Car reviews by SGCM

Discoburg

26 minutes ago, Beehive3783 said:

I stopped watching after their first video. What took you so long? Hahahaha

Some people called it a breath of fresh air back then. Nah. I call it stale air.

Wanted to give them a chance. Never improve and got worse I feel. Waste of time and bandwidth.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

2 hours ago, Discoburg said:

Wanted to give them a chance. Never improve and got worse I feel. Waste of time and bandwidth.

I seriously and totally agree with you. Whenever I am lured to watch, instead of being informed or entertained, I feel irritated and angry that time was wasted.

Sitting in a coffeeshop and bantering with other uncles about nothing in particular is more meaningful than these videos.

Really really need to improve. 

• Praise 1

Supersonic
On 6/21/2020 at 9:26 AM, Discoburg said:

Think the 'reviews' are targeted at those who oredi decided to buy a particular model and wanna seek affirmation that they made the right choice

So in the local spirit, every car is a good car!....lol

• Haha! 1

38 minutes ago, Soya said:

Think the 'reviews' are targeted at those who oredi decided to buy a particular model and wanna seek affirmation that they made the right choice

So in the local spirit, every car is a good car!....lol

They should stick with their day job, whatever it is that they are doing. Definitely not doubt videos on car reviews and car talk.

Supersonic
1 hour ago, Discoburg said:

They should stick with their day job, whatever it is that they are doing. Definitely not doubt videos on car reviews and car talk.

Gotta remember sgcarmart is about sell...sell....sell.

Just think of the videos as a SE explaining a particular car to u during a test drive. Where will say anything critical or nothing u don't oredi know? lol

• Praise 1

36 minutes ago, Soya said:

Gotta remember sgcarmart is about sell...sell....sell.

Just think of the videos as a SE explaining a particular car to u during a test drive. Where will say anything critical or nothing u don't oredi know? lol

True true. Also have to say certain make and model is better due to the sponsors or advertisers.

Supercharged

Last time got a local reviewer. A botak man. Forgot his name. Reviewed a couple of cars. Kinda okay. Not exciting but more professional.

To do a good review i suggest to be professional yet funny and enaging. And also be a bit controvsial as well. Must dare to talk n critise. Video not too long  6 to 10mins with good coverage and angles. 

Also dun talk about list price nia. Say list 90k. But must say u can bargin to 85k blah blah one. Choose the best deal. Tok dealers back. Play hard thingy.

Carwow. Carbuyer. These r the review channels thar combine these well.

• Praise 3

Supersonic
(edited)
37 minutes ago, Spurman said:

Last time got a local reviewer. A botak man. Forgot his name. Reviewed a couple of cars. Kinda okay. Not exciting but more professional.

To do a good review i suggest to be professional yet funny and enaging. And also be a bit controvsial as well. Must dare to talk n critise. Video not too long  6 to 10mins with good coverage and angles. 

Also dun talk about list price nia. Say list 90k. But must say u can bargin to 85k blah blah one. Choose the best deal. Tok dealers back. Play hard thingy.

Carwow. Carbuyer. These r the review channels thar combine these well.

Carwow, carbuyer, auto expert, etc act as an aggregator as they hv many dealers in the country who can compete on price. Though the reviews are basically (informed) sales talk, they don't need to kowtow to a particular dealer to say every car is good as dealers need them to provide the customer feed

Sadly in Sg, we can kpkb say this AD lousy service lah, SE sibei beng and attitude problem lah, after sales service dem kok lah but if it's the car we want, u juz gotta suck it up n buy at whatever price they wanna charge without competition since there's only 1 AD

Edited by Soya
  • Praise 3

Internal Moderator
11 hours ago, Soya said:

Carwow, carbuyer, auto expert, etc act as an aggregator as they hv many dealers in the country who can compete on price. Though the reviews are basically (informed) sales talk, they don't need to kowtow to a particular dealer to say every car is good as dealers need them to provide the customer feed

Sadly in Sg, we can kpkb say this AD lousy service lah, SE sibei beng and attitude problem lah, after sales service dem kok lah but if it's the car we want, u juz gotta suck it up n buy at whatever price they wanna charge without competition since there's only 1 AD

Sound like tnb malaysia. hahha. :XD:

Supercharged

Must encourage encourage.

