Singapore Reckless Drivers Part VIII

RadX

1 hour ago, Vinceng said:

The cam car will sabotage himself if he reports this to the authorities as he was obviously exceeding the 50km/h legal speed limit. He was going at least 70km/h. 

And if one has time to react by pressing the horn in a continuous manner , it means there's more than sufficient reaction time to brake efficiently.

Yes cam car over reacting..enough time to brake but just want to vent his anger.

Using vulgarities at others...fine him

↡ Advertisement

2 hours ago, Vinceng said:

It's a natural instinct. More so in this pandemic when earnings are hit badly.

The taxi driver did signal, although at last minute notice. But the car travelling behind the taxi was travelling at an excessive speed beyond the legal limit. He's over reacting & emotional.

Taxi drivers always like to suddenly change lane to pick up passenger or stop suddenly to pick up/dropped passenger without looking out for others road user la. Thats why most accident happened confirmed would involved with a taxi. <_<

• Praise 1

3 minutes ago, 13177 said:

Taxi drivers always like to suddenly change lane to pick up passenger or stop suddenly to pick up/dropped passenger without looking out for others road user la. Thats why most accident happened confirmed would involved with a taxi. <_<

Same with PHV who get a ping about a new job and then cut lanes or illegal turns to get into the right direction to get there. 

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

2 hours ago, Cj12329 said:

Yes cam car over reacting..enough time to brake but just want to vent his anger.

Using vulgarities at others...fine him

hello taxi driver

• Haha! 3

26 minutes ago, Calvin8808 said:

If teksi is King Kong lorry, cam car also won't dare 🤣

If both is King Kong lorry how? :grin:

think is clash of the Titans :XD:

• Haha! 1

7 hours ago, Turboflat4 said:

I had my AMG GT from new at mid 2016 and sold it April 2018.

These "driver aids" come on by default when the car is power cycled. Turning them off must be done via nested menus every time, and it was a pain on the COMAND (no typo) system. 

First time the damn thing engaged was in my neighbourhood, when I was approaching a road hump quite fast. I know the road very well and could brake in time without issue with the AMG brakes, but it preempted me and the whole car juddered suddenly. It was so unpleasant that I actually contacted my SE to ask what was going on, and she assured me it was "normal". 

The very first thing I did after that was figure out how to turn it off - which proved inconvenient as I said. 

I just found it unnecessarily over-reactive. It didn't save me once as I was poised to react appropriately in every situation where it came in and pre-braked for me.

It's like the well-meaning but clumsy and artless friend who comes in and messes up your plans because he didn’t know you had the situation well in control in the first place. 

It may have a place in the non-AMG models but they shouldn't have turned it on by default in the high performance models, especially the "near supercar" ones like the GT series. Unnecessary automated braking can theoretically unsettle the car in a corner, and I'm not sure whether they considered this adequately in the design. 

Many vehicles now come with it. The xtrail we have, also has it. I've so far managed to avoid it activating fully on me, but has reached the stage where it sounds the alert warning, plus show the 'Danger' sign on the dash. These instances were either i was already about to brake, with my foot on the brake pedal already - or it's because the road was a bit uneven, to the point that the sensor detected it as an obstacle.

I've heard a couple of fellow owners who complained that there was one stretch of T3 (not T4 🤣) near one carpark entrance that has such uneven ground, and their cars braked on them there! Anyway, after about a year of ownership, Tan Chong during the routine free servicing, did something to the software as a result of the feedback. For others who were no longer servicing there, i understand TC recalled the cars to do the same adjustment.

There were also a couple of complained the brake activated in carpark when making turns that were tight...

On the plus side, a few owners said the AEB had indeed saved them before when they were not paying attention - mostly in carparks - and missed seeing vehicles suddenly appearing (don't ask me why...).

Guess got both pros and cons...

• Praise 3

5 hours ago, Neutrino said:

Gotta pick up fare.

That's more important than driving safely.

All those roaches on SG roach vigilante were slamming the cam car for speeding. Oh, and also honking too long. 😂😂😂

Roaches will be roaches. By my estimation, the demographic breakdown of SG Road Vigilante's active users (excluding those who criticise their power-tripping, perpetually frustrated police reject c*nt of an admin and quickly get banned haha) is something like:

30 percent terrible slow and unsafe drivers (yes, slow can be unsafe) 

20 percent non-drivers

50 percent motorbikers more interested in criticising other vehicle types while defending their own crotch rockets

...and...

