Singapore Reckless Drivers Part VIII

RadX

2 minutes ago, Turboflat4 said:

Why you don't like the pop and crackle? 

Not nice...like Car ''misfiring''

↡ Advertisement

6 minutes ago, ER-3682 said:

Ok. I love it. AMG also got signature burble. All this is not really natural sounding. But I think it's nice. Lends a signature note.

My McLaren has zero pops, zero crackles, zero burbles that I can discern. I have been told flames can be seen on occasion from those driving behind me so it must be doing something, just that I can't hear it. But generally it's just loud as f**k (McLaren sports exhaust option). I would prefer something that sounds nice without waking up the whole neighbourhood when I want to take a night drive, like what's happening now. The BMW is of course much softer, but the crackles make it sound good enough for me when I get on it.

What tune did you go for? In your M240i. 

Edited by Turboflat4

17 minutes ago, ER-3682 said:

Can opt for the ak47 type of pops.. scare the shit out of the pedestrians 

Twincharged
1 hour ago, 13177 said:

Hangout at car showroom i can understand. But hang out at workshop? Go there do what? Lol.

58 minutes ago, Turboflat4 said:

Got lah. Especially tuner workshop. 

You go Monster Tune, R2D (the Rodney @inlinesixmentioned) and places like BKS for Subaru. Even places in Carros centre. Sure got enthusiasts gather and TCSS. BKS and Carros usually only those who got work to do for their cars cos in ulu places but more central places always got people gather for fun.

Carros Centre, many P cars (esp air-cooled ones) to feast my eyes on. Can also talk shop with other owners.

• Praise 1

Hypersonic
1 minute ago, Jellandross said:

CB driver rushing to meet his ancestors tsk tsk tsk

That's why I say cannot give chance to red light beaters. Cannot wait until they bang into someone to punish them. Too late liao

• Praise 4

1 hour ago, Beanoyip said:

Can opt for the ak47 type of pops.. scare the shit out of the pedestrians 

A few weeks ago came across a bmw5 with a 520d or 516d badge. Possibly a M5. The pops made me and wify thought rocks were dropping on my car roof!

• Haha! 2

8 minutes ago, Jellandross said:

This type should have their licence taken away. Almost kill someone and yet continued to beat the red light. 

• Praise 5

10 hours ago, Lightbringer said:

This "culture" is also known as being aware of your surroundings, take responsibility for your own safety, practising defensive driving/riding, etc. You can take your pick.

You can be damn well sure that when I'm driving around heavy vehicles, the last thing on my mind is asserting my right of way. Instead I would be actively scanning for threats because of the increased danger I find myself in and looking for the safest way to escape and get clear. If that means slowing down to a crawl or letting an a**hole driver have his way on the road - SO BE IT. 

Now in this case, which party suffered more losses and hurt? Obviously the biker who could be dead or even paralysed. So does it even matter now that "the biker who keena t-boned at traffic junction wouldn't be in this situation if SUV driver would have waited for his green light.", or crying about blaming the victim culture?

Right of way doesn't confers you or anybody else invulnerability to all damage types as commonly found in video games. A fact commonly forgotten or disregarded by spandex cyclists, gungho motorbike riders and arrogant jaywalking  

I can't agree more on defensive/responsible driving/riding.

But like what i asked earlier, how this situation could have unfold if an ambo motorbike or TP motorbike were approaching than grab motorbike (i am sure they were not going to crawl to halt to see if some dyck head was trying to cross if it was emergency).

Now if there was king kong lorry instead of bike, then it would spell some fatality in such situation.

We can argue till cow can come home, but i was trying to say

1- Ride/Drive responsibility.
2- Slow down while reaching junction (Even you can drive slow, but person behind you could be coming fast and wouldn't be able to slow in time).
3- Ban any driver who do similar stunt to cross without having clear view of oncoming traffic (regardless if he is sole breadwinner, he should know better if he made mistake it could be financial disaster for him).
4- Should not give a soft blow to those who cross in dangerous fashion and cause accident and get away by saying other party should also slow down (yes they should but then driver shouldn't cross if he is not aware what is there).

Stay safe.

• Praise 2

17 minutes ago, Jellandross said:

Not only he almost hit pedestrian but he ran red light after entire episode.

so 12 points for running red light, is there any points to drive dangerously and almost cause accident?

• Praise 2

2 hours ago, Mingsect said:

I am not sure about context of video but are they even allowed to cycle in such a big gathering?
If people ride/drive in such a gathering it be illegal, why is it not same for cycling?

14 minutes ago, Volvobrick said:

This type should have their licence taken away. Almost kill someone and yet continued to beat the red light. 

24 minutes ago, Jellandross said:

I have a feeling the Audi had pre sense braked for him.. rather than him stopping himself..

1 hour ago, Turboflat4 said:

Just had a major chain collision at Tour of Poland. 

One fella squeeze the other till he hit barrier. The injured fella now fighting for his life. Almost certain neurological damage for life. The squeezer has been DQed, pending serious disciplinary action, probably lifetime ban and maybe criminal and civil liability. 

Cycling at high speeds is *not* safe relative to driving a car. Especially competitive cycling. And even amateur cycling where a bunch of underskilled weekend warrior MAMIL leotard goondus try to race one another.🙄

Damn, just read the injured guy at Tour de Poland is in "comatose condition".
Hopefully he pulled through it.

• Sad 1

37 minutes ago, Jellandross said:

I don’t even think the driver braked himself. Probably this one kick in.

Audi pre sense front

The optional Audi pre sense front system, including predictive pedestrian protection, scans the road for other vehicles through the entire speed range and up to 65 km/h (40.4 mph) for pedestrians. On threat of a collision, the system warns the driver according to a graduated concept: If necessary, it initiates automatic partial braking, and depending on the situation full deceleration as well. Depending on the situation, a brake intervention can either completely avoid an accident or mitigate its severity thanks to a lower collision speed. If necessary, Audi pre sense basic also kicks in, initiating preventive measures to protect the occupants. The front seat belts are electrically tensioned, and the windows and the sunroof are closed.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3
  • Shocked 1