Singapore Reckless Drivers Part VIII

RadX

Twincharged
10 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

Rather than mandating safety equipment, it will be better to mandate yearly 1 day safe driving course for taxi/phy drivers.

After the course, taxi/phv drivers has to take an exam.

Fail exam means immediate suspension.

Everyone take driving lesson and tests like little kittens...  Driving between 40 -60 kph on the training and test routes. 

But after they get the card,  the horns all come out 😂.... 

So I still prefer the punishment part. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

5 minutes ago, Ysc3 said:

More features = more safe cab

More safe cab = more expensive rides

More expensive rides = more unhappy paxs

More unhappy paxs = more paxs blame govt 

It's a vicious cycle.

Paxs will ask govt to absorb the increase.  Ministers not going to absorb the fare increase ... No need to guess who ends up paying?

i wonder if the safety crash test passed "simi level" means can protect collision and T-bone [sweatdrop] 

Edited by Wt_know

Twincharged
25 minutes ago, Naimed said:

800+? Just call LTA bro, very fast one. Make them move their bikes until they give up.

Yup. Inconsiderate asses need to be fined till they learn. 
got idiots always like to park the junction on the side road at my place. Makes turning in from the road difficult as you cannot see vehicles approaching. 
I’m proud to say I helped the nation collect some money. Haha. 

• Praise 3

4 minutes ago, Wt_know said:

i wonder if the safety crash test passed "simi level" means can protect collision and T-bone [sweatdrop] 

It's like mask, no mask argument. Can mask reduce Covid transmission? 

I would rather have an airbag between my head and the metal works than nothing.

• Praise 4

5 minutes ago, Ysc3 said:

Everyone take driving lesson and tests like little kittens...  Driving between 40 -60 kph on the training and test routes. 

But after they get the card,  the horns all come out 😂.... 

So I still prefer the punishment part. 

Yearly re-training is a preventive measure similar to car servicing.

Punishment only applies to ppl who break the rule and get caught.

• Praise 1

1 hour ago, Dark said:

Taxi signaling and still filtering, Suzuki driver likely not looking at the front, not sure what he is looking at.

The almighty HANDPHONE. :D

• Haha! 5

9 hours ago, Ct3833 said:

riding bicycle on the expressway ? What else could I say other than obi good ?

hmm...  cyclists claimed that highway is not the same as expressway, LTA say cannot ride on expressway but never say cannot ride on highway. Had seen this statement came out on this forum before.

• Praise 1

25 minutes ago, Adrianli said:

I see that this is the driveway to the shelter of the block of flats. So I guess PHV driving in so to pick up passenger, otherwise will not bother to drive into the driveway. The camera person should be the passenger waiting for her ride.

The passenger also should be very free.

Take out camera make make S drama - Singapore drama - our actors more natural than K drama and J drama - all those look like acting one.

:grin:

• Haha! 2

6 hours ago, Beanoyip said:

what is going on? Argue left right center.

I have absolutely no repect for the culture of doing mistake and argue to defend. We cannot have this third world mentality at all here. The biker should have simply said sorry and guided uncle to pass through. This could have simply made 2 happy faces.

• Praise 5

6 hours ago, Beanoyip said:

what is going on? Argue left right center.

The biker very brave dare to park like that.

If he love his bike and he see PHV he should siam far far.

PHV drivers all cock one high probability he will knock even space so big big one.

Seriously I have seen PHV turn into a lane and back tyre will kiap the kerb one.

Many times. So now I see PHV when turning will turn big big to miss the kerb.

But turn so big will eat into oncoming lane.

They come so close my poor   also shrink into peanut size.

Maybe he don't care his bike. Bang bang lah.

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 2

Hypersonic

not defending that cyclist here but has any driver here tried to check blind spot while he/she is cycling or running?

the head can at most turn 90 degree leh ... to turn 135 degrees or more require turning your shoulders as well 

so if just turning the head, can at most see what is beside you only

just some empathy from drivers approaching cyclists or joggers from behind would be nice 

of course drivers will always say if cyclists  or joggers value their lives.... they should just stop their activities to check

😬

• Haha! 3

You jump into pond full of crocodiles you get eaten by crocodiles.

Cyclists ride on highway get knock down by fast moving cars.

If don't want to be eaten by crocodiles don't jump into crocodile pond lah.

If don't want to get knock down by fast moving cars don't ride on highway lah.

People getting more stupid these days.

This also they don't know.

Honestly bicycle ride on expressway

E scooter riding on expressway

You see lah stupid or not? 

Edited by Jamesc
  • Praise 8
  • Shocked 1
  • Haha! 1

12 minutes ago, Steptronic said:

I have absolutely no repect for the culture of doing mistake and argue to defend. We cannot have this third world mentality at all here. The biker should have simply said sorry and guided uncle to pass through. This could have simply made 2 happy faces.

Yah I agree, I mean though there is space to move the driver skills may not be confident enough to pass and if scratch who is to blame, what happen if it wasn't a car but truck that was trying to get thru. 

Biker should have parked along the straight end of the road, biker was inconsiderate for his own convenience but not happy when other want to report him for causing the inconvenience. 

• Praise 4

4 hours ago, Beanoyip said:

dont know what The fuss is about.. cam car has a truck beside which obstructs his view and he already slowly inch out.. not sure what the mofo merc driver whining about

Drive Merc with big ego. This merc cheap lah. Car lifespan 10 years only.  Just be more gracious and move on.

• Praise 8

Turbocharged
9 minutes ago, Xtrah said:

Drive Merc with big ego. This merc cheap lah. Car lifespan 10 years only.  Just be more gracious and move on.

Usually if i'm blocked by another bigger vehicle in such scenario, I'll just signal right, flash the lamp few times and inch out slowly till I can see, not sure if will still kena like this type of Merz driver if doing the same thing 😂

• Praise 3

10 minutes ago, Xtrah said:

Often I am in same situation coming out of parking lot with view obstructed by van/truck. What I can't stand are those drivers who could clearly see my car's bonnet moving, yet they don't honk, and also don't slow down. They seem like just wanting to give me a fright. 

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 1

1 hour ago, Steptronic said:

I agree. I heard about this mentality from one group of 3rd world people [sly]

• Haha! 1