100 percent retards. 🤣🤣🤣

Edited by Turboflat4
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 2

16 minutes ago, Mustank said:

If both is King Kong lorry how? :grin:

think is clash of the Titans :XD:

Heard of 

The Big Bang Theory?

That's how the universe began... 😆

• Haha! 3

On 10/18/2020 at 3:04 PM, Ysc3 said:

whose fault ?

Some people die die must cross as they see yellow box and think it is ok to go without stopping before jumping in next lane.

Yesterday a guy forcing his way to cross from yellow box, blocking SBS bus and have no visibility of anyone coming from right. I could see two blue cab approaching from right but he couldn't, I don't know if I should horn him to alert him (if horn and he move and get involved in accident then it is my fault, if I don't alert him then it is my conscious which would bother me if he got involved in accident). At the end I just let him do as he wished, bus driver didn't alert him about TAXI approaching. At the end he was successful in crossing without any accident.

LTA should also remove these yellow boxes and change to controller traffic light, to many stupid people are driving on road and play with innocents life doing such stunts.

• Haha! 1

3 minutes ago, Atrecord said:

Many vehicles now come with it. The xtrail we have, also has it. I've so far managed to avoid it activating fully on me, but has reached the stage where it sounds the alert warning, plus show the 'Danger' sign on the dash. These instances were either i was already about to brake, with my foot on the brake pedal already - or it's because the road was a bit uneven, to the point that the sensor detected it as an obstacle.

I've heard a couple of fellow owners who complained that there was one stretch of T3 (not T4 🤣) near one carpark entrance that has such uneven ground, and their cars braked on them there! Anyway, after about a year of ownership, Tan Chong during the routine free servicing, did something to the software as a result of the feedback. For others who were no longer servicing there, i understand TC recalled the cars to do the same adjustment.

There were also a couple of complained the brake activated in carpark when making turns that were tight...

On the plus side, a few owners said the AEB had indeed saved them before when they were not paying attention - mostly in carparks - and missed seeing vehicles suddenly appearing (don't ask me why...).

Guess got both pros and cons...

Yes, exec summary is that these driver aids help bad drivers but hinder good ones. 

My solution is easier, cheaper and more secure, just cull the bad drivers from the roads and save on the R&D of all these fancy aids. 😂

• Haha! 2

2 minutes ago, Atrecord said:

Heard of 

The Big Bang Theory?

That's how the universe began... 😆

"You're in my spot. 

Bazinga!" 😁

3 minutes ago, Turboflat4 said:

All those roaches on SG roach vigilante were slamming the cam car for speeding. Oh, and also honking too long. 😂😂😂

Roaches will be roaches. By my estimation, the demographic breakdown of SG Road Vigilante's active users (excluding those who criticise their power-tripping, perpetually frustrated police reject c*nt of an admin and quickly get banned haha) is something like:

30 percent terrible slow and unsafe drivers (yes, slow can be unsafe) 

20 percent non-drivers

50 percent motorbikers more interested in criticising other vehicle types while defending their own crotch rockets

...and...

100 percent retards. 🤣🤣🤣

20 percent is too low, make it like 85%.
All those people who make stupid comments without understanding lose of life should not be given license at all.

Yesterday going towards Jurong was very puzzled on why traffic is jam, keep driving and later found this arshole driving below 90 and hogging 1st lane and other lanes were block by heavy vehicles/trucks/lorries/bikes. At first I wanted to horn him but I just undertook him, saw in my mirror he was still hogging 1st lane with long queue behind.
All these dycks should be given warning on hogging and next time should just suspend their license.

• Praise 1

7 minutes ago, Etnt said:

not to mention some slow drivers that transform into racers after you undertake them.

Can't agree more.

Number of times 1st lane going at same speed as 2nd lane (even 2nd lane went faster) and when try to speed and undertake lane 1 he quickly speed up.

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 1

52 minutes ago, commonjunks said:

20 percent is too low, make it like 85%.
All those people who make stupid comments without understanding lose of life should not be given license at all.

Yesterday going towards Jurong was very puzzled on why traffic is jam, keep driving and later found this arshole driving below 90 and hogging 1st lane and other lanes were block by heavy vehicles/trucks/lorries/bikes. At first I wanted to horn him but I just undertook him, saw in my mirror he was still hogging 1st lane with long queue behind.
All these dycks should be given warning on hogging and next time should just suspend their license.

Aiyoh hoggers are like daily routine almost everyday encounter one. 

I also undertake. If cannot I meditate in the car, trying to be Zen and not do stupid thing emotionally. I also @&%$# in the car to let off my surplus bodily pressure since my car no BOV. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 1