Singapore Reckless Drivers Part VIII

RadX

35 minutes ago, Mingsect said:

The concept of this half cooked bus lane is screwed, it is inviting   accidents. While cam car is following rules, it is a very dangerous move to give way to the bus this way.   I will avoid going into such lanes as much as possible and I will give way to bus only when there is no car trailing me.

Edited by Ct3833
  • Praise 9

15 minutes ago, Ct3833 said:

The concept of this half cooked bus lane is screwed, it is inviting   accidents. While cam car is following rules, it is a very dangerous move to give way to the bus this way.   I will avoid going into such lanes as much as possible and I will give way to bus only when there is no car trailing me.

Everyday driving see all sort of arshole who are not gracious and don't like to slow down or stop for buses or anyone turning out from small roads.

I am pretty sure bus could be standing there for long time if not for that yellow box, It is similar way I have read comment if you slowly drive behind road hogger he will give way (never happen once).

• Praise 3

36 minutes ago, Ct3833 said:

You can don't give way to the Buses coming out,BUT if you crash into it,it is 100% your own fault,even if you crash into the Buses,any LTA Enforcement Officer stand there,take a Video down,you will get Fined $130.

• Praise 4

42 minutes ago, ER-3682 said:

You can don't give way to the Buses coming out,BUT if you crash into it,it is 100% your own fault,even if you crash into the Buses,any LTA Enforcement Officer stand there,take a Video down,you will get Fined $130.

Agree.

So the trick is to 1. Avoid the lane, 2. Go slow when one sees a bus is  about to come out from the bay, 3. If one has intention to stop and give way to bus, step and the brake many time to brink the brake lights to warn the vehicle behind before stopping. 

While we cannot fight the rules, we have to  ways to mitigate it.

• Praise 4

1 hour ago, commonjunks said:

Everyday driving see all sort of arshole who are not gracious and don't like to slow down or stop for buses or anyone turning out from small roads.

I am pretty sure bus could be standing there for long time if not for that yellow box, It is similar way I have read comment if you slowly drive behind road hogger he will give way (never happen once).

This is as I said, an implementation problem, fortunately the van could stop in time, otherwise both the van and cam car  would  be the victim of this flawed implementation. While a front car   can be conscious to give way, the subsequent cars like the van and  those behind the van may not because of the lack of visibility, the end result will be a rear end situation.  When driving in these lanes, we just have to be extra careful , driving BAU way is a no no.

• Praise 4

Supercharged
1 hour ago, commonjunks said:

Car driver decided to have faith and cross 2 lanes without clear view, Alas his faith was not strong enough.

Driver may have waved his intention to oncoming vehicles as he inches out to make the right turn. He never expected motor overtaking using opposite lane. Could have braked in time if he had been driving a van without a protruding hood.

18 minutes ago, Didu said:

Driver may have waved his intention to oncoming vehicles as he inches out to make the right turn. He never expected motor overtaking using opposite lane. Could have braked in time if he had been driving a van without a protruding hood.

He was making a rash act, there was no yellow box on the floor, he should not have  moved out with  so little visibility.  If the road is congested, he should have either waited or turned left to find a suitable  u-turn further down the road .

Edited by Ct3833
  • Praise 6

1 hour ago, Macrosszero said:

Another driver posting a self-pawning video.

Many people like that, in the wrong still want to post beedeos thinking the rest of the world would sympathize with stupid peoples like them..... Little do they know they would be providing a good laugh for us. 

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 2

Supercharged
38 minutes ago, Ct3833 said:

He was making a rash act, there was no yellow box on the floor, he should not have  moved out with  so little visibility.  If the road is congested, he should have either waited or turned left to find a suitable  u-turn further down the road .

Driver could have taken another route, and make the right turn from Kim Keat Lane instead. The junction at Kim Keat Lane has yellow box.

• Praise 2

19 hours ago, Ysc3 said:

Die die must turn! 

Quick thinking and fast reaction by taxi driver to claim his holiday.

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 6

1 hour ago, Ct3833 said:

This thing.

Most of the people have no patience and then blame motorbike of coming out of no where, I know motorbike was wrong and made stupid decision (but when are they sane).

↡ Advertisement