Office Season parking during Circuit Breaker

Alg

5th Gear

Anyone able to waive your office season parking during the CB?

My office building management only willing to waive April and May got to pay.

Monthly Season parking: $150

Heart pain!!!!

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Cancel and reapply. Unless there's a waiting list - then suck thumb.

I know some folks who withdrew their kids from kindergarten. Can save almost 2k per month per kid!

• Shocked 1

5th Gear

But the building management damn smelly, must give 2 mths notice.

Mine can suspend. The one I paid for Apr will be used to pay when I resume after CB. So at least I still have the lot.

5th Gear
25 minutes ago, oktaviatan said:

Didn't the owner give you dispensation? if not a bit sadistic.

Initially, they don’t even want to waive April fee, after i made a lot of noise then they waived. But now they said NO for May season parking.

Not as i’m on annual leave or what but is from the government. So i think this building management damn smelly.

Under the law, the building owner needs to pass on the property tax rebates to tenants. Most commercial building owners are extending the savings to all tenants, including season car park tenants. Some 1 month, some 3 months. Govt owned facilities for commercial vehicles can be up to 6 months waiver. 

I sent an email a few weeks ago and they came back with a favorable response. 

https://sg.finance.yahoo.com/news/covid-19-solidarity-budget-bill-to-ensure-landlords-pass-on-property-tax-rebates-to-tenants-071905741.html

• Praise 1

5th Gear
8 hours ago, Voodooman said:

Under the law, the building owner needs to pass on the property tax rebates to tenants. Most commercial building owners are extending the savings to all tenants, including season car park tenants. Some 1 month, some 3 months. Govt owned facilities for commercial vehicles can be up to 6 months waiver. 

I sent an email a few weeks ago and they came back with a favorable response. 

https://sg.finance.yahoo.com/news/covid-19-solidarity-budget-bill-to-ensure-landlords-pass-on-property-tax-rebates-to-tenants-071905741.html

Could you kindly share the email from MOF, of course masking your info. I would like to show to my building management. It doesn’t make sense i have to pay $150 season parking when the gov imposed this WFH.

Thanks.

25 minutes ago, Alg said:

Could you kindly share the email from MOF, of course masking your info. I would like to show to my building management. It doesn’t make sense i have to pay $150 season parking when the gov imposed this WFH.

Thanks.

Show them also no use.

How property owner pass on the rebate is up to property owner.  Even you show property owner the MOF letter also no use.

Unless you write a complain letter to MOF that property owner did not pass on the rebate.

Turbocharged

My building management here has waive our season parking since End March. Free parking as long as CB... Public also can park here for free. But not many know.

2 minutes ago, UncleAtas said:

My building management here has waive our season parking since End March. Free parking as long as CB... Public also can park here for free. But not many know.

Where?

7 minutes ago, Alg said:

Thanks.

I wrote to the building owner, quoted the news article and asked if there is a rebate. They offered to waive for April and to start charging again when CB is over.  

For privately owned commercial property, the rebate is around 1-2 month, I read. So the owner may have, per my understanding, passed on what is legally required in your case (10% of annual value). 

Everyone should take some pains but sadly, most commercial landlords are not doing enough, they needed G to pass a law to force them to pass on the rebates.

https://www.iras.gov.sg/irashome/COVID-19-Support-Measures-and-Tax-Guidance/Tax-Guidance/For-Property-Owners/

1 hour ago, Alg said:

Thanks.

Where your office that season parking only $150?

Supersonic
On 5/8/2020 at 6:24 PM, Alg said:

Anyone able to waive your office season parking during the CB?

My office building management only willing to waive April and May got to pay.

Monthly Season parking: $150

Heart pain!!!!

Your season parking is $150, consider quite low liao, still not so heart pain. Many season parking in cbd area is at least $200+ onwards. And some of these buildings parking is outsource to some carpark companies, dont know if they would willing to waive?

5th Gear
On 5/9/2020 at 10:36 AM, badlammy said:

Where your office that season parking only $150?

international business park jurong east.

$150 also heart pain.

↡ Advertisement