Singapore Reckless Drivers Part VIII

RadX

2 minutes ago, sake said:

she is spoilt and pampered. 

just that for some reasons, she and her friends find public transport more convenient.

i try to make her drive whenever we go out together.

When a person likes to take public transport, they would tell you it is more convenient than driving. Then if you ask a person who drive, then the person would say driving is more convenient than public transport?! [:p]

Good to make her drive but dont force her, if not she might get too stressful and might become road hazard. [sweatdrop]

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

40 minutes ago, wlalala said:

buy a car for her then no need scared

also no need scared she go learn bike

Exactly. 50% of all traffic accidents deaths are motorcyclists. 61 died in 2018 and 63 died in 2019.

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/transport/overall-improvement-in-road-traffic-situation-for-2019-but-more-accidents

Better for her to learn to drive than to try motorbike.

• Praise 1
  • Sad 1

33 minutes ago, Phluvcat said:

You guys are like late forties (if married early) to mid fifties? 

My son only 13 yo.  I hope can hang on to my manual car so next time he can try it 😏

Maybe your son will take auto driving licence, then your manual car he cannot drives. Lol.

35 minutes ago, Phluvcat said:

My son only 13 yo.  I hope can hang on to my manual car so next time he can try it 😏

I am 25

48 minutes ago, wlalala said:

buy a car for her then no need scared

also no need scared she go learn bike

Must make sure she has interest to drive, if not after buying liao the car parked at the carpark most of the time collecting dust then problem. Lol.

50 minutes ago, Phluvcat said:

I hope can hang on to my manual car so next time he can try it 😏

Nowadays this kind must have the "interest". Very easy to be influenced to just learn auto because "easier to pass".

28 minutes ago, 13177 said:

Maybe your son will take auto driving licence, then your manual car he cannot drives. Lol.

He better dun ask me sell my car and buy automatic one. 

• Haha! 1

28 minutes ago, Phluvcat said:

He better dun ask me sell my car and buy automatic one. 

He will ask you to buy another car for him which is auto one. [laugh]

46 minutes ago, 13177 said:

He will ask you to buy another car for him which is auto one. [laugh]

Why must wait for him to ask, offer him one lah😀

• Praise 1

5 hours ago, mersaylee said:

My daughter is bugging me to sponsor her to get a driving licence becos “a lot“ of her frens are getting theirs in order to drive these mini cars...they find it cheaper than expenses on riding phv... 

I told my girl I won’t...her life is worth much more than the meagre savings...

what I didn’t tell her is 不要害人害己和我的钱包😂

You should, after that, make sure you sit beside her till she is comfortable in driving.  One day she may go to a country like US, if she is unable to drive,  moving around can be quite difficult in some area. Worse is she may go drive around in a foreign country with  limited driving experience.  So it is better to enable her and make her to be a safe driver than to deprive her.  Nothing beats parental guidance.

Edited by Ct3833
  • Praise 4

3 hours ago, Calvin8808 said:

In a way I agree, should encourage her to drive and not lose the skill and confidence.

I always tell my daughter don't be afraid to try, must be confident and don't be scare.

remind her not to go first lane during confident drive 😁

• Praise 2

2 hours ago, boonhat_91 said:

Nowadays this kind must have the "interest". Very easy to be influenced to just learn auto because "easier to pass".

I will see if he make out to be a good driver. I may personally give lesson or persuade him go take public transport lah 😁😅

I always say to my wife she better off driving a tank, fortunately she no license and happy with me fetching her around. And fortunately I like driving around. 

Edited by Phluvcat
  • Praise 2

18 minutes ago, Phluvcat said:

I will see if he make out to be a good driver. I may personally give lesson or persuade him go take public transport lah 😁😅

I always say to my wife she better off driving a tank, fortunately she no license and happy with me fetching her around. And fortunately I like driving around. 

Actually many women like to be fetch around by bf/hubby/bff than driving by themselves. Although there are still many women who like to drive la. 😂

• Praise 2

4 minutes ago, 13177 said:

Actually many women like to be fetch around by bf/hubby/bff than driving by themselves. Although there are still many women who like to drive la. 😂

I think the former is much much safer provided no hanky panky while driving. 

I also like to drive.... around. 

• Praise 2

3 hours ago, Phluvcat said:

He may find stick shift too passé...full autonomous ftw 😎🤪

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1