is no reason or logic to the calculation. You pay $1,000 in full, they will say you still owe them $1,000. And keep threatening the full range of loanshark tactics like spray paint, set fire to your house.

So it is no longer a loan shark money lending scheme. It is a phishing scam.

• Shocked 2

5 minutes ago, t0y0ta said:

Basically the moment you respond, they ask you for your bank details and quickly transfer you money, regardless of whether you actually decided to take loan from them.

Then you OWE them, and the interest rates are the usually scary types, like 20% per month, upfront already charge. And there is no reason or logic to the calculation. You pay $1,000 in full, they will say you still owe them $1,000. And keep threatening the full range of loanshark tactics like spray paint, set fire to your house.

my bro borrow b4 a few years back, lost his job not in a right mind.  borrow like 600, after 1 mth + interest, demand back around 5k payment.

those are loanshark but legalise 1. after legalise, they call themself finance company . in the end we help him settle.

Turbocharged
14 minutes ago, t0y0ta said:

that's why need to guard personal data fiercely

never anyhow give info to strangers, such as NRIC, bank account, SingPass, etc

On 5/7/2020 at 8:54 PM, Apple-Tree said:

Every other day, I do receive such unsolicited sms although I have registered for DNC. To report them at iwitness, it's such an hassle.

How to shake off?

No, never want to look for them.

• Praise 1

On 5/7/2020 at 5:20 PM, ER-3682 said:

Interest very high,not worth it....Just ''sell'' to your Wife or Brothers,ask them take loan from Banks lower Interest.

Good idea. Don't wish to saddle them with a loan.

• Praise 1

On 5/8/2020 at 9:03 AM, Beregond said:

my bro borrow b4 a few years back, lost his job not in a right mind.  borrow like 600, after 1 mth + interest, demand back around 5k payment.

those are loanshark but legalise 1. after legalise, they call themself finance company . in the end we help him settle.

So it was a legal finance company and you had to pay them 5k?!

32 minutes ago, Yymail22 said:

Every other day, I do receive such unsolicited sms although I have registered for DNC. To report them at iwitness, it's such an hassle.

How to shake off?

No, never want to look for them.

Just block. Reporting them is a waste of your time and the police's time. They can't catch these guys anyway.

15 minutes ago, ToyotaShuttle said:

Yes. i remember many years ago loan shark  turn legal under some law( maybe i remember wrongly ) but many of those illegal 1 convert, more or less their rate remain, the same,  pattern same, 

in fact we dun know about the problem till the lender look for my dad for payment,  ( my bro give my dad name as backup ).

we went over to nego the obsence payment, they cut alot , but still pay a few k for 600 buks loan( only a few mths period, )

what to do, they got black and white, we scare trouble also, 

6 hours ago, ToyotaShuttle said:

On 5/8/2020 at 9:03 AM, Beregond said:

After garment legalized these Loansharks lor when they amended the MoneyLender Act in 2010 ?? 

They are neither Bank or Finance Company, they are moneylender, no governance like bank on interest rate lor. 

Best is OWNSELF plan ownself finance lor.

↡ Advertisement