Singapore Reckless Drivers Part VIII

RadX

14 hours ago, Fcw75 said:

Look right but never look left.

I think it’s the lorry fault right?

Confirm lorry fault.. yellow box on 1 side doesn't mean other side also got invisible yellow box where cars stop for you automatically..

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3

6 hours ago, Thaiyotakamli said:

Whenever theres no kerb, thats when u can do U turn😂

Indonesia,have Curb also ''Flatten'' by some People,so that they could get Rp 500-1,000 from Motorists that need that ''U-Turn''.

• Haha! 1

1 hour ago, Beanoyip said:

Uh really? I thought it was supposed to help prevent front end collisions if the driver can't react fast enough or dreaming.. 

Very intrusive. Overly sensitive. Would brake unnecessarily even for some road humps etc. From a driver's perspective, it worsened the experience while not adding to safety.

• Shocked 1

Just now, Turboflat4 said:

Very intrusive. Overly sensitive. Would brake unnecessarily even for some road humps etc. From a driver's perspective, it worsened the experience while not adding to safety.

Wah muz be damn bad calibration 

• Praise 2

Just now, Turboflat4 said:

Surprising to hear this from the German technology, how long is this you are talking about? I hope it is during  the initial  implementations, can't be that bad considering the technology is widely used in  the automotive  industry now.

• Praise 1

14 minutes ago, Ct3833 said:

Surprising to hear this from the German technology, how long is this you are talking about? I hope it is during  the initial  implementations, can't be that bad considering the technology is widely used in  the automotive  industry now.

I had my AMG GT from new at mid 2016 and sold it April 2018.

These "driver aids" come on by default when the car is power cycled. Turning them off must be done via nested menus every time, and it was a pain on the COMAND (no typo) system. 

First time the damn thing engaged was in my neighbourhood, when I was approaching a road hump quite fast. I know the road very well and could brake in time without issue with the AMG brakes, but it preempted me and the whole car juddered suddenly. It was so unpleasant that I actually contacted my SE to ask what was going on, and she assured me it was "normal". 

The very first thing I did after that was figure out how to turn it off - which proved inconvenient as I said. 

I just found it unnecessarily over-reactive. It didn't save me once as I was poised to react appropriately in every situation where it came in and pre-braked for me.

It's like the well-meaning but clumsy and artless friend who comes in and messes up your plans because he didn’t know you had the situation well in control in the first place. 

It may have a place in the non-AMG models but they shouldn't have turned it on by default in the high performance models, especially the "near supercar" ones like the GT series. Unnecessary automated braking can theoretically unsettle the car in a corner, and I'm not sure whether they considered this adequately in the design. 

Edited by Turboflat4
  • Praise 1
  • Shocked 1

8 hours ago, Hubwee said:

Most likely to be an Indonesian driver ... cos that’s how we all drove in Jakarta years back ... 

die die must turn!! cannot go straight and make u turn?[:|]

47 minutes ago, Turboflat4 said:

These "driver aids" come on by default when the car is power cycled. Turning them off must be done via nested menus every time, and it was a pain on the COMAND (no typo) system. 

First time the damn thing engaged was in my neighbourhood, when I was approaching a road hump quite fast. I know the road very well and could brake in time without issue with the AMG brakes, but it preempted me and the whole car juddered suddenly. It was so unpleasant that I actually contacted my SE to ask what was going on, and she assured me it was "normal". 

The very first thing I did after that was figure out how to turn it off - which proved inconvenient as I said. 

I just found it unnecessarily over-reactive. It didn't save me once as I was poised to react appropriately in every situation where it came in and pre-braked for me.

It's like the well-meaning but clumsy and artless friend who comes in and messes up your plans because he didn’t know you had the situation well in control in the first place. 

It may have a place in the non-AMG models but they shouldn't have turned it on by default in the high performance models, especially the "near supercar" ones like the GT series. Unnecessary automated braking can theoretically unsettle the car in a corner, and I'm not sure whether they considered this adequately in the design. 

Such features when malfunction or overly intrusive can cause more issues than its well intended purposes. 

Just like my colleague's AEB that kicked in for no good reason. It is a Mitsubishi Eclipse Cross, probably 3 y.o.  He told me it was rather aggressive. One such instance was when a motorbike was way ahead of him and he never expected the AEB to be activated. Understand his vehicle the AEB can be set for different distances but I am wondering if all these driver aids need to be recalibrated or re-zeroed at certain intervals by the manufacturers. 

Cannot imagine this happens on a busy expressway. 

• Praise 3

1 hour ago, Turboflat4 said:

Marketing dept 1
Engineering dept 0

...becos how can that box in the AMG spec sheet not tick while the non ones do? 😁

• Haha! 2

7 minutes ago, Spidey10 said:

These drivers will do whatever it takes to inconvenient other motorist.. have zero EQ..

8 minutes ago, mersaylee said:

Marketing dept 1
Engineering dept 0

...becos how can that box in the AMG spec sheet not tick while the non ones do? 😁

Exactly... 

1 hour ago, Spidey10 said:

Many drivers die die must turn, must change lane, must do last minute exit etc on the road de. So if other drivers not focus enough or drive too fast, then accident sure will happen due to these idiot drivers.

• Praise 2

1 hour ago, Beanoyip said:

Taxi kena a ear full from cam car...

The cam car will sabotage himself if he reports this to the authorities as he was obviously exceeding the 50km/h legal speed limit. He was going at least 70km/h. 

And if one has time to react by pressing the horn in a continuous manner , it means there's more than sufficient reaction time to brake efficiently.

• Praise 1

33 minutes ago, Neutrino said:

Gotta pick up fare.

That's more important than driving safely.

It's a natural instinct. More so in this pandemic when earnings are hit badly.

The taxi driver did signal, although at last minute notice. But the car travelling behind the taxi was travelling at an excessive speed beyond the legal limit. He's over reacting & emotional.

1 hour ago, Vinceng said:

It's a natural instinct. More so in this pandemic when earnings are hit badly.

The taxi driver did signal, although at last minute notice. But the car travelling behind the taxi was travelling at an excessive speed beyond the legal limit. He's over reacting & emotional.

No lah taxi driver eat lane then remember to signal after he saw got car coming. This is a bad habit found in cabbies. They dont like to signal before, they like to say got signal. Some even manage one flash before changing lane. Like flashing signal will kill them or they are oddballs who jerk around on the roads.

Understand that living is harder for cab drivers, back a few years before grab/uber, no hew the roadside hailing. Most if not all cab drivers would have continued on ignoring the hail.

Precisely because it is harder, cab drivers have to be conscientious in their driving or change jobs.

I sure cab drivers can do it and get rid of their bad habits. Or change jobs.

If the errant cabbies want their cake and eat it, LTA has to remind the cab companies via hefty fines.

• Praise 7

9 minutes ago, Datsun366 said:

No lah taxi driver eat lane then remember to signal after he saw got car coming. This is a bad habit found in cabbies. They dont like to signal before, they like to say got signal. Some even manage one flash before changing lane. Like flashing signal will kill them or they are oddballs who jerk around on the roads.

Understand that living is harder for cab drivers, back a few years before grab/uber, no hew the roadside hailing. Most if not all cab drivers would have continued on ignoring the hail.

Precisely because it is harder, cab drivers have to be conscientious in their driving or change jobs.

I sure cab drivers can do it and get rid of their bad habits. Or change jobs.

If the errant cabbies want their cake and eat it, LTA has to remind the cab companies via hefty fines.

Well said. And I can understand you now. 😂

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 4