Singapore Reckless Drivers Part VIII

RadX

2 minutes ago, Vinceng said:

I think the authorities hesitate to remove the discretionary right turn as it would hold up traffic and reduce the number of vehicles that can clear the junction at each green wave. It's a good system but has its negative points attributed to human error and impatience.

Discretionary right turn should be removed and intelligent traffic management system can be introduced.

The only issue is Drivers here are mostly NOT GOOD with change.

↡ Advertisement

3 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

Discretionary right turn should be removed and intelligent traffic management system can be introduced.

The only issue is Drivers here are mostly NOT GOOD with change.

It's the reckless/c0ck drivers.  Just take away their licenses for 1 year everytime they are caught beating traffic lights/making a dangerous right turn.  The rest will guai guai drive carefully.

Like so many cutting across double white lines every day everywhere. Even if caught, sap sap sui fine. Won't hurt a bit.

• Praise 1

Just now, Volvobrick said:

It's the reckless/c0ck drivers.  Just take away their licenses for 1 year everytime they are caught beating traffic lights/making a dangerous right turn.  The rest will guai guai drive carefully.

Like so many cutting across double white lines every day everywhere. Even if caught, sap sap sui fine. Won't hurt a bit.

Discretionary right turn is passe.

1 minute ago, inlinesix said:

Discretionary right turn is passe.

Only for those who should not drive in the first place.  Better don't drive if they can't even know whether it is safe or not to turn.

• Praise 2

Just now, Volvobrick said:

Only for those who should not drive in the first place.  Better don't drive if they can't even know whether it is safe or not to turn.

Looks like you are stuck in stone age without proper understanding of intelligent traffic management system.

Just now, inlinesix said:

Looks like you are stuck in stone age without proper understanding of intelligent traffic management system.

Whatever you say.... you can assume only you know about intelligent systems.  Makes no difference if drivers are stupid/reckless/incompetent BTW.

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

5 minutes ago, Volvobrick said:

Whatever you say.... you can assume only you know about intelligent systems.  Makes no difference if drivers are stupid/reckless/incompetent BTW.

There is NO WAY to remove so call stupid/reckless/incompetent drivers (unless you volunteer to be Transport or Home Minister).

On the other hand, removal of discretionary right turn will remove judgement from driver.

Removal of judgement from driver is safer than allowing drivers taking unnecessary risk.

In addition, intelligent traffic management will reduce traffic chokepoint.

Edited by inlinesix

12 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

There is NO WAY to remove so call stupid/reckless/incompetent drivers (unless you volunteer to be Transport or Home Minister).

On the other hand, removal of discretionary right turn will remove judgement from driver.

Removal of judgement from driver is safer than allowing drivers taking unnecessary risk.

In addition, intelligent traffic management will reduce traffic chokepoint.

might as well not let people drive, if you are so intent on removing judgement.

maybe need to remove zebra crossings  and left turn while pedestrians are crossing too,  need judgement and  discretion here too.  Drivers in Singapore cannot be allowed to use judgement. Best is to build a overhead pedestrian bridge for every crossing and junction.

Edited by Mkl22
  • Haha! 3

15 minutes ago, Mkl22 said:

maybe need to remove zebra crossings  and left turn while pedestrians are crossing too,  need judgement and  discretion here too.  Drivers in Singapore cannot be allowed to use judgement. Best is to build a overhead pedestrian bridge for every crossing and junction.

I agree with your suggestion.

Edited by inlinesix

34 minutes ago, Mkl22 said:

Speaking of zebra crossings, nowadays when you stand at the zebra crossing waiting for cars to stop, hardly can find any cars stop de. Even the drivers can see that someone is trying to cross the road. [sweatdrop] Think they should remove all zebra crossing with pedestrian light crossing?! Lol.

Edited by 13177

1 minute ago, 13177 said:

Speaking of zebra crossings, nowadays when you stand at the zebra crossing waiting for cars to stop, hardly can find any cars stop de. [sweatdrop] Think they should remove all zebra crossing with pedestrian lights crossing?! Lol.

bring some rotten eggs and throw it at those who don't stop. safer and more fun then testing if they will stop or not with your body. 😁

• Haha! 1

1 hour ago, Mkl22 said:

Removing the drivers 100% remove their judgements.

But they will still cause roar accidents by being cyclists/pedestrians/PMD riders. Can't outlaw stupidity. 

• Haha! 5

That's why whenever i see cars stray towards me I'll blast long horn. Better hurt their fewlings than to hurt my own car.

Edited by Jellandross
  • Praise 6

On 10/11/2020 at 12:48 PM, Actan72 said:

I think lta can remove the double white lines liao 

Yeah instead of double white lines

just put a concrete road divider lah.

Why road planners never use their brains one?

:grin:

On 10/11/2020 at 12:18 PM, Volvobrick said:

Many people like that, in the wrong still want to post beedeos thinking the rest of the world would sympathize with stupid peoples like them..... Little do they know they would be providing a good laugh for us. 

Yeah I hope they don't stop posting these videos.

I find them very entertaining.

:grin:

↡ Advertisement