Singapore Reckless Drivers Part VIII

RadX

9 minutes ago, ER-3682 said:

Mercedes Benz Air Brake Seldom fail.

I thought the wheels of a  bus/truck will get locked up when the brake system fail?

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

7 hours ago, Atrecord said:

Wah... m113 drifting is v easy. Step pedal many many then suddenly pull one of the driving sticks then can liao...

Surprised that you mentioned XY women n m113 though. Simi logic? Real XX or those XY that looks XX? When I was in NS, armour got 2 charbos in SOA on course. In m113, the SOP is must do overturning drill everytime before move off... >30 yr later I'm still wondering how it's like to have them around when doing the drill 🤭

I also dunno good women driver personally. A former head of sociology in NUS once advised me never to try to teach my wife/gf how to drive. He said he made that mistake...

We had LGBT drivers then.  Most of them drifters can slide down hill. Slight yaw to the side very cool hor.

• Haha! 1

11 hours ago, mersaylee said:

Had one ex colleague drove manual STI with high heels to work...good or not I donno... I'd prefer she sits on my kah tui 😁

Ha ha my wife did that last time

10 hours ago, sake said:

Insurance is usually for 1 driver only.

If wife or child want to drive, need to top up insurance premium, which can be quite substantial.

Insurance is usually for 1 driver for supercars only? Cos normal cars usually for not for 1 driver only.

But for supercars, if they can afford a supercar, I don't think any top up will be considered substantial to them.

• Praise 1

10 hours ago, Ct3833 said:

Called Named driver. If the person drives a lot, then it is better to pay  for named driver ..about 10% more maybe, I didn't check but I opted for it. 

Named driver will be cheaper instead of more expensive if you are comparing against those any driver insurance.

But if your insurance is a named driver insurance and only you can drive then you add another driver will be more expensive than only you can drive. But should still be cheaper than any driver insurance.

7 hours ago, Yewheng said:

Just sway.. From the Facebook comments.. It seems like the bus brake failed.. And the bus driver was trying to pull handbrake but a little bit too late.. Lucky the bus driver is travelling quite slow speed. 

I agree. From the video it seems like the bus driver couldn't activate the brake

7 minutes ago, Calvin8808 said:

Insurance is usually for 1 driver for supercars only? Cos normal cars usually for not for 1 driver only.

But for supercars, if they can afford a supercar, I don't think any top up will be considered substantial to them.

Wa thanks.. So rich guy spotted.. There are many rich people also surfing MCF.. Haha

7 hours ago, Hamburger said:

Modern bus where got pull hand brake? I could be wrong though. 

I thought he was trying to pick up something from the floor and was distracted. 

Seems like can his leg action trying to keep stepping on the brakes when he lean to one side before he crash. It doesn't seems like he was distracted. It seems like he was trying very hard to stop the bus. But I could be wrong.  

Internal Moderator
15 hours ago, Calvin8808 said:

Don't like that. 

I have met 2 so far. One is my wife (I trained her from before she passed her driving test till she no longer a P-plate last time - not the conventional way though) and the other is my good friend.

Is your wife tracking you at MCF?

Hahhahaha.

11 hours ago, sake said:

Insurance is usually for 1 driver only.

If wife or child want to drive, need to top up insurance premium, which can be quite substantial.

My wife is named driver.  As named driver, the excess is the same as owner.

I am not driving supercar.

8 hours ago, Vinceng said:

image.png.6f4871d754cc8489a351df3d866ba049.png

what a bloody ass, this shit lambo driver. still wanna play punk... hope he/she meets a king kong that brings it to the scrapyard...

what for need to cut queue to turn right? go straight turn right at the next junction, will reach the same road too.

• Praise 3

1 hour ago, Datsun366 said:

We had LGBT drivers then.  Most of them drifters can slide down hill. Slight yaw to the side very cool hor.

this type hard ground drift not so much liao. if on sand/gravel (dun say mud...), then drift even more... and if use the pivot steer, lagi steady...

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 1

9 hours ago, Hamburger said:

Modern bus where got pull hand brake? I could be wrong though. 

I thought he was trying to pick up something from the floor and was distracted. 

Got, for the Mercedes Citaro the hand brake is located below, need to lean forward and bend down to pull it

• Praise 2

22 minutes ago, Stooky said:

Got, for the Mercedes Citaro the hand brake is located below, need to lean forward and bend down to pull it

When I took bus in my teens, I noticed that bus then was with the handbrake mounted beside the steering wheel and engaged at a flick of the wrist. 

18 minutes ago, Hamburger said:

When I took bus in my teens, I noticed that bus then was with the handbrake mounted beside the steering wheel and engaged at a flick of the wrist. 

That's like 30 years ago.  You need to get updated now

• Haha! 4

1 hour ago, inlinesix said:

That's like 30 years ago.  You need to get updated now

Well, vehicle ergonomic never cease to improve. That much I believe. 

↡ Advertisement