Singapore Reckless Drivers Part VIII

RadX

18 hours ago, Vid said:

Wong lah... the 2 cyclists on the left going Thomson Rd. The one in the middle going to Bartley Rd. No salah.

Wah good justification...

But hor the bartley road option is leading to a very high up single-lane flyover, which i think bicycle is not allowed... so must fine him anyhow :secret-laugh:

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 2

20 minutes ago, Fcw75 said:

Don't waste time on road hogger.

Whatever you do, they will not move to the next lane one. 

Can't agree more.

Couple of weeks ago on a Sunday morning,  was on KPE Lane 1, had a toyota CHR PHV blocking Lane 1 all the way upto sims avenue exit from the entrance of the tunnel (towards ECP)

I undertook the idiot after signalling my intention politely (right indicator on), flashed my headlight, and a gentle tap of the horn, he was totally unmoved.

After I passed him on the left, there was another driver who fought his way through to the front after repeatedly high beaming the hogger. 

I still could not get to understand what made the hogger stick to Lane 1 for so long ... may be some glue in his tyres which got stuck to Lane 1 or his steering failed that he couldn't move to his left.

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 2

7 minutes ago, Mrlancergtx said:

Can't agree more.

Couple of weeks ago on a Sunday morning,  was on KPE Lane 1, had a toyota CHR PHV blocking Lane 1 all the way upto sims avenue exit from the entrance of the tunnel (towards ECP)

I undertook the idiot after signalling my intention politely (right indicator on), flashed my headlight, and a gentle tap of the horn, he was totally unmoved.

After I passed him on the left, there was another driver who fought his way through to the front after repeatedly high beaming the hogger. 

I still could not get to understand what made the hogger stick to Lane 1 for so long ... may be some glue in his tyres which got stuck to Lane 1 or his steering failed that he couldn't move to his left.

Same experience as you. The one I encountered was a Nissan Qashqai. Before the entrance of the tunnel all the way to Sims Ave exit. Flashed headlight no response, followed closely no response.

They are not oblivious to cars behind them but their thinking is I am at the speed limit why should I move? Because when I found a chance to undertake him and passed him, he still looked at me when I stared at him...knn. 

Edited by Fcw75
  • Praise 1

Fatal accident  at TPE towards Punggol, involving red Suzuki Swift and a motorbike. Motorcyclist and pillion died

Edited by Raubern
  • Shocked 1
  • Sad 1

40 minutes ago, Mrlancergtx said:

Can't agree more.

You need to use your brakes while in front of the road hogger. A hard tap or slowing down at least by 40km/h will wake the driver up. 

Some cars come with flashing brake light - that is extra effective at them 😁

3 hours ago, Jellandross said:

Laws aside, many people don't understand that wanting a front car to give way is essentially asking him to do me a favour. I find higher probability of success if I "ask nicely" by following close enough behind for a distance and mostly front car will auto give way. The BMW was being an a**hole by tailgating and to be honest he deserved the outcome.

In life, do we prefer to lend a helping hand to someone who asked politely or a CB who open his smelly mouth to demand your help?

Some comments. I have driven on the right lane before at speed limit as always (I never speed hor... just in case got TP here) when I see a car coming up behind me.  NORMALLY i will then filter left ASAP to let him pass.  The problem is tailgaters with big cars.

1) They are so close they block my rear view mirror cos all i can see is their car.

2) They block my side mirror as well if their car is big.

3) when I filter left a little bit so that I can see, they flash their lights (not flicker but flash high beam) so I am  blinded

That's the problem.

Usually I will on my left signal light and hope the get the hint to back off a bit so that I can see and filter left.  Most get the hint.

Some don't.   So I speed up.  And they drive faster and carry on tail gating.....

And why am I on the right lane? Cos the middle lane has some goods vehicles.  

So yea if you want the car in front to filter left, flash a bit, keep a distance.  In malaysia I heard the drivers will signal RIGHT.  This would be the hint to the driver in front to get out of the way.  I feel this is a non offensive way of getting the message across without flashing the light or burning.  Of cos this only works if both drivers are reasonable.

Edited by Philipkee
  • Praise 4

Hypersonic
49 minutes ago, Mrlancergtx said:

Can't agree more.

Because when they buy the car, their SE told them the car sibeh good... drive lane 1 confirm no problem. From then on, they forever in lane 1 because driving in lane 2 and 3 their cars will have problems.

