Car reviews by SGCM

Discoburg

Internal Moderator
35 minutes ago, Terence2112 said:

I like the review by you guys, as opposed to foreign reviews.

All 4 of you are of a fresh breath of air. Keep it up! Looking forward to see more reviews 😃

Thanks! I will let the four of them know your kind words! 🙂 Please help to like, share and subscribe to our youtube channel. Your support is very important to us! 🙂

↡ Advertisement

I like your reviews, guys. Everyone brings forth a different personality to the show and that's what makes it interesting and unique.

- the short one focuses more on in-vehicle comfort (and ventilated seats) and that is fine.

- tall one is concerned with practicality and that's a real life concern.

- the bimbo (and taller one) ingests some humour into the review (we know you're just acting dumb).

- the intelligent one gives a different insight to the other views which is refreshing.

No, I don't want to see 2 intelligent guys nor 2 practical guys as that would be overlapping of roles. 

I second an earlier suggestion to occasionally invite a lady reviewer (not bcoz we are hormone-raging males as I think at least 1/2 of us are uncles with hormone-raging kids ourselves) as a lady will focus on different aspects of a car. For e.g. some ladies will find the ease of entering a car very impt which is  unlikely to be high on a guy's list of priorities. It'll also add some spice to the show.

Lastly, I do know your names but just trying to be funnie (hope you guys don't mind). Haha.

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 1

Internal Moderator
22 minutes ago, firefly20 said:

I like your reviews, guys. Everyone brings forth a different personality to the show and that's what makes it interesting and unique.

- the short one focuses more on in-vehicle comfort (and ventilated seats) and that is fine.

- the bimbo (and taller one) ingests some humour into the review (we know you're just acting dumb).

- the intelligent one gives a different insight to the other views which is refreshing.

No, I don't want to see 2 intelligent guys nor 2 practical guys as that would be overlapping of roles. 

I second an earlier suggestion to occasionally invite a lady reviewer (not bcoz we are hormone-raging males as I think at least 1/2 of us are uncles with hormone-raging kids ourselves) as a lady will focus on different aspects of a car. For e.g. some ladies will find the ease of entering a car very impt which is  unlikely to be high on a guy's list of priorities. It'll also add some spice to the show.

Lastly, I do know your names but just trying to be funnie (hope you guys don't mind). Haha.

Thanks for the in-depth review of our youtube! Do help us to share, like and recommend to your friends!

• Praise 1

YT is a mature platform that has been around for many years with many YouTubers earning their keep from the videos, quality of their content keep going up. This of course will drive up the expectation of viewers. For me, I can break down to the following:

Presentation - 

Things like background, lighting and depth of view can help create a cinematic feel. Also, be entertaining. Being funny and having your unique view of things helps. People are more likely to subscribe if they like the overall presentation of the video.

Target audiences -

For car reviews, I can think of 2 groups. One is potential buyers looking for reviews of the cars they shortlisted. Another are car enthusiasts who have nothing better to do but to watch car reviews during their free time. This brings to the next point:

Content -

Probably the most important point to prevent the viewer from minimizing your video and searching for the next one. For a potential buyer, they might want to know how is the car to live with daily. What are the available trims available in sg. For enthusiasts, performance is what they looking for (and they probably know alot more than the presenter so be careful). You can drive it hard off camera and talk about it on camera which is what alot of YouTubers are doing now. I know carwow did a few acceleration test for high performance cars and drag races but I don't think it's necessary for car reviews. Plan how you want the information to flow to the viewers and not just 2 person chit chatting while driving.

Also, like some mentioned, you can do special reviews on viewers ride. I'm sure many mcf members are proud to present their 'zhnged' ride.🤪

• Praise 3

1 hour ago, Stratovarius said:

YT is a mature platform that has been around for many years with many YouTubers earning their keep from the videos, quality of their content keep going up. This of course will drive up the expectation of viewers. For me, I can break down to the following:

Presentation - 

Things like background, lighting and depth of view can help create a cinematic feel. Also, be entertaining. Being funny and having your unique view of things helps. People are more likely to subscribe if they like the overall presentation of the video.

Target audiences -

For car reviews, I can think of 2 groups. One is potential buyers looking for reviews of the cars they shortlisted. Another are car enthusiasts who have nothing better to do but to watch car reviews during their free time. This brings to the next point:

Content -

Probably the most important point to prevent the viewer from minimizing your video and searching for the next one. For a potential buyer, they might want to know how is the car to live with daily. What are the available trims available in sg. For enthusiasts, performance is what they looking for (and they probably know alot more than the presenter so be careful). You can drive it hard off camera and talk about it on camera which is what alot of YouTubers are doing now. I know carwow did a few acceleration test for high performance cars and drag races but I don't think it's necessary for car reviews. Plan how you want the information to flow to the viewers and not just 2 person chit chatting while driving.

