Singapore Reckless Drivers Part VIII

RadX

Hypersonic
1 hour ago, Ct3833 said:

Previously my sons were still young, so their  insurance loading were high, but now that I have accumulated enough NCD on my 2nd car, the insurance will be expensive  if the car will to be transferred under their name. Maybe I should  ask insurance if the NCD can be tagged with them since they have been named driver. 

My friend done it before but the insurance broker I recommended helped her a lot. She deal mostly with NTUC.

Her mum got 2 cars under her name. So my friend took over one and managed to transfer the NCD to her own name from her mother. 

I remembered have to sign some forms. BUT her mum also use NTUC so maybe easier?

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

Supersonic
1 minute ago, Fcw75 said:

My friend done it before but the insurance broker I recommended helped her a lot. She deal mostly with NTUC.

Her mum got 2 cars under her name. So my friend took over one and managed to transfer the NCD to her own name from her mother. 

I remembered have to sign some forms. BUT her mum also use NTUC so maybe easier?

I am ntuc too😄, thanks for the info..I will try it during my next renewal. But now my 2nd car  CD is already 40%, next year will be 50%

Hypersonic
10 minutes ago, Ct3833 said:

I am ntuc too😄, thanks for the info..I will try it during my next renewal. But now my 2nd car  CD is already 40%, next year will be 50%

Wah, then better try. Don’t lose it.

• Praise 1

Hypersonic
1 hour ago, Ct3833 said:

Something like this. Sometimes a broker is useful though. 

5501BC87-68B9-4203-8FB4-1D3B8BABAA8A.png

• Praise 3

Supersonic
1 hour ago, Fcw75 said:

Something like this. Sometimes a broker is useful though. 

5501BC87-68B9-4203-8FB4-1D3B8BABAA8A.png

Thanks for the info, this is good especially for people like us who have been paying without claiming insurance,  at least we get some deserving discounts

• Praise 1

3 hours ago, Fcw75 said:

i had done this personally.

Car was under wife's name with 50% NCD. When we changed car, my company had interest-free loan but car needs to be in my name. So we asked the insurance agency can this be done, when sourcing for quotes. Some allow, some don't.

So we chose one that allows it. 

The insure company asked for a simple letter stating the reason, together with the standard form. 

It is only for closely-related people, and they stressed that it's one-off - means cannot suka suka change back in future...

• Praise 1

Clutched
28 minutes ago, Mockngbrd said:

NCD last how long after sell car?

1-2 years. It is best to check with insurance company.

https://www.sgcarmart.com/news/writeup.php?AID=112

• Praise 1

School bus overturned along Tampines Road towards Upper Serangoon. Although most children escaped unhurt, there were a few who were injured.

why would a van can overturn just like this ??? 

Supersonic
On 7/1/2020 at 1:07 PM, Beanoyip said:

This driver is what kind of license?

I think he make a wrong turn. The road is very wide, with no cars in front facing opposite traffic, he just went the wrong way.

3 minutes ago, Kb27 said:

I think he make a wrong turn. The road is very wide, with no cars in front facing opposite traffic, he just went the wrong way.

That's why i say he haven't been back for some time.

I use this road regularly.

1 hour ago, Maskedrider said:

School bus overturned along Tampines Road towards Upper Serangoon. Although most children escaped unhurt, there were a few who were injured.

why would a van can overturn just like this ??? 

nice EOL soon to be rare lexus GS

This junction a lot of people like to chiong down lane 1/2 (right turn only) and cut into lane 3 at the last moment, I suspect may have something to do with that.

↡ Advertisement