Car reviews by SGCM

Discoburg

Internal Moderator
1 hour ago, Soya said:

Bobby Ang is knowledgeable n is a true car enthusiast. Tho he may get a bit cheong hei sometimes, can still forgive coz he's coming from the car siao angle

The closest we hv in SG is probably Carbuyer.sg w Darryn Wong & Leow JL. Altho we know how the commercial scene operates in Sg, they come across well prepared and professional w some smart humour thrown in (for LJL).

What is cheong hei arh? haha.

↡ Advertisement

Supersonic
16 minutes ago, kobayashiGT said:

What is cheong hei arh? haha.

Cantonese for long-winded la dei

• Haha! 3

Internal Moderator
4 minutes ago, Soya said:

Cantonese for long-winded la dei

Oh. hahaha. I not cantonese mah. Yah. he is long-winded. And his camera setup needs improvement. hahaha.

• Haha! 1

Supersonic
2 hours ago, Toeknee_33 said:

To add on, reviews must always be in the context of an equivalent competing model.

For example, don't say that the C160 is quiet and smooth when its not pushed, because every other car is quiet and smooth when not pushed. 

Don't say things like "the Nissan Serena don't handle like a sports car, because nobody buys one of these expecting it to be a sports car". These kind of statements are meaningless. 

And last lastly, don't ramble on and on about something, which eventually lead to nothing at all. That is most infuriating. And cut out the sleep-inducing pauses in the texts. Be consise and sharp. 

I reckon this is the best car review so far. Chop-chop, cut the crap, gets to the point.....lol

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 2

5 hours ago, Hamburger said:

We can suggests a lorry load of ideas but what good will it do when the shooting was done with the hosts not prepared with their scripts.

not just scripts, we talk about video quality and editing prior ...

really sub-standard compare to some youtube blogger (1 man team)

• Praise 1

Supercharged
5 hours ago, Soya said:

Bobby Ang is knowledgeable n is a true car enthusiast. Tho he may get a bit cheong hei sometimes, can still forgive coz he's coming from the car siao angle

The closest we hv in SG is probably Carbuyer.sg w Darryn Wong & Leow JL. Altho we know how the commercial scene operates in Sg, they come across well prepared and professional w some smart humour thrown in (for LJL).

I like Bobby. Hes a pro, super car siao. Just a bit tad long winded. And too solo. And he produces mostly all by himself. And most of his reviews r kinda similar in "style". Hehe.

But then if SGcarmart got a guy as knowledgeable n fluent in speaking like him, it will make viewers enjoy more.

• Praise 2

13 minutes ago, Spurman said:

I like Bobby. Hes a pro, super car siao. Just a bit tad long winded. And too solo. And he produces mostly all by himself. And most of his reviews r kinda similar in "style". Hehe.

But then if SGcarmart got a guy as knowledgeable n fluent in speaking like him, it will make viewers enjoy more.

For Bobby, I believe that is his "tan chiak" ? ie. bread and butter ? 

• Haha! 1

Supersonic
1 hour ago, Davidklt said:

That's why he's a true enthusiast n car siao guy. Can make a very decent living (enough to own an Aston and RS6) juz talking cars all day. Envy him

Internal Moderator
1 hour ago, Davidklt said:

I know what is tan chiak.

- his living aka job. hahhaa.

If is going to be entertaining, one should put TheStraightPipes as benchmark. If not ThrottleHouse is pretty good as well. A more technical route would be Savagegeese

• Praise 2

7 hours ago, kobayashiGT said:

Oh. hahaha. I not cantonese mah. Yah. he is long-winded. And his camera setup needs improvement. hahaha.

But still much better than the videos from sg car mart team. 

• Haha! 1

Twincharged
6 hours ago, Hamburger said:

It's not an appraisal. 

It's all praise and no substance. 

S'pore Editors/Writer need to learn from Overseas,for example Hong Kong's Top Gear & Taiwan's BuyCarTv.

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

Watched a few, can't say I feel like I learn much, and there's very little comparison to anything else that really helps establish what the baseline is. Like the review for new 3-series should have clear comparison to C-class, for example.

Then the information also seems light, maybe even inaccurate, or plain no research. I don't remember the exact detail, but I got this feeling when watching the V60 Recharge review.

Humor falls flat for me, but I don't expect good and fun writing out of our local press since not British.

• Praise 1

20 hours ago, Discoburg said:

The SGCM channel should be taken off YouTube. Simply waste of time.

Keep the channel, remove the existing clips, learn how to do clips properly, then come back with stronger videos. 😀

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 1