Singapore Reckless Drivers Part VIII

RadX

Supercharged

I saw this yesterday and it made me wonder...

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/courts-crime/ex-principal-of-childcare-centre-jailed-for-1-year-10-months-after

Is her misappropriation of $200,000 worthy of a one year 10 month jail sentence when drivers who are involved in fatal accidents may get 3 weeks jail time.

The sentences just seem disproportionate to me.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

21 minutes ago, Yewheng said:

Accumulate till so much summon still allowed to drive? Aren't this driver should be get charged to court for multiple payment that is not made? I think it is high time to admand the law such that if a driver failed to pay up fine on time and accumulate multiple fined that is unpaid, the license will temporarily be suspended until the person paid finish the fine or if got court proceeding on the outstanding summon, it would be the judge to decide whether to suspend or revoke the person driving license. 

I think many of us here guai guai pay our fines promptly.. feel a bit kumgong for doing so 😞

• Haha! 2

Supercharged
23 minutes ago, Blueray said:

Car driver arrested for dangerous driving after motorcyclist killed in Farrer Road accident

https://stomp.straitstimes.com/singapore-seen/car-driver-arrested-for-dangerous-driving-after-motorcyclist-killed-in-farrer-road

sigh ...

:a-rip:

fatal-accident.jpg

Apparently, the CHR had tried to do an illegal, abrupt left turn into Gallop Park Rd just after going down Farrer Flyover.

RIP, biker.

• Angry 1
  • Shocked 1

31 minutes ago, Blueray said:

Car driver arrested for dangerous driving after motorcyclist killed in Farrer Road accident

https://stomp.straitstimes.com/singapore-seen/car-driver-arrested-for-dangerous-driving-after-motorcyclist-killed-in-farrer-road

sigh ...

fatal-accident.jpg

Not much details shared, but if the driver really turned in from the flyover, then this fella out to be jailed a long time, and shouldn't drive again...

• Praise 2

5 minutes ago, Kklim said:

Apparently, the CHR had tried to do an illegal, abrupt left turn into Gallop Park Rd just after going down Farrer Flyover.

RIP, biker.

Is this confirmed - that he turned in from the flyover?

4 minutes ago, Kklim said:

RIP, biker.

used to have a similar problem along Macritchie Viaduct too with cars attempting an illegal left turn into Andrew Road.

Recall a lady drove into somebody's house. 

• Shocked 1
  • Haha! 1

(edited)
48 minutes ago, Blueray said:

sigh ...

fatal-accident.jpg

If this goes on the CH-R will be the number 1 killer on the roads. Kill maids at Lucky Plaza, kill motorcyclist. Dunno who's next? Oh it's not CH-R it's PHV driver. My mistake.

Edited by Watwheels
  • Praise 2
  • Haha! 1

Supercharged
55 minutes ago, Atrecord said:

Is this confirmed - that he turned in from the flyover?

the way the car is positioned with the front wheels turned left seems so.

56 minutes ago, Xers007 said:

the way the car is positioned with the front wheels turned left seems so.

Agree that the final position "strongly suggests" the case, but i just wanted to be absolutely sure. 

(edited)
12 hours ago, Turboflat4 said:

Swerve out into the empty lane as long as no one immediately oncoming. 

I agree that it's difficult to judge if he's going to be able to stop or not. Basically, one must drive as if everyone else on the road is a potentially homicidal moron. That's real defensive driving lol.

also if you are the first car on traffic light stop

ready to step accelerator and swerve when opposite car crash coming [sweatdrop] 

Edited by Wt_know
  • Praise 1

16 minutes ago, mikk123 said:

penalty for reckless driving is too soft lah... just a slap on the wrist. Need to sentence to 10 yrs in prison if found guilty. 

Maybe will not be soft anymore.

The Road Traffic Act was amended last year, suppose to be harsher punishment.

20 minutes ago, w7_lee said:

Maybe will not be soft anymore.

The Road Traffic Act was amended last year, suppose to be harsher punishment.

Recent woman driver case punishment not hash leh... unless she committed the offence BEFORE the new act. 

12 minutes ago, Volvobrick said:

Recent woman driver case punishment not hash leh... unless she committed the offence BEFORE the new act. 

The amendment is from Nov 1

• Praise 1

2 hours ago, Yewheng said:

I respect the speed and the effort from the civil defence,  though it looked  a little  disorganized , still, good work! 

• Praise 1

Hypersonic
3 minutes ago, Ct3833 said:

I respect the speed and the effort from the civil defence,  though it looked  a little  disorganized , still, good work! 

Yes, SCDF officers had always done a great job.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3