Peter Lim paying 1 million dollars worth of meals for healthcare workers

StreetFight3r

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/billionaire-peter-lim-pays-for-1m-worth-of-meals-for-frontline-healthcare-workers?utm_medium=Social&utm_campaign=STFB&utm_source=Facebook#Echobox=1588934773

Billionaire Peter Lim is picking up the tab for $1 million worth of meals hospital staff can enjoy in a show of appreciation and support for their work.

At least 20,000 workers will receive food vouchers which can be used at more than 160 participating food outlets, including Kopitiam, Foodfare and Fei Siong.

Priority will be given to, among others, housekeeping staff, patient care assistants and ambulance drivers, people Mr Lim described as unsung heroes.

In a statement his private office released on Friday (May 8), he said their work is often less visible, but no less important to the front-line response.

"He hopes that these meals will boost the morale of these front-line healthcare workers and bring them some comfort in this difficult period," the statement read.

They can redeem meals at their own convenience.

Beneficiaries are staff at Alexandra Hospital, Changi General Hospital, Khoo Teck Puat Hospital, KK Women's and Children's Hospital, National University Hospital, Ng Teng Fong General Hospital, Sengkang General Hospital, Singapore General Hospital, Tan Tock Seng Hospital and the National Centre for Infectious Diseases.

The owner of Spanish football club Valencia is one of a number of moneyed people here who have extended a helping hand to others during the coronavirus crisis.

His daughter, socialite Kim Lim, has been delivering food to front-line healthcare workers in hospitals and foreign worker dormitories.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 6
  • Haha! 1

Internal Moderator
1 hour ago, StreetFight3r said:

some Kim Lim photos because y not?? 

ab_kimlim_240220_0.jpg

ST_20200225_TRENDHAKIM_5474715.jpg

ab_kimlim2_240220.jpg

I wanna know what stocks he have been buying!!! Hahaha. 

Turbocharged
2 hours ago, StreetFight3r said:

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/billionaire-peter-lim-pays-for-1m-worth-of-meals-for-frontline-healthcare-workers

Billionaire Peter Lim is picking up the tab for $1 million worth of meals hospital staff can enjoy in a show of appreciation and support for their work.

His daughter, socialite Kim Lim, has been delivering food to front-line healthcare workers in hospitals and foreign worker dormitories.

Well, giving SGD$1M for advertising daughter is still something worth giving the thumbs up.

giphy.gif

Hypersonic

Please touch your mask, pull it down for the photo and touch it again with your hands to put it back.

• Haha! 2

As a matter of fact, whenever I do charity work, helping senior citizens or picking plastic bags at change village/ east coast, only don a peak cap and gloves, shield the sun glare away . . . no need to tell others who you are, juz a " Hi Hi .... Bye Bye, Thank U , Cya again " the best gift i can do for myself.

I might sound cynical.

Helping those already with assistance rendered might as well don't do.

Help those marginalised is more crucial.

Oh well, which one will hit the front page is more important.

Turbocharged
4 hours ago, Hamburger said:

I might sound cynical.

Helping those already with assistance rendered might as well don't do.

Help those marginalised is more crucial.

Oh well, which one will hit the front page is more important.

Yes. Some FW or WP holders out there are now on no-pay, no idea when their boss can reopen the shop where they were working, stuck here don't know whether to return home or not, if there is flight at all, and with rentals ongoing. From initially 1 month now become 2 months. These are marginalised ones, not staying in dorm or working in construction or essential sector.

Hypersonic
3 hours ago, Sosaria said:

Yes. Some FW or WP holders out there are now on no-pay, no idea when their boss can reopen the shop where they were working, stuck here don't know whether to return home or not, if there is flight at all, and with rentals ongoing. From initially 1 month now become 2 months. These are marginalised ones, not staying in dorm or working in construction or essential sector.

I think in this current climate. Many sectors/people need help. If some people are doing it for some publicity as well, I don't think it's a bad thing. 

And if a big name like him comes out and does something, maybe some more visible one-upmanship will happen among the seriously wealthy. Just the cost of coming out to do more.

Of course, prolonged charity efforts not really everyone has the passion to do so.

Giving the vouchers to the lower rungs is the right thing to do. 

• Praise 5

Turbocharged
19 minutes ago, Lala81 said:

I think in this current climate. Many sectors/people need help. If some people are doing it for some publicity as well, I don't think it's a bad thing. 

And if a big name like him comes out and does something, maybe some more visible one-upmanship will happen among the seriously wealthy. Just the cost of coming out to do more.

Of course, prolonged charity efforts not really everyone has the passion to do so.

Giving the vouchers to the lower rungs is the right thing to do. 

Yup, no issue with the publicity. Only supporting the original quoted post, that mentioned this sector being helped already has help and attention.

Individually we can also help out by giving more business in the next few weeks to those business owners that we support. Or give tips to the workers, etc. who have gone through a terrible period of uncertainty with govt pronouncements coming out left-right-centre not sure what's going to happen next.

• Praise 1

Hypersonic
(edited)
18 minutes ago, Sosaria said:

Yup, no issue with the publicity. Only supporting the original quoted post, that mentioned this sector being helped already has help and attention.

Individually we can also help out by giving more business in the next few weeks to those business owners that we support. Or give tips to the workers, etc. who have gone through a terrible period of uncertainty with govt pronouncements coming out left-right-centre not sure what's going to happen next.

Sometimes u donate. Also people will point finger here and there. Why u help this sector, why not the others.

Donate to front line worker is really the "safest" for now, in terms of PR.

Edited by Lala81
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2