Singapore Reckless Drivers Part VIII

RadX

7 hours ago, inlinesix said:

Even the biker slow down, no way the bike can stop in time NOT to hit it.

Yeah... Unfortunately most road users do not realize that the ability for a vehicle to stop in time is related to the weight & the speed it is going. Of course skills come into play but at the last moment, don't know can react correctly or not. Safe distancing & slowing down better.

Edited by w7_lee
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 4

2 hours ago, commonjunks said:

I am not sure when blaming the victim culture will stop, the biker who keena t-boned at traffic junction wouldn't be in this situation if SUV driver would have waited for his green light.
Now if you change that Grab guy with TP going for urgent incident, how will that make any difference?

We have this culture were we start calling those who have right of way to slow down or look out for some arshole who didn't bother waiting and dash across. Yes rider should have slowed down but even at 60 he would still have involved in accident, take away the license of car driver and make example to teach other drivers to wait till their traffic light is not turned green.

I have seen people turning right (even LTA have already changed turn light to red/green), because these people will never learn unless an example is set so other learn and fear from similar stunt.

This "culture" is also known as being aware of your surroundings, take responsibility for your own safety, practising defensive driving/riding, etc. You can take your pick.

You can be damn well sure that when I'm driving around heavy vehicles, the last thing on my mind is asserting my right of way. Instead I would be actively scanning for threats because of the increased danger I find myself in and looking for the safest way to escape and get clear. If that means slowing down to a crawl or letting an a**hole driver have his way on the road - SO BE IT. 

Now in this case, which party suffered more losses and hurt? Obviously the biker who could be dead or even paralysed. So does it even matter now that "the biker who keena t-boned at traffic junction wouldn't be in this situation if SUV driver would have waited for his green light.", or crying about blaming the victim culture?

Right of way doesn't confers you or anybody else invulnerability to all damage types as commonly found in video games. A fact commonly forgotten or disregarded by spandex cyclists, gungho motorbike riders and arrogant jaywalking  

Edited by Lightbringer
  • Praise 10

Turbocharged
On 7/26/2020 at 12:26 AM, Ct3833 said:

I still want to say this short stretch has an adverse camber - the road surface slanted away from the bend.  if LTA does nothing about it, such incidents will continue to happen. They have enough statistic to know how many accidents exactly on which spot, either  those guys are sloppy or, sleeping on the job. 

LTA will only take immediate action if there's a fatal accident, just like how PMDs were banned after a death occurred.

16 hours ago, Xers007 said:

hurry change car loh... this type of COE car only the price of a brand new B&B. I am sure this beng rich enough to change it straight away. 

Not only change Car,Coffin Shop Name also need to change.

15 hours ago, Stratovarius said:

Hmm... Still got people zhng bov? Lol. Thought most people go for diverter valve now. 

now is downshift crackle and pops..  the swish swish sound no longer in fashion.

• Haha! 2

8 hours ago, commonjunks said:

I am not sure when blaming the victim culture will stop, the biker who keena t-boned at traffic junction wouldn't be in this situation if SUV driver would have waited for his green light.
Now if you change that Grab guy with TP going for urgent incident, how will that make any difference?

We have this culture were we start calling those who have right of way to slow down or look out for some arshole who didn't bother waiting and dash across. Yes rider should have slowed down but even at 60 he would still have involved in accident, take away the license of car driver and make example to teach other drivers to wait till their traffic light is not turned green.

I have seen people turning right (even LTA have already changed turn light to red/green), because these people will never learn unless an example is set so other learn and fear from similar stunt.

How come no one comment on that point?

11 hours ago, Thaiyotakamli said:

Cant blame him thought he run over the bike. Though he should stop

Blame LTA for so many pot holes not patch that everyone thinks its normal. 🤯

• Haha! 2

36 minutes ago, Beanoyip said:

now is downshift crackle and pops..  the swish swish sound no longer in fashion.

thats a slippery slope, have to spend tons of money to create that after you tune and not cause CEL or kill the CAT.

Unless its stock and out of the box or have a tricked exos valve system installed.

10 hours ago, Atrecord said:

by my own estimate, about 30% of SG drivers are like this one. At traffic light, they must make full use of their precious time by looking at handphone, or resting their brains/eyes...
no need to look at the traffic light to see when it will turn green - cos they take the cue from the car next to them. you move, i move...

So this one, the car on the left got green turn can move, this one also move lor...

Reminds me of those B signal for bus to move off first at some traffic lights. Can see many cars take cue from others who move they also move, never ensure that the light is at their favour? So when they see the bus move off, they also move off without realising that it for B signal light.

• Praise 1

3 minutes ago, Sdf4786k said:

thats a slippery slope, have to spend tons of money to create that after you tune and not cause CEL or kill the CAT.

Unless its stock and out of the box or have a tricked exos valve system installed.

My Stock car has that 

• Praise 1

11 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

My Stock car has that 

Nice.. most itchy go and stage 1 and wipe out the crackle and pop.Then spend money on having it back, then screwed up with CAT failure, then spend more money to sort it out. Then fail emission. and the list goes on.

As they say Stock is best. 

Just now, Sdf4786k said:

Nice.. most itchy go and stage 1 and wipe out the crackle and pop.Then spend money on having it back, then screwed up with CAT failure, then spend more money to sort it out. Then fail emission. and the list goes on.

The only thing on my wishlist is Akra exos full system (downpipe to muffler)

9 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

The only thing on my wishlist is Akra exos full system (downpipe to muffler)

Yours is VAG or AMG?

51 minutes ago, Sdf4786k said:

Some just love hanging out at workshops...

• Haha! 4

11 hours ago, 13177 said:

Whatever the case, the civic driver should not be dreaming and more focus on his surrounding lo.

How come nowadays there are so many driver/rider simply just stop at a traffic and yet also can kana hit by others? 😓😓

sometimes we don't know what the driver is occupied with, maybe his mind is busy thinking about some thing else...eg like lost his job, financial issues, family issues...i experience this once, my mind was on something and almost cause an accident...

now with the economy like this...[:(]

Nevertheless, is not an excuse, pple lives at stake here!

42 minutes ago, Sdf4786k said:

yes ... stock is the best ... but not everyone can afford the breed of M or AMG wor ... lol

↡ Advertisement