Singapore Reckless Drivers Part VIII

RadX

36 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

Under the law, it is an offence if all 3 criteria are fullfilled:

1. Driver hold mobile device and operate it;

2. Car in motion;

Only need high resolution camera if you do away with TP on wheel.

This rule is actually inadequate - I am sure many of us have come across drivers watching videos/movies on phone or tablet mounted on the dash or windscreen. While driving. 

It should be updated to one penalizing "Distracted Driving", including reading messages on phones, putting on make-up, reading newspaper etc while driving. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3

25 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

You are opening a pandora box.  How far do you want the law to go?

Mobile phone on a stand?

Car central console?

Cos if it's illegal, then cars selling Gps on central console must be banned.  Cos it will be a distraction even if it's for the use of passenger.

So on so forth.

53 minutes ago, Ysc3 said:

Think goes both ways.

My jb staff car kenah hit at the back by old man driving sg pickup.  Bumper dented.  Old man got down gave my staff $30 and told him take it or leave it. 

Mustank in disguise? 

• Shocked 1
  • Haha! 1

14 minutes ago, Volvobrick said:

This rule is actually inadequate - I am sure many of us have come across drivers watching videos/movies on phone or tablet mounted on the dash or windscreen. While driving. 

It should be updated to one penalizing "Distracted Driving", including reading messages on phones, putting on make-up, reading newspaper etc while driving. 

I don’t disagree with your point.

How to phrase it into the law?

16 minutes ago, Philipkee said:

Cos if it's illegal, then cars selling Gps on central console must be banned.  Cos it will be a distraction even if it's for the use of passenger.

So on so forth.

That means our car goes back to basic?
No Apple CarPlay or Android Auto.

• Shocked 1

59 minutes ago, Volvobrick said:

exactly , any act that distract u from driving safety should be ban and fine. tp should have all the power and right to judge  any action that u commited prevent u from driving safety or not and give punishment if he deem it so . 

• Praise 1

5 hours ago, ER-3682 said:

Alot of Motorists ''Colour Blind''...TP need to take Tests for Colour Blind Soon.

beating red light is "fashionable"? wtf is happening nowadays ...

4 hours ago, Scion said:

if the motorbike guy is injured, maybe he expects some sympathy and even compensation of some money despite your own car is damaged

How did the Malaysian biker able to travel into spore in the first place? Or he was already here since March?🤔

4 minutes ago, Beregond said:

exactly , any act that distract u from driving safety should be ban and fine. tp should have all the power and right to judge  any action that u commited prevent u from driving safety or not and give punishment if he deem it so . 

Currently, TP rarely on petrol now.

• Praise 1

Just now, Kopites said:

How did the Malaysian biker able to travel into spore in the first place? Or he was already here since March?🤔

Should be here since March

16 hours ago, Pooty said:

Kudos to the cops. The middle finger man needs two additional charges, one for the finger and another for not riding with both hands on the handle bar (unable to have proper control of the vehicle).  More videos should be posted. More are expected to be arrested.

• Haha! 3

1 hour ago, Beanoyip said:

Using your lap to 'hold' the phone should be considered as well.

The cameras should be able to do this..

image.png.8ee6cd00bc35322f3ae11ee3b74ca766.png

The phone was held in his hand, not on his lap.

1 hour ago, Philipkee said:

So on so forth.

Also the german cars with virtual cockpit. [lipsrsealed]

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 2

5 minutes ago, Adrianli said:

Also the german cars with virtual cockpit. [lipsrsealed]

Yeah... Most will configure one they like and leave it alone till they sell the car. You want to always know where exactly things like speedo, fuel level etc are. And not hunt for them. 

And dangerous touch screen controls just to change temp, air flow or volume. Give me a big knob anytime.  That's why very soon I probably cannot find any new car to buy! 

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

Just now, Volvobrick said:

Yeah... Most will configure one they like and leave it alone till they sell the car. You want to always know where exactly things like speedo, fuel level etc are. And not hunt for them. 

And dangerous touch screen controls just to change temp, air flow or volume. Give me a big knob anytime.  That's why very soon I probably cannot find any new car to buy! 

Hi Five!!!

I still prefer the traditional dials and big knobs. No touchscreen please.

• Praise 3

28 minutes ago, Fitvip said:

The phone was held in his hand, not on his lap.

Yea, i'm giving an e.g on how the tech would look like catching these buggers..

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 1