Singapore Reckless Drivers Part VIII

RadX

Turbocharged
34 minutes ago, Beregond said:

just ban leotard will do, u see its alway those with leotard that cause problem, really 1 rat spoil 1 bowl of congee

Errr... I am a leotard.. I cherish my life and every ride I only got one Objective.. To be able to return HOME..

I know the risk on the road.. I try to minimize it by following highway code rules , lights etc.. I choose to cycle when people are generally asleep.. abt 5 am till 6 am weekeday.. of cos the risk still there as there are tired drivers around.. I don blame them as they need to make a living..

Importantly i don't add on the risk/danger to myself and other using the road. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 6

(edited)
23 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

Gracious does not mean you are not firm.

We need ppl who would shout at ppl who breaks the rule.

Have you done your part?

Yep... Not shout but told off some who didn't wear their masks properly, or waited/parked where they were not supposed to. Or throwing litter. 

One day maybe one of them will try to bash me. I better train up my arms!

Edited by Volvobrick
  • Praise 1

2 minutes ago, Heartbreakid said:

I agree that the contribution is also because of impatient drivers. But MAJORITY of the times are cyclists who broke the law by failing to cycle in a single file, caused inconvenience to traffic by holding up and they take their own sweet time still riding as if nothing crop up behind them. While these cyclists are cycling for leisure and exercising purposes, Those caught behind can be a public bus full of commuters, and delivery driver on work purposes. Seeing such reaction by such cyclists, how it won't trigger any driver's impatience or even those commuters in the bus?

Graciousness will only come when all work together on mutual respect and I am glad out of some black sheeps of the cyclists group, I see some demonstrated such graciousness towards other road users and vice versa.

2 abreast is legal for road with more than 1 lane in each direction.

If the reason above is why it should be ban, maybe we should ban motorcycle (lane splitting) & road hogger.

If the reason above is why it should be ban, maybe inpatient driver should be ban on the road.  Inpatient driver is more dangerous.

2 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

If the reason above is why it should be ban, maybe we should ban motorcycle (lane splitting) & road hogger.

If the reason above is why it should be ban, maybe inpatient driver should be ban on the road.  Inpatient driver is more dangerous.

2 abreast is legal provided they do not caused traffic hold ups.

2 minutes ago, Volvobrick said:

Yep... Not shout but told off some who didn't wear their masks properly, or waited/parked where they were not supposed to. Or throwing litter. 

We need to impart our social norm to these newcomers.  I was told off not to walk in cycling path in Munich.

The problem are either there is NO social norm (cycling culture went dead in the 80s) or ppl simply boh chup.

Cycling just like running boom in past 5 years without any local social norm.

3 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

I can't understand why 2 abreast is allowed. It should be. If the cyclists want to chit chat, do so away from the roads. 

For lane splitting, I remember during my class 2 lessons it's only when the cars are stationary, not when they are moving. 

Road hogs are breaking the laws already, just that there is not enough enforcement. Maybe they should be given 12 demerit points too. 

Just now, Volvobrick said:

I can't understand why 2 abreast is allowed. It should be. If the cyclists want to chit chat, do so away from the roads. 

For lane splitting, I remember during my class 2 lessons it's only when the cars are stationary, not when they are moving. 

Road hogs are breaking the laws already, just that there is not enough enforcement. Maybe they should be given 12 demerit points too. 

2 abreast does not mean both cyclists are chit chat.

Moreover, it is only allow in roads with more than 1 lane per direction of travel.

i get more frus from roadhogger on expressway.  All 3/4/5 lane is travelling at the same speed.  No way to overtake.

• Haha! 1

Then why need to cycle side by side? Admiring each other? They can cycle single file and admire each other's butts.

If it's kid/parent needing supervision, they shouldn't be on the road. And it shouldn't be racing. 

For hogging on expressway, just take the left lanes to overtake. Esp AYE and PIE. Works for me.

• Haha! 1

35 minutes ago, Heartbreakid said:

Graciousness will only come when all work together on mutual respect and I am glad out of some black sheep of the cyclists group, I see some demonstrated such graciousness towards other road users and vice versa.

exactly Graciousness work both way. like the 1 in the video. how to be gracious to him? 

or whole file of bus full of ppl  , lorry,  cars behind 2 cyclist,  unable to overtake cos this 2 cyclist  insists on the law can ride 2 abreast,

refuse to keep to the side to allow vehicle to pass. 

u dun give Graciousness , u dun expect to receive Graciousness. 

• Praise 4

Turbocharged
26 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

We need to impart our social norm to these newcomers.  I was told off not to walk in cycling path in Munich.

The problem are either there is NO social norm (cycling culture went dead in the 80s) or ppl simply boh chup.

Cycling just like running boom in past 5 years without any local social norm.

Same, if we were walking on the opp side. aka not keeping left, you'll be told by the cyclist..

• Praise 1

10 minutes ago, Volvobrick said:

Then why need to cycle side by side? Admiring each other? They can cycle single file and admire each other's butts.

If it's kid/parent needing supervision, they shouldn't be on the road. And it shouldn't be racing. 

For hogging on expressway, just take the left lanes to overtake. Esp AYE and PIE. Works for me.