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 4

1 hour ago, Atrecord said:

Wah good justification...

But hor the bartley road option is leading to a very high up single-lane flyover, which i think bicycle is not allowed... so must fine him anyhow :secret-laugh:

Only Expressway is NOT allowed.

• Praise 1
  • Shocked 1

6 minutes ago, Philipkee said:

Some comments. I have driven on the right lane before at speed limit as always (I never speed hor... just in case got TP here) when I see a car coming up behind me.  NORMALLY i will then filter left ASAP to let him pass.  The problem is tailgaters with big cars.

1) They are so close they block my rear view mirror cos all i can see is their car.

2) They block my side mirror as well if their car is big.

3) when I filter left a little bit so that I can see, they flash their lights (not flicker but flash high beam) so I am  blinded

That's the problem.

Usually I will on my left signal light and hope the get the hint to back off a bit so that I can see and filter left.  Most get the hint.

Some don't.   So I speed up.  And they drive faster and carry on tail gating.....

And why am I on the right lane? Cos the middle lane has some goods vehicles.  

So yea if you want the car in front to filter left, flash a bit, keep a distance.  In malaysia I heard the drivers will signal RIGHT.  This would be the hint to the driver in front to get out of the way.  I feel this is a non offensive way of getting the message across without flashing the light or burning.  Of cos this only works if both drivers are reasonable.

For NA less than 2L, it is not advisable to drive on lane 1.  You don't enough torque to overtake or speed up.

If i see cars catching up from the back, i will speed up to overtake whatever on lane 2 without delay.

• Praise 3
  • Shocked 1

52 minutes ago, Raubern said:

Fatal accident  at TPE towards Punggol, involving red Suzuki Swift and a motorbike. Motorcyclist and pillion died

• Shocked 1

34 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

For NA less than 2L, it is not advisable to drive on lane 1.  You don't enough torque to overtake or speed up.

Not really true but I get your point. 

Cos i sat in a 2000 cc and their acceleration was like :a-panic::a-SOS::a-SOS:

But i have also sat in a 1400 cc and the acceleration was [jawdrop]

• Praise 1

9 minutes ago, Mingsect said:

"Hot" hatch car with stickers.... How come I jumped to conclusion it's the car driver that knocked down and killed the 2 unfortunate persons? 

Let's see if he will be the first to be jailed a few years. 

• Praise 1

4 hours ago, Beregond said:

ya totally understand where u coming at. there are indeed many bad tailgater who purposely tailgate even if the road situation dun allow them to overtake fast. for example expressway during peak hour, all 3-4 lanes full of vehicles , doing average 70. even if u   horn, flash ,tailgate on first lane, it not going to change anything,

but frankly speaking how to ask nicely? i flash a bit,' to me 'when i flash, i am asking nicely 'hello pls let me pass', i horn abit i mean the same thing.

but front driver might think differently , (in fact they alway think differently), cb horn simlj flash smlj , then brake check come, want to fight bababa.

i dun flash or horn abit,  i keep my distance, front car might thought ok, rear car want to do same speed he dun want go fast .

i go faster abit closer abit , front car think cb tailgate me for what.

u see what i am getting at. 

actually dun need law to state all these thing clearly, its in every 1 up bringing . u must have lilang spirit. no matter walking jogging cycling, taking lift, escaltor . u see ppl want to go pass u give way auto, dun need ppl ask . u gave way to ppl, ppl give way to u.

how u call it? the human way to do thing. ?

I agree w you. Somehow behaviors that's everyday courtesy will suddenly disappear once some ppl step into their car behind the false safety of anonymity. Its individual upbringing like you correctly stated. 

I stopped doing right signal or tap horn years ago since there's almost zero chance of success as ppl treat it as aggression. I'll simply undertake safely when a window present itself and be on my way. It helps immensely when I'm driving a higher hp car but still some hoggers will be unhappy and flash/horn at me although I can't see how a 80kmph hogging has any conflict with a 100kmph undertaking.

• Praise 3

2 hours ago, Volvobrick said:

"Hot" hatch car with stickers.... How come I jumped to conclusion it's the car driver that knocked down and killed the 2 unfortunate persons? 

Let's see if he will be the first to be jailed a few years. 

Let’s not be quick to judge. Need to find out what happened.

maybe another vehicle suddenly swerved into the bike’s way, the bike also swerved and hit the SSS, and the culprit vehicle just drove away?

RIP to the 2 folks and may due justice be served.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 7