Singapore Reckless Drivers Part VIII

RadX

1 hour ago, Kklee said:

IMHO.

IIRC,  BlueSG charging is time based.  Time is $.    Chiong ah ! 
Then you have infrequent red plate - no experience.
Then you have taxi and PHV - fatigue.

Not all red plate owners are inexperienced. It is a big stereotype , MCF has many car owners who have their second car as a red plate.

Others, who work in the city and are desk bound don't drive to work as well, and it makes perfect sense for them to have a red plate car. It costs an arm and a leg to park a car in the city, especially if the job is desk bound....

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

38 minutes ago, Atrecord said:

i suspect at least some of them, are newer drivers who do not want to spend too much $$ to buy their own car, cos they worried will waste money for repairs/claims, so they figured better go rent car to drive first instead...

My daughter is bugging me to sponsor her to get a driving licence becos “a lot“ of her frens are getting theirs in order to drive these mini cars...they find it cheaper than expenses on riding phv... 

I told my girl I won’t...her life is worth much more than the meagre savings...

what I didn’t tell her is 不要害人害己和我的钱包😂

• Praise 2
  • Shocked 1
  • Haha! 11

19 minutes ago, Mrlancergtx said:

Not all red plate owners are inexperienced. It is a big stereotype , MCF has many car owners who have their second car as a red plate.

Others, who work in the city and are desk bound don't drive to work as well, and it makes perfect sense for them to have a red plate car. It costs an arm and a leg to park a car in the city, especially if the job is desk bound....

Perhaps I should have made it clearer that I am referring to the drivers. 

• Praise 1

18 minutes ago, mersaylee said:

My daughter is bugging me to sponsor her to get a driving licence becos “a lot“ of her frens are getting theirs in order to drive these mini cars...they find it cheaper than expenses on riding phv... 

Cheaper to rent those bluesg car than taking PHV? Really? :o Donkey years ago i joined those car sharing scheme, dont find it cheap if drive for long period and long distance lo.

How come your daughter needs to drive those bluesg cars le? Even after she got her driving licence, she can drive her lao beh's car what? [laugh]

• Haha! 5

Twincharged
44 minutes ago, mersaylee said:

my 19 year old girl is just the opposite.

got her driving license in July but she prefers to take the MRT even though there is a car available for her use.

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 2

1 hour ago, commonjunks said:

fixed.thumb.jpg.c86ffc478a12c71c80fded5099fc955e.jpg

no wonder the driver had no steering, i thought police force has gone driverless🤣

Edited by Ct3833
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 5

1 hour ago, sake said:

got her driving license in July but she prefers to take the MRT even though there is a car available for her use.

You’ve taught her well. Sensible and nature early. Mine is facepalm every other day on the want vs need...

• Praise 1
  • Shocked 1

1 hour ago, sake said:

Aiyo, waste money getting driving licence liao? Lol. Actually after obtained licence, must constantly drive one, if not eventually might become 'scare' to drive. Got chance and got car, must drive even for short distance.

• Praise 7

2 hours ago, Mrlancergtx said:

If it's a second car you are right they may still be experienced.

But if work in city and desk bound thus make perfect sense not to drive to work...then still inexperienced?

Bro Mrlancergtx said they are inexperienced, he did not say they can't afford or etc...

• Praise 2

1 hour ago, sake said:

8 minutes ago, 13177 said:

Aiyo, waste money getting driving licence liao? Lol. Actually after obtained licence, must constantly drive one, if not eventually might become 'scare' to drive. Got chance and got car, must drive even for short distance.

In a way I agree, should encourage her to drive and not lose the skill and confidence.

I always tell my daughter don't be afraid to try, must be confident and don't be scare.

• Praise 3

1 hour ago, sake said:

Adopt me please

I promise to use the available car very often 🤩

• Haha! 8

Twincharged
33 minutes ago, mersaylee said:

You’ve taught her well. Sensible and nature early. Mine is facepalm every other day on the want vs need...

20 minutes ago, 13177 said:

10 minutes ago, Calvin8808 said:

In a way I agree, should encourage her to drive and not lose the skill and confidence.

I always tell my daughter don't be afraid to try, must be confident and don't be scare.

she is spoilt and pampered. 

just that for some reasons, she and her friends find public transport more convenient.

i try to make her drive whenever we go out together.

• Praise 2

12 minutes ago, sake said:

just that for some reasons, she and her friends find public transport more convenient.

Actually my two children drive...one drives me nuts while the other drives me up the wall...🤪

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 13

2 hours ago, mersaylee said:

buy a car for her then no need scared

also no need scared she go learn bike

• Praise 2
  • Shocked 1

13 minutes ago, sake said:

You guys are like late forties (if married early) to mid fifties? 

My son only 13 yo.  I hope can hang on to my manual car so next time he can try it 😏

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 3

Twincharged
17 minutes ago, Phluvcat said:

You guys are like late forties (if married early) to mid fifties? 

My son only 13 yo.  I hope can hang on to my manual car so next time he can try it 😏

i am only young at heart! 😎