Singapore Reckless Drivers Part VIII

RadX

5 hours ago, Volvobrick said:

Most of the time the helmets flew off. Don't the bikers strap their helmets properly? 

Everybody Kay siao wear helmet buy ready to take off in an instance :grin:

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 1

2 hours ago, inlinesix said:

Since he cannot drive anymore, he will end up become Grab Delivery

Ride pmd bang pedestrain 

• Shocked 2
  • Haha! 1

3 hours ago, Jellandross said:

As usual using a car to take someone's life is the way to go.

Jail, 10-year driving ban for drunk driver who fled after fatally hitting elderly newspaper deliveryman

Read more at https://www.todayonline.com/singapore/jail-10-year-driving-ban-drunk-driver-who-fled-after-fatally-hitting-elderly-newspaper

2.jpg?itok=kq2zG8nV

I'd like to mention again that sg should take reference to tw law regarding drink driving resulting in death. Drink driving can be taken as intention to kill and penalty should be much much heavier. 

• Praise 5

9 minutes ago, Stratovarius said:

I'd like to mention again that sg should take reference to tw law regarding drink driving resulting in death. Drink driving can be taken as intention to kill and penalty should be much much heavier. 

but taiwan has a very very high occurrence of drunk driving, why ah?

even many taiwan artist and celebrity kena drunk driving and cause accident ... not all kena jail leh?

$$$ can settle with victim family ... 

Edited by Wt_know

48 minutes ago, Wt_know said:

but taiwan has a very very high occurrence of drunk driving, why ah?

even many taiwan artist and celebrity kena drunk driving and cause accident ... not all kena jail leh?

$$$ can settle with victim family ... 

It's their culture ba. They love to drink after work and drive home after that. Last year when I was there for biz trip, I was told the new law is death sentence for drink driving causing death. My vendors all either drink abit or don't drink during dinner with us. They seem to welcome this law as they feel drink driving is too rampant in tw.

Oh ya, there're checks at their carparks too. They dun use the inhaler thingy but will check for breath and dilate pupils. 

https://www.straitstimes.com/asia/east-asia/taiwan-mulls-death-penalty-for-drunk-driving

Edited by Stratovarius
Additional information
  • Praise 4

On 8/4/2020 at 7:44 AM, Philipkee said:

Actually I want to ask you all. 

Some constructions sites have their own traffic lights if you noticed.  Its powered by a car battery.  Are these legal traffic lights?

Cos I noticed before as a pedestrian that some are unattended and the lights just stay at red for the longest time until impatient cars start to just ignore.

And yes, I mean red for minutes on an empty stretch of road just outside a construction site with no one in attendance or even working nearby.

I agree. Sometimes I too free I got time I actually sit there and watch to see how long it will take to change..

I think the sbs bus driver was charged also for running over the motorcyclist right? The news article didnt elaborate what happened to that driver...

Just wondering - if the person on the road was already deceased before the bus run over, is it still considered hit and run? 

Edited by Ceecookie

38 minutes ago, Stratovarius said:

It's their culture ba. They love to drink after work and drive home after that. Last year when I was there for biz trip, I was told the new law is death sentence for drink driving causing death. My vendors all either drink abit or don't drink during dinner with us. They seem to welcome this law as they feel drink driving is too rampant in tw.

Oh ya, there're checks at their carparks too. They dun use the inhaler thingy but will check for breath and dilate pupils. 

https://www.straitstimes.com/asia/east-asia/taiwan-mulls-death-penalty-for-drunk-driving

The information you have was outdated.  There was new law put in place since March 1, 2020.

From Taiwan Police webby

https://www.npa.gov.tw/NPAGip/wSite/ct

一、無事故:機車駕駛人處新臺幣1萬5,000元以上9萬元以下罰鍰,汽車駕駛人處新臺幣3萬以上12萬以下罰鍰,吊扣駕照1-2年,並移置車輛;附載未滿12歲兒童或肇事使人受傷,並吊扣駕照2-4年,致人重傷或死亡吊銷其駕照,移置車輛,並不能再考領。

Death or Serious Injury is license suspension.  Cannot retake.

