Singapore Reckless Drivers Part VIII

RadX

6 minutes ago, Yewheng said:

I think my issue is that I managed to brake till speed slow enough to have all 4 tyres to have traction. Many people are like me, is not professional racing driver.. We are just a normal driver. Haha.. 

Don't attempt to  apply hard brake(or even attempting to slow down) when one is already in the turn, one should slow down before entering a turn. Speeding up excessively towards a turn is a dangerous move also .

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Twincharged
3 minutes ago, Ct3833 said:

Don't attempt to  apply hard brake(or even attempting to slow down) when one is already in the turn, one should slow down before entering a turn. Speeding up excessively towards a turn is a dangerous move also .

Noted.. 

10 hours ago, Jamesc said:

I have never been to NY but I have seen a Ferrari there.

It was a blind man driving a Ferrari fast.

See for yourself.

:grin:

the farrari need to add lowering spring. From the cam seems like taller than a lorry. 

• Haha! 1

Hypersonic
10 hours ago, Cj12329 said:

better check GTR for illegal mod and charged accordingly

Why all the GTR on the road are drive by ah Beng and mod like a ah Beng car.

Waste of a good car.

• Praise 1

1 hour ago, Yewheng said:

Proberly the altis driver missed the last step, instead of brake harder abit to slow down, she go turn steering wheel more when understeer plus lift off accelerator. Then car will then like someone said lift off oversteer condition. 

IMHO.
Looking at the rotation of the wheels,  I think the driver braked hard until ABS kicked in and continued to hold down the brakes until the end.  

• Praise 1

Internal Moderator
11 hours ago, Ct3833 said:

Is this the same  Jalan anak built stretch right before but Tomah plaza again ? The stretch that slanted away from the bend .

Woah. nice place to practice handbrake turns. hahahahha

Twincharged
46 minutes ago, kobayashiGT said:

Woah. nice place to practice handbrake turns. hahahahha

You have got to bring your chiropractor along also.

(edited)
2 hours ago, Sdf4786k said:

the farrari need to add lowering spring. From the cam seems like taller than a lorry. 

From the cam the two guys are sitting on a setting mounted on a  truck  or a flat bed carriage for filming purpose , he was not really driving. You are sharp and correct. 👍

main-qimg-5cee36814d625aa69e7ebd250e4727

Edited by Ct3833

Supersonic
13 hours ago, commonjunks said:

And these b**tards will never learn.

Just now going to jurong, and multiple lorries driving in 2nd lane speed around 90. Every other minute there is lorry in 2nd lane driving fast, then end up they skid and become a spinning canon.

Usually when the vehicle skid, it is due to the tyres problem or the driver lost control of the vehicle? How come the vehicle can skid suddenly?

1 minute ago, 13177 said:

Usually when the vehicle skid, it is due to the tyres problem or the driver lost control of the vehicle? How come the vehicle can skid suddenly?

It could also due to road condition.

I lost control of a car on a slightly damp pebble road.

• Praise 2

1 minute ago, 13177 said:

Usually when a car goes into skidding is because the car is driven beyond the speed that, the tyre, the car itself, the driver or the road condition is designed to handle.

• Praise 1

16 minutes ago, 13177 said:

Combination of factors. Road wet, road surface lousy, tyres botak.

Drivers generally no skill - small matter only jam brake very hard, make sudden steering input, suddenly lift off accelerator during high speed turn, lose traction already still standing on the brake pedal, too much countersteer, etc etc

Sometimes the sudden braking/steering is because they tailgate so close. So they have much less time and space to react and control their car properly.

• Praise 4

7 minutes ago, Calikura said:

Combination of factors. Road wet, road surface lousy, tyres botak.

Drivers generally no skill - small matter only jam brake very hard, make sudden steering input, suddenly lift off accelerator during high speed turn, lose traction already still standing on the brake pedal, too much countersteer, etc etc

Sometimes the sudden braking/steering is because they tailgate so close. So they have much less time and space to react and control their car properly.

Can't blame driver for lacking the necessary skill as our driving syllabus is geared towards ability to drive and brake ONLY.  Learners are not even thought how to drive in Expressway.

• Praise 1

Supersonic
26 minutes ago, Ct3833 said:

Usually when a car goes into skidding is because the car is driven beyond the speed that, the tyre, the car itself, the driver or the road condition is designed to handle.

I always see cars still driving at 80-90km/h on expressway/road during heavy rain. If it is high risk for the car to skid?

Just now, 13177 said:

I always see cars still driving at 80-90km/h on expressway/road during heavy rain. If it is high risk for the car to skid?

During heavy rain, i usually drive faster than the traffic.

Don't want to stuck behind lousy drivers.

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

Supersonic
1 minute ago, inlinesix said:

Can't blame driver for lacking the necessary skill as our driving syllabus is geared towards ability to drive and brake ONLY.  Learners are not even thought how to drive in Expressway.

This is true, driving on expressway is quite different on normal road. Leaners never taught to drive on expressway and driver can only own self own practise themselves how to change lane on expressway, merge into expressway and regulate their speed on expressway etc.

Supersonic
2 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

During heavy rain, i usually drive faster than the traffic.

Don't want to stuck behind lousy drivers.

Faster might have risk of skidding?

↡ Advertisement