Also, like some mentioned, you can do special reviews on viewers ride. I'm sure many mcf members are proud to present their 'zhnged' ride.🤪

do reviews on MCF members cars?

who dare showcase? later ownself pawn ownself

also the zhng / tune cars dare to show off? their illegal mods?

later LTA / TP invite them down for coffee

• Haha! 2

another local youtube reviewer ,  review actual owner car -  

but i still like to the 4 guys personal own ride - 

• Praise 1

Internal Moderator

Not say cannot lah. But we have to think of the "series" can be sustainable and also the ROI for sgCarMart.

I also like to have owner car review. But when it comes to mgnt decision, we also have to take into consideration if the content can monetize? what value can the content bring back to sgCarMart? And how much logistics are we going to invest in this?

As we have a small video team now. So we have to plan our content wisely! 🙂

• Praise 2

6 hours ago, firefly20 said:

already with 1 himbo don't need for another bimbo (no offense).. . if there is going to be a female host then the host has to be more knowledgeable if not I think it serves no point and will be more awkward to watch... who is the intelligent one? idris? Personally like the Julian and idris combo. They have the better chemistry and idirs is quite the natural... 

• Praise 2

2 hours ago, TeamAMG69 said:

do reviews on MCF members cars?

who dare showcase? later ownself pawn ownself

also the zhng / tune cars dare to show off? their illegal mods?

later LTA / TP invite them down for coffee

You are stating the extremes. Firstly, it must be voluntary. Secondly not all mod cars in sg are illegal. Alot are within the restrictions and nicely done up. Think last time some sg mag also features readers' ride. Just control the information released to the viewers. Review on the some of the rare and classic cars in sg is also interesting.

• Praise 2

Internal Moderator
1 hour ago, Stratovarius said:

You are stating the extremes. Firstly, it must be voluntary. Secondly not all mod cars in sg are illegal. Alot are within the restrictions and nicely done up. Think last time some sg mag also features readers' ride. Just control the information released to the viewers. Review on the some of the rare and classic cars in sg is also interesting.

If we are going to review mod cars, our office do have a lot of ppl modding. Hahah. I myself included. 🤣

• Haha! 2

Supersonic
32 minutes ago, kobayashiGT said:

If we are going to review mod cars, our office do have a lot of ppl modding. Hahah. I myself included. 🤣

If want to find mod cars, i confirm not qualify, cause no matter i buy resale or brand new car, i always remain as stock, every thing the same as it was collected the very first day. But changing of rims or upgrade the tyre size, consider mod or not ah? 😂

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 2

4 hours ago, Stratovarius said:

i support mod, with legit paperwork inside a plastic folder.

so least can educate the general public, there is official / 3 party mod that can pass LTA /TP

• Praise 2

Turbocharged

Keep up the good work guys!! These videos are much better than local social media influencers' crappy "10 things blah blah" stuff. 

• Praise 3

Twincharged
10 hours ago, TeamAMG69 said:

i support mod, with legit paperwork inside a plastic folder.

so least can educate the general public, there is official / 3 party mod that can pass LTA /TP

Legit mod is quite tame. The leychay mickey mouse routine for inspection makes it too time consuming for some as need to drop subframe.

And while the drone and exos note may not necessary attract lta, the smell from the exos cannot escape detection when tp zoom up beside you.

But for some who goes to track, yeah, pay to play...

• Praise 2

On 5/25/2020 at 6:07 PM, alfakidz85 said:

already with 1 himbo don't need for another bimbo (no offense).. . if there is going to be a female host then the host has to be more knowledgeable if not I think it serves no point and will be more awkward to watch... who is the intelligent one? idris? Personally like the Julian and idris combo. They have the better chemistry and idirs is quite the natural... 

Idris seems to have the most car sense. I like to see/hear his car reviews but not the ones where the 3 reviewers are talking about their top 3 list. Makes me nap in front of the TV.

• Praise 2

Internal Moderator
1 hour ago, Discoburg said:

Idris seems to have the most car sense. I like to see/hear his car reviews but not the ones where the 3 reviewers are talking about their top 3 list. Makes me nap in front of the TV.

hahah. The backseat driver show is bobian lah. bear with us. Now the crew cannot do shoot outdoor. So have to find ways to updates our youtube content. 🙂

• Haha! 1

11 minutes ago, kobayashiGT said:

hahah. The backseat driver show is bobian lah. bear with us. Now the crew cannot do shoot outdoor. So have to find ways to updates our youtube content. 🙂

Haha I’m not complaining bro, just commenting that’s all. I always like the outdoor review videos.

Can’t wait time see your ride being featured. Also Julian’s Civic. Idris drives what car ah? Jon leh?

• Praise 1

Internal Moderator
Just now, Discoburg said:

Haha I’m not complaining bro, just commenting that’s all. I always like the outdoor review videos.

Can’t wait time see your ride being featured. Also Julian’s Civic. Idris drives what car ah? Jon leh?

Jules drive a FD2R.

Idris has 2 family car. 1 passat & 1 forester.

Jon is driving forester too.

James is driving Honda Fit

I am driving Honda accord (this one bonus share with you only. 😝) hahahah.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1