• Praise 1

3 hours ago, Mustank said:

Everybody Kay siao wear helmet buy ready to take off in an instance :grin:

Bang too hard also sometimes helmet comes off.

:grin:

• Haha! 5

16 minutes ago, Blueray said:

cam car's dashboard is so un-un-unbeleebable <_<

Bus is wrong. But i see at least two other  problems here in addition to the bus itself .

The road seems to be two lane but become three lanes after the short stretch  of chevron?  While  vehicles should not go into the chevron, the design nature indirectly encourages drivers to go over the chevron especially if the junction  is regularly jam. 

Cam car should have followed right behind the front car, but instead,  he filtered nearly 2/3 out of his lane towards the left, blocking the bus from using the chevron which is not supposed to.  When all the three happen at the same time, gone case.

Edited by Ct3833
  • Praise 1

On 8/7/2020 at 12:10 AM, commonjunks said:

I am not sure when blaming the victim culture will stop, the biker who keena t-boned at traffic junction wouldn't be in this situation if SUV driver would have waited for his green light.
Now if you change that Grab guy with TP going for urgent incident, how will that make any difference?

We have this culture were we start calling those who have right of way to slow down or look out for some arshole who didn't bother waiting and dash across. Yes rider should have slowed down but even at 60 he would still have involved in accident, take away the license of car driver and make example to teach other drivers to wait till their traffic light is not turned green.

I have seen people turning right (even LTA have already changed turn light to red/green), because these people will never learn unless an example is set so other learn and fear from similar stunt.

I agree with you on the punishment part. If you are referring to the CCK  accident, the bike was indeed too fast regardless he got into that accident or not. He was wrong in the way that the did not practice sufficient defensive riding to protect himself regardless the other party is correct or not. If he had slowed down, yes an accident might still happen, the car would  still be undeniably  wrong. but the biker himself would have suffered lesser pain and less serious injuries.  In my view, car was wrong but both parties are to be blamed.

If it is a TP on an urgent call, he would have lightly turned on his siren, therefore the car may not make his turn. The TP , i would expect, to also have practiced better defensive riding. If the same accident will to happen with a TP, there is no difference, the car is still wrong, outcome wise, TP would still be injured, no difference. 

15 minutes ago, Ct3833 said:

Bus is wrong. But i see at least two other  problems here in addition to the bus itself .

The road seems to be two lane but become three lanes after the short stretch  of chevron?  While  vehicles should not go into the chevron, the design nature indirectly encourages drivers to go over the chevron especially if the junction  is regularly jam. 

Cam car should have followed right behind the front car, but instead,  he filtered nearly 2/3 out of his lane towards the left, blocking the bus from using the chevron which is not supposed to.  When all the three happen at the same time, gone case.

looks like both cam car and bus did not anticipate the traffic volume ahead and were just finding ways to stay out of the yellow box.

• Praise 1

On 8/7/2020 at 9:09 PM, Wt_know said:

cheater will always be cheater ... dont think is due to covid

This thing.
Cheater don't get so pro on day one, looking at the way he was driving so close he would have done similar thing on a number of occasions.

18 hours ago, Beanoyip said:

All I can say is turn some more...lta has so much blood on their hands..

LTA have implemented red turn right on number of junctions but arseholes still running those red light (few days ago saw 2 cars and van ran on red right, but i was 2 cars away so can't submit their number plate).

These accidents will not magically disappear, appropriate punishment will deter people.
Ask those who run red light and scared of 12 points, just make 24 points for anyone crossing like this and see how quickly people will unlearn this practice.

• Praise 1

12 minutes ago, commonjunks said:

Now someone will comment he should have slowed down, this BS need to stop.

This one is still the damn bloody car's fault,  no excuse .  The CCK case happened on a single lane road, the bike was going too fast , though  it was still the car's fault.

Wishing the biker a speedy recovery.

Edited by Ct3833
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2