Singapore Reckless Drivers Part VIII

RadX

1 hour ago, Philipkee said:

I am not really innocent but whu would a car be going zig-zag zig-zag?

Shouldnt you be going faster or slower instead? 

That would depend on the work and sensation... 😂

↡ Advertisement

6 hours ago, Fitvip said:

Kudos to the cops. The middle finger man needs two additional charges, one for the finger and another for not riding with both hands on the handle bar (unable to have proper control of the vehicle).  More videos should be posted. More are expected to be arrested.

But hey they stopped for the traffic lights!! 

And I think I see underaged smoking in the video, another charge up their alley. Don’t understand why they would film themselves and post it online. Youths nowadays more considerate, helping the police with evidence. 🤣

• Haha! 1

1 hour ago, inlinesix said:

How about video taken from social media?  Could it be doctored?

Possible.  I photoshop a licence plate on the car.  Question is who is so free to do it but who knows?

Or the image of car is blurry but the captions shows the car plate number and so on.  Question is how many of us verify the licence plate actually matches what is in the captions or title?

Or example of road rage.  I nearly knock you down.  You get off your bike to come and talk to me.  I delete part of video and only show the part where you approach me and coincidentally the audio is missing.  But captions are full of what you are saying (or there is audio but not actual audio).

I am not saying it happens but the possibility exists.

Of cos some are very clear cut then yes, TP might take action based on that.

• Praise 1

2 hours ago, Beregond said:

Anw tp already say. Video in certain social media  can be use to charge u.

Like the 10 pmd. I dun think  any police report is make. But the video make it to social media  and police saw it and they  take action. 

Who know they could be monitoring this thread also for potential  criminals

I would believe it's more like they saw the 10 pmd on social media, verify it with their own cameras that are maybe from lamp posts, and then investigate. 

So the social media post can be the catalyst but ultimately the evidence must be verifiable.  

So maybe that's the same for red light beaters.  They see the social medial post, note location and time, and see if there was any video.  And use that video as evidence.  Unless the person submitting the video agrees to testify if need arises.

My two cents.  

• Praise 5

2 hours ago, Philipkee said:

I would believe it's more like they saw the 10 pmd on social media, verify it with their own cameras that are maybe from lamp posts, and then investigate. 

So the social media post can be the catalyst but ultimately the evidence must be verifiable.  

So maybe that's the same for red light beaters.  They see the social medial post, note location and time, and see if there was any video.  And use that video as evidence.  Unless the person submitting the video agrees to testify if need arises.

My two cents.  

Key is they have to be bothered to follow up.👍👍

• Praise 1

16 minutes ago, Ct3833 said:

Key is they have to be bothered to follow up.👍👍

I believe they scare bad publicity from inaction.

• Praise 3
  • Haha! 1

7 hours ago, Vid said:

Running red light like these 2 are unacceptable. There has to be a very strong punishment because those drivers are obviously distracted, most likely phones.

A fine of $2000 + 6 demerit points is a good start. But LTA no balls to give out these kind of punishments

Yes, running red light no excuse. send to TP and serve the drivers with the punishment they deserve. 

• Praise 2

13 hours ago, Philipkee said:

Actually I agree

Cos the video could be doctored.  Since it's from a member of the public.  That is why before using the evidence, the person submitting must be willing to testify in court.

SG got tons of CCTV everywhere, just need to tally with those?

• Praise 1
  • Shocked 1

2 hours ago, Beanoyip said:

SG got tons of CCTV everywhere, just need to tally with those?

That might apply to Geylang only.

Everywhere else not really.

Wow.. Lucky no accident.. Remember quite long time ago there is this ferrari that beat red light near bugis and hit onto the blue taxi and the Japanese tourist died? So lucky.. Hope the surrounding surveillance camera is able to capture that car plate no and go compound his car and charge him to court for speeding, dangerous driving and beat red light. 

Edited by Yewheng
  • Praise 3

Turbocharged
17 hours ago, Mustank said:

I don’t want fame or shame

i want gor zharp kor !! 🤑

I more greedy, I wanna gor zharp bun :D

• Haha! 1

13 minutes ago, Yewheng said:

Wow.. Lucky no accident.. Remember quite long time ago there is this ferrari that beat red light near bugis and hit onto the blue taxi and the Japanese tourist died? So lucky.. Hope the surrounding surveillance camera is able to capture that car plate no and go compound his car and charge him to court for speeding, dangerous driving and beat red light. 

I think he didnt beat the red light?  He sped across at amber.  But definitely speeding.  Not sure about dangerous driving cos he was not swerving or anything.

But definitely speeding by a lot.

Screenshot_20200805-085401_Samsung Internet.jpg

Edited by Philipkee
  • Praise 2
  • Shocked 1
  • Haha! 1

31 minutes ago, Philipkee said:

I think he didnt beat the red light?  He sped across at amber.  But definitely speeding.  Not sure about dangerous driving cos he was not swerving or anything.

But definitely speeding by a lot.

a) Exceeding the road speed limit by more than 60 km/hr : 24 points + prosecution in court

b) Failing to conform to traffic light signals: 12 points + $400

Which would he/she be charged under? 😂

• Praise 2

1 minute ago, Naimed said:

a) Exceeding the road speed limit by more than 60 km/hr : 24 points + prosecution in court

b) Failing to conform to traffic light signals: 12 points + $400

Which would he/she be charged under? 😂

Not sure about b but a is sufficient for revocation of licence liao.  Not sure if there will be jail.

Losing 24 points already, another 12 points wont make a difference unless a person with 24 points deducted can still drive (is 24 points the max one can have deducted or 23 points the max so you have that 1 point left?)....

Unless that person did that under influence of drugs or alcohol then more charges coming.

• Praise 1

44 minutes ago, Philipkee said:

Not sure about b but a is sufficient for revocation of licence liao.  Not sure if there will be jail.

Losing 24 points already, another 12 points wont make a difference unless a person with 24 points deducted can still drive (is 24 points the max one can have deducted or 23 points the max so you have that 1 point left?)....

Unless that person did that under influence of drugs or alcohol then more charges coming.

24. you can still drive when you have zero points. 

• Shocked 2

Twincharged
18 hours ago, Daniu82 said:

I don't mind if they hire me part time to surf forums. 

I think the net prawn reviewer job already taken... 🙊

• Haha! 1

Let this video be a learning experience for ALL DRIVERS out there

dont be like red car. REMEMBER KEEP LOOKING CAR IN FRONT OF YOU UNTIL HE CLEAR THEN U LOOK FOR ONCOMING TRAFFIC AT RIGHT. 

i ever kena kissed slightly before in this situation at clementi ave 2 into AYE, driver behind me rushing saw at my rear mirror he nvr look in front but right. Had to Let go my brake abit to minimise the impact and swerve left abit to avoid my car being smashed by SBS bus 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3
  • Shocked 1
  • Haha! 1