Singapore Reckless Drivers Part VIII

RadX

49 minutes ago, 13177 said:

Usually when the vehicle skid, it is due to the tyres problem or the driver lost control of the vehicle? How come the vehicle can skid suddenly?

With such speed, eyes off the road and vehicle veering out of lane and sudden change in steering wheel could spin lorries.

Seen lorry driver, speed and looking at his phone while driving.
Not sure why they even want to drive in fast lane, 4 lane rode both 4th and 3rd lanes are empty but still driving in 2nd and forcing every others to go in first lane (it is not isolated case, times and times again seen similar situation).

↡ Advertisement

18 minutes ago, 13177 said:

Faster might have risk of skidding?

It depends on skill and tyre used.

The only worry is water ponding on lane 1 especially at night.

• Praise 2

On Side note, did anyone else notice a lot of goddamn pot holes on west side.
Went a few times to Jurong West and Taman jurong, pot hole after every other few feets. Going out for corporation road to ESSO petrol pump and 3-4 potholes one after another (can't imagine any biker would be safe riding there at night).

A very big square pothole just opposite Boon lay MRT, it was literally a very big pot (before that i also avoid a few other pothole).

boonlaypot.jpg

• Praise 3

25 minutes ago, commonjunks said:

On Side note, did anyone else notice a lot of goddamn pot holes on west side.
Went a few times to Jurong West and Taman jurong, pot hole after every other few feets. Going out for corporation road to ESSO petrol pump and 3-4 potholes one after another (can't imagine any biker would be safe riding there at night).

Not only potholes...... the IBP junction to BigBox is suffering from severe ripples, my car tramlines really badly.

The west side suffers a lot from potholes as there seems to be a lot more heavy vehicles using the secondary expresses, hopping from/to AYE and PIE.

• Praise 4

37 minutes ago, bsswan said:

Not only potholes...... the IBP junction to BigBox is suffering from severe ripples, my car tramlines really badly.

The west side suffers a lot from potholes as there seems to be a lot more heavy vehicles using the secondary expresses, hopping from/to AYE and PIE.

Bukit batok towards townhall also similar pothole.

So those that speed before the speed cam usually get jolted really bad.

• Praise 1

Supercharged

It has been raining quite frequently and LTA contractor not enough manpower to fix the road fast enough. There are also a few pot hole/bump at clementi area as well.

Supersonic
58 minutes ago, Xers007 said:

It has been raining quite frequently and LTA contractor not enough manpower to fix the road fast enough. There are also a few pot hole/bump at clementi area as well.

Maybe due to foreign workers cannot start work? Or some of them still stuck with covid?

Turbocharged

on potholes, just feedback to LTA via their website. Pre-CB, the repair work is done within a week. Best is include a google map pinpointing where the pothole is, how big it is, which lane etc.

I've done that a few times and it always get patched up within a week. Shortest was 2 days.

• Praise 1

31 minutes ago, Kxbc said:

on potholes, just feedback to LTA via their website. Pre-CB, the repair work is done within a week. Best is include a google map pinpointing where the pothole is, how big it is, which lane etc.

I've done that a few times and it always get patched up within a week. Shortest was 2 days.

Use mytransport app to report is the easiest.

• Praise 1

4 hours ago, inlinesix said:

It could also due to road condition.

I lost control of a car on a slightly damp pebble road.

pebble roads... that reminds me i lost control of a vehicle on those roads before also...

but that was my M113 many many moons ago :XD: was even quite scary when going upslope... and rolled back...

• Praise 3
  • Haha! 2

Twincharged
2 hours ago, Beregond said:

I am not xeno... But so far I only notice one nationality that considers bicycles same class as motor vehicles.

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 4

4 minutes ago, Jellandross said:

Is it a trend recently many vans and lorries like to do sudden tik tok dancing?

Now all the van lorry pickup all very fierce 

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 2

Twincharged
32 minutes ago, Mustank said:

All Turbocharged Diesel...Powerful Torque.

• Haha! 2

33 minutes ago, Mustank said:

And all buang  until very skilfull. 

• Haha! 1

Supercharged
45 minutes ago, Mustank said:

Either speeding or chiong on 1st lane of expressway. Dunno how to write the Chinese word die. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1