Office Season parking during Circuit Breaker

Alg

10 hours ago, Alg said:

international business park jurong east.

$150 also heart pain.

My company waived 2 months. I, too, pay S$150 per month. But I'm in town.

↡ Advertisement

10 hours ago, Alg said:

international business park jurong east.

$150 also heart pain.

I am also at international business park. They allowed to waive off but charges me hourly rate when I went back. Smelly!

Supersonic
9 minutes ago, Anjoy said:

I am also at international business park. They allowed to waive off but charges me hourly rate when I went back. Smelly!

You wrote to them to request a waive off or they automatic waive for you?

Turbocharged

If you don't intend to drive during circuit breaker, you can even cancel your HDB season parking but still park within the car park as there is no enforcement during circuit breaker.  Save $220 for 2 months parking.

• Praise 2

14 minutes ago, 13177 said:

You wrote to them to request a waive off or they automatic waive for you?

wrote in to waive off. i am in fnb so maybe allow but rental didnt really reduce

2 hours ago, Vinceng said:

If you don't intend to drive during circuit breaker, you can even cancel your HDB season parking but still park within the car park as there is no enforcement during circuit breaker.  Save $220 for 2 months parking.

Most are gantry. No pay. Cant go in.

Supersonic
9 hours ago, Anjoy said:

wrote in to waive off. i am in fnb so maybe allow but rental didnt really reduce

So good they waive it off for you?! Some carpark management might not waive it off even you wrote in to request.

I am curious how many who have season parking in CBD office building managed to get a waive off during the CB? Since the season parking in these building is on a high side.

Supersonic
7 hours ago, Davidklt said:

Most are gantry. No pay. Cant go in.

If you cancel your hdb season parking, they would charge you by hourly parking. Lol.

My office side I paid season parking quarterly.. $400 before GST per month and then CB start and couldn’t go back office.

i ask myself should i ask them for waiver? Finally I decided not to as to be fair to the building management.. as I am technically still get paid for my job also during April and May also so if they have pay cur like not very fair

Supersonic
14 minutes ago, Chucky2007 said:

My office side I paid season parking quarterly.. $400 before GST per month and then CB start and couldn’t go back office.

i ask myself should i ask them for waiver? Finally I decided not to as to be fair to the building management.. as I am technically still get paid for my job also during April and May also so if they have pay cur like not very fair

How you know they have pay cut? 😂 I think can try to ask for a waiver or maybe some rebate la, since this is also not fair for you since you cannot go back to office due to sudden start of CB. Unless it is due to your own personal reasons that cannot go back office, then it is not fair to ask for waiver.

Even you might ask for a waiver but doesnt mean they will waive for you also. Many building management would not be so good or flexible on this matter. They have taken your season parking money, where got so easy to give it back to you de?! 🙄

13 hours ago, Achtung said:

My company waived 2 months. I, too, pay S$150 per month. But I'm in town.

My office season parking vendor doesn't even respond to email and for the next 3 months, a 25% pay cut compulsory across the company's employee.

(edited)
13 hours ago, Anjoy said:

What so smelly? They waived off because of the claim that WFH so don't need to drive to work and park there.

But you still parked there so of course should charge you.

Isn't it more smelly to request a waiver and then still use the parking?

Edited by ToyotaShuttle
  • Praise 1

On 5/9/2020 at 10:34 AM, Voodooman said:

I wrote to the building owner, quoted the news article and asked if there is a rebate. They offered to waive for April and to start charging again when CB is over.  

For privately owned commercial property, the rebate is around 1-2 month, I read. So the owner may have, per my understanding, passed on what is legally required in your case (10% of annual value). 

Everyone should take some pains but sadly, most commercial landlords are not doing enough, they needed G to pass a law to force them to pass on the rebates.

https://www.iras.gov.sg/irashome/COVID-19-Support-Measures-and-Tax-Guidance/Tax-Guidance/For-Property-Owners/

I don't think the property tax is that much such that they can afford to waive off parking charges and also partial rentals. Landlord will need to decide where to allocate that "rebate".

Can waive parking but that benefits employees and not the tenant. Their relationship is with the tenant.

3 hours ago, 13177 said:

So good they waive it off for you?! Some carpark management might not waive it off even you wrote in to request.

I am curious how many who have season parking in CBD office building managed to get a waive off during the CB? Since the season parking in these building is on a high side.

Mine's at Marina One. Like I said earlier, whatever paid in advance was suspended till I resume. Similar, but just not waived or refunded.

It's $480/mth excl gst, so if they don't do so I then heart pain lor.

Supersonic
1 hour ago, Kiatmobile said:

My office season parking vendor doesn't even respond to email and for the next 3 months, a 25% pay cut compulsory across the company's employee.

Your company will have pay cut for the next 3 months?

Supersonic
51 minutes ago, badlammy said:

Mine's at Marina One. Like I said earlier, whatever paid in advance was suspended till I resume. Similar, but just not waived or refunded.

It's $480/mth excl gst, so if they don't do so I then heart pain lor.

Marina one so good to suspense automatically?! 

52 minutes ago, ToyotaShuttle said:

I don't think the property tax is that much such that they can afford to waive off parking charges and also partial rentals. Landlord will need to decide where to allocate that "rebate".

Can waive parking but that benefits employees and not the tenant. Their relationship is with the tenant.

The rebate is 10% of annual value, which I understand is a function of annual rental income (before cost). 1/10 itself is slightly more than 1 month, if you add cost, technically a 2 months waiver is possible without the landlord losing too much money.

Parking charges is part of annual value, I think but i don't know enough to be 100% certain. 

9 minutes ago, 13177 said:

Marina one so good to suspense automatically?! 

Not auto. Wrote email in.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1