Singapore Reckless Drivers Part VIII

RadX

(edited)
1 hour ago, Blueray said:

开跑车拖行交警逾百米 司机判监罚款和终身吊销驾照

https://www.8world.com/news/singapore/article/maserati-driver-sentencing-1203426

appealing for more ... 

Wow lifetime ban.. crime against ah gong is no joke. But this kind of chao samseng sure put fake plate continue driving after release from changi chalet. Thug life.

Maserati driver barred from driving for life, jailed more than four years for dragging police officer in escape bid
Read more at https://www.todayonline.com/singapore/maserati-driver-barred-driving-life-jailed-more-four-years-dragging-police-officer-escape

Edited by Jellandross
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

5 hours ago, Mkl22 said:

nothing will happen. they will say, this section of the road has been there for close to 40years.... no major problems.

I see that is 90 area, they should at least put more warning sign and reduce speed limit in that area.
Best solution would be to put a red light camera there with speed limit 70, accidents will drastically reduce.

4 hours ago, Vid said:

Not defending him but who here got $400k+ cash lying around?

Hence insurance, you cannot suka suka make people handicap for life with all medisafe wiped and expect to pay nothing in compensation.
Base on her current situation her husband have to look after her and would not be able to work (being old and not working in Singapore is worst than death sentence).

This is issue when they allow people to ride motorize bikes/cycles/pmd without any liability and insurance.

7 minutes ago, commonjunks said:

I see that is 90 area, they should at least put more warning sign and reduce speed limit in that area.
Best solution would be to put a red light camera there with speed limit 70, accidents will drastically reduce.

Sudden reduction in speed limits causes drivers to jam break, and leading to accidents. 

They should improve the design, camber and surface. 

• Praise 2

2 minutes ago, Volvobrick said:

Sudden reduction in speed limits causes drivers to jam break, and leading to accidents. 

What i mean was to gradually reduce, not like from 90 to 70 lah (maybe put a buffer zone 90 to 80 and 70, if they know this is accident prune area then something need to be done to save lives).

Being on bridge with long ass bend but speed still 90 don't make sense.

(edited)
20 minutes ago, commonjunks said:

That part is still 80km/h until after the bend then start 90km/h. In the direction of PIE(Tuas). There is a signboard there which indicates the start of 90km/h.

Edited by Adrianli

Turbocharged
15 minutes ago, commonjunks said:

Hence insurance, you cannot suka suka make people handicap for life with all medisafe wiped and expect to pay nothing in compensation.
Base on her current situation her husband have to look after her and would not be able to work (being old and not working in Singapore is worst than death sentence).

This is issue when they allow people to ride motorize bikes/cycles/pmd without any liability and insurance.

agree...

and that kid deserves it totally if he's made a bankrupt and has his future ruined

and i say even if bankrupt also need to compensate the victim

• Praise 3

(edited)

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/maserati-driver-barred-from-driving-for-life-jailed-more-than-12969048

Is he another NUS graduate and hence the punishment too light? -

I feel the punishment is way too little - 4 years of jail and 4k of fine? What is the message that we are sending out ?

Edited by Mrlancergtx
Update text
  • Praise 1

Hypersonic

Mr Balamurugan noted that Lee was taking care of his brother, who had intellectual disabilities as well as behavioural problems, while Lee’s parents also had a litany of medical conditions. 

I think he also. 😆

• Haha! 1

46 minutes ago, Mrlancergtx said:

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/maserati-driver-barred-from-driving-for-life-jailed-more-than-12969048

I feel the punishment is way too little - 4 years of jail and 4k of fine? What is the message that we are sending out ?

you think it's too light but his lawyer and him think it's excessive leh... .  going to appeal.

59 minutes ago, Mrlancergtx said:

Of cos the punishment no use la, this Lao ah long confrim will just drive out again as per normals. 

• Praise 1

6 hours ago, Vid said:

Not defending him but who here got $400k+ cash lying around?

That's why when want to sue, better check if the pockets are deep. 

Supercharged
2 hours ago, Volvobrick said:

Plus make the metal strips over the expansion joints less smooth. Now no grip when wet.

• Praise 1

2 hours ago, Volvobrick said:

True that the road design at that spot is shit. Knowing that, drivers also have a responsibility to themselves and others not to use that spot to test the limits of their driving skill and their equipment. Right foot relax a bit for a short stretch won't die one.

(edited)

Just install a 70kmh speed camera before the bend at Jln Anak Bukit, guarantee 天天平安boh tai ji.

Inactions , sloppiness, complacency  and maybe even bureaucracy have lead to this  problem. 

Edited by Ct3833
  • Praise 2

11 hours ago, Turboflat4 said:

I'd say leave it to the carpark operator. It doesn't affect the front car much, if at all, except for unnecessary moral outrage.

Unless you want to jam brake until one hits you and get personally vested. 😁

Fumble with cash card after lifting of barricade? 😆

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 1