Some malaysian reviewers also a bit jia lat. Videos too damn long. This bobby ang one. He talk well but the vids too long to get u entertained.

Paultan does a few good reviews too. 

• Praise 1

Supercharged

Perhaps to create a long term and viable local car reviews. 

1. Set the theme like carwow. Machiam like 5 good things bout the car and 5 bad things.

2. Ratings for car. Value for monies

3. Not just intro the list price. Teach consumers how to "unlock" better prices. Hehe

4. Real test drive on some special routes. Cornerings. Highway drive. City drive. Can showcase more on singapore. Put sg on the map again.

5. Garner more feedbacks on singapore buyers. I believe many potential buyers out there want an objective review.

6. Later on create side vids like how to maintain a car in singapore. Etc etc.

Lastly dun give up.. try n try to make better vids..

• Praise 6

3 minutes ago, Spurman said:

1. Set the theme like carwow. Machiam like 5 good things bout the car and 5 bad things.

3. Not just intro the list price. Teach consumers how to "unlock" better prices. Hehe

4. Real test drive on some special routes. Cornerings. Highway drive. City drive. Can showcase more on singapore. Put sg on the map again.

5. Garner more feedbacks on singapore buyers. I believe many potential buyers out there want an objective review.

"real test drives" - have you notice, 90% of the video always film on quiet straight roads?

also some AD cars may not allow them to go to the "infamous test roads", just in case the reviewers are "hand gun" 

• Praise 1

Supercharged
Just now, TeamAMG69 said:

"real test drives" - have you notice, 90% of the video always film on quiet straight roads?

also some AD cars may not allow them to go to the "infamous test roads", just in case the reviewers are "hand gun" 

I am sure sgcarmart is singapores biggest car platform. I am sure slowly this can dominate AD.

Maybe now its like begging to review their cars but with a good team n serious yet entertaining reviews in next few mths. AD will then be the one begging sgcarmart to review their cars soon.

Its still a commercial thingy. And u dun see those carwows bashing cars unecessarily also. 

We can suggests a lorry load of ideas but what good will it do when the shooting was done with the hosts not prepared with their scripts.

• Haha! 2

20 minutes ago, Hamburger said:

We can suggests a lorry load of ideas but what good will it do when the shooting was done with the hosts not prepared with their scripts.

Well said👍🏻

Supersonic
55 minutes ago, Spurman said:

Must encourage encourage.

Some malaysian reviewers also a bit jia lat. Videos too damn long. This bobby ang one. He talk well but the vids too long to get u entertained.

Paultan does a few good reviews too. 

Bobby Ang is knowledgeable n is a true car enthusiast. Tho he may get a bit cheong hei sometimes, can still forgive coz he's coming from the car siao angle

The closest we hv in SG is probably Carbuyer.sg w Darryn Wong & Leow JL. Altho we know how the commercial scene operates in Sg, they come across well prepared and professional w some smart humour thrown in (for LJL).

• Praise 2

(edited)
1 hour ago, Spurman said:

To add on, reviews must always be in the context of an equivalent competing model.

For example, don't say that the C160 is quiet and smooth when its not pushed, because every other car is quiet and smooth when not pushed. 

Don't say things like "the Nissan Serena don't handle like a sports car, because nobody buys one of these expecting it to be a sports car". These kind of statements are meaningless. 

And last lastly, don't ramble on and on about something, which eventually lead to nothing at all. That is most infuriating. And cut out the sleep-inducing pauses in the texts. Be consise and sharp. 

Edited by Toeknee_33
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 6