Similar to running, cycling is a group sport.  At the speed roadie ride, no time to admire each other or other's butts.

A lot times, cars line up next to each other from Lane 1 to 5.  How to overtake?

2 minutes ago, Beregond said:

exactly Graciousness work both way. like the 1 in the video. how to be gracious to him? 

or whole file of bus full of ppl  , lorry,  cars behind 2 cyclist,  unable to overtake cos this 2 cyclist  insists on the law can ride 2 abreast,

refuse to keep to the side to allow vehicle to pass. 

u dun give Graciousness , u dun expect to receive Graciousness. 

If bus can't overtake, it means that 2 abreast is illegal.

(edited)
37 minutes ago, Volvobrick said:

they are allowed but provided they are not not obstructing faster moving vehicles, tell me which cyclist in SGP can pedal faster than car on the road? so i would humbly say, at anyone one time, they are more likely to  be obstructing faster moving vehicles. 

Edited by Ct3833
  • Praise 2

Supercharged
16 hours ago, Mingsect said:

read the captions ?  

this case finally got it turn at the court on 17july

The bicycle rider was dissatisfied with the driver Lorry driving too close, overtaking to provoke the driver, and then knocking on the windshield and swearing. The driver of Lorry then turned sharply in the direction of the rider, causing the rider to almost be hit. The driver was ultimately reckless. He was sentenced to 1 week in jail for acting endangering the lives of others.

The incident occurred at 10:22 am on February 24 last year from Jalan Eunos all the way to Jalan Awang.

The defendant is a Chinese Lorry driver Zhang Ping (33 years old). He faced a charge of reckless behavior endangering the lives of others and accused him of suddenly turning Lorry to a 56-year-old Canadian male bike rider and forcing him to give way.
The case revealed that at the time of the incident, the bicycle was riding on the left lane in front of Lorry close to the double yellow line. Lorry passed the bicycle, and the bike rider turned to look at Lorry's driver. Soon after, the rider chased Lorry, turned and pointed at the driver, and stopped in front of Lorry. Lorry was forced to stop, and the bike rider started knocking on the window and swearing at the driver.

The prosecution played three videos in court to restore the entire case. One of the videos showed that when the rider continued to yell at him, the driver Lorry turned sharply towards the rider, forcing the rider to pick up the bicycle and step back and walk to the grass nearby.

The prosecution stated that driving a vehicle is inherently dangerous, not to mention that Lorry is a heavy vehicle, and the defendant uses Lorry as a weapon to attack the other party.

The prosecution said that although the bike rider was not injured, the Lorry driver put the other person in a dangerous situation. Therefore hoped that the judge will sentence the driver to jail for one week as a deterrent.

Driver appeared in court yesterday (July 17) and pleaded guilty. The judge finally sentenced him to jail for a week.

The driver of Lorry got out of the car to face off and was knocked down by the rider . It was revealed in the court that the rider would also be charged.

Another 29-second video played in the court showed that the driver of Lorry got out of the car and looked for the bike rider to face off. The rider punched the driver in the mouth, causing him to fall directly to the ground. The rider then left.

The case revealed , nearby residents provided assistance to the driver who was sitting on the sidewalk in a daze. The driver was sent to Changi General Hospital for treatment. His upper and lower lips and corners of his mouth each had lacerations of 0.5 cm. The doctor gave him two days of sick leave.

The rider is now under investigation for deliberately hurting people. It was revealed that he will be charged in court later.

Red hair rider got no name?

1 minute ago, Ct3833 said:

they are allowed but provided they are not not obstructing faster moving vehicles, tell me which cyclist in SGP can pedal faster than car on the road?

That's why OCBC Conti Team don't train on this island previously.

• Praise 1

Supercharged
2 hours ago, Ysc3 said:

Look at the Kia 1160 ... The geylang gostan driver ... Then you know that k-cars are stronger now !

Pohang steel! 

52 minutes ago, Ody_2004 said:

Errr... I am a leotard.. I cherish my life and every ride I only got one Objective.. To be able to return HOME..

I know the risk on the road.. I try to minimize it by following highway code rules , lights etc.. I choose to cycle when people are generally asleep.. abt 5 am till 6 am weekeday.. of cos the risk still there as there are tired drivers around.. I don blame them as they need to make a living..

Importantly i don't add on the risk/danger to myself and other using the road. 

if only all the cyclists are like-minded like you than we would have a more pleasant driving. Of course, there are idiots drivers just like there are idiots cyclists on the road, but  the idiot cyclists have to understand who have got more to lose at the end of the day

• Praise 4

9 minutes ago, Ct3833 said:

they are allowed but provided they are not not obstructing faster moving vehicles, tell me which cyclist in SGP can pedal faster than car on the road? so i would humbly say, at anyone one time, they are more likely to  be obstructing faster moving vehicles. 

Thats why sg road is not make for leisure and sport cycling during day time.

Imagine u cycling for own entertainment during day time with your friend abreast .

U just need to turn around to see how much traffic u holding up.

And those vehicle hold up by the cyclist is not driving on the road for fun.

My foot is more gracious then that.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3
  • Haha! 1