Singapore Reckless Drivers Part VIII

RadX

4 hours ago, sake said:

she is spoilt and pampered. 

just that for some reasons, she and her friends find public transport more convenient.

i try to make her drive whenever we go out together.

How can public transport be more convenient unless u r talking about grab\cab .

• Praise 1

Twincharged
17 minutes ago, shrjun said:

no need to look and fight for carpark spaces etc.

she is basically not confident about

1. best route to take

2. parking.

• Haha! 1

59 minutes ago, shrjun said:

Actually public transport can be more convenient if you are going to cbd area or orchard area. Driving to these places parking might not easy to find and also too expensive. Lol. 

• Praise 3

Supercharged

I got my SG driving license after 17, and got the US license while studying over there. There're no buses in a small college town, so one has to drive everywhere one goes.

My kids are gen Z. With available public transport and PHV, they don't seem interested in getting a driving license. Could this mean the Govt is slowly succeeding in transforming ours into a car-lite society? 

Edited by Didu
  • Praise 2

25 minutes ago, 13177 said:

Actually public transport can be more convenient if you are going to cbd area or orchard area. Driving to these places parking might not easy to find and also too expensive. Lol. 

going to these places dont mind taking cab.Its the coming back home via public transport that irritates me lol.Also some PHV \ cab driver's prowess at driving gives me the creeps!

Edited by shrjun
  • Praise 2
  • Haha! 1

25 minutes ago, 13177 said:

These days when I go drinking, I dont even take grab, I am so used to taking train, just have to ensure I leave before the  last few trains. Only when I have to stay out longer beyond last train then would I take grab or taxi. 

• Praise 4

Supercharged
6 hours ago, sake said:

she is spoilt and pampered. 

just that for some reasons, she and her friends find public transport more convenient.

i try to make her drive whenever we go out together.

Daughters are meant to be pampered. I pamper mine too. [laugh]

• Haha! 2

11 minutes ago, shrjun said:

going to these places dont mind taking cab.Its the coming back home via public transport that irritates me lol.Also some PHV \ cab driver's prowess at driving gives me the creeps!

Eh dunno why some of them cannot be consistent and smooth with their throttle.  Now I think of it, I get it that why people never realise they are sitting in a manual car when I am driving them 😂

Few times my car has to go hospital, I take taxi or Grab, rest of the day feel nauseated.  Of course I come across good ones, recently one that I can play Tsum Tsum and surf internet in the back of the car from Jurong to Batok, and its a Mazda 3 👍🏼

Edited by Phluvcat
  • Praise 2

27 minutes ago, Didu said:

I got my SG driving license after 17, and got the US license while studying over there. There're no buses in a small college town, so one has to drive everywhere one goes.

My kids are gen Z. With available public transport and PHV, they don't seem interested in getting a driving license. Could this mean the Govt is slowly succeeding in transforming ours into a car-lite society? 

No, is cos they grow up in a generation of shitty boring cars. We grew up with WRXs, EVOs, Civics, integras, Celicas, Silvias/200sx, gtti, swifts, yrvs, we got to experience regular carpark rallys, see see orchard gudang cars go round and round every week. 

Kids these days, grow up with what? CHR, vezel, scirocco..... How to be interested? 

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 10

21 minutes ago, Phluvcat said:

Eh dunno why some of them cannot be consistent and smooth with their throttle.  Now I think of it, I get it that why people never realise they are sitting in a manual car when I am driving them 😂

Few times my car has to go hospital, I take taxi or Grab, rest of the day feel nauseated.  Of course I come across good ones, recently one that I can play Tsum Tsum and surf internet in the back of the car from Jurong to Batok, and its a Mazda 3 👍🏼

Agreed, most taxi, phv and even bus drivers cannot be smooth with their throttle, they always never failed to make me nauseated. 😨But too bad i have to take public transport. 😅

• Praise 1

49 minutes ago, Didu said:

I think gen Z not interested to drive could be due to they are more interested to glue on their phone. So if they drive, they cannot glue on their phone. So better take public transport since time is precious during the journey to look at phone. 😂

• Haha! 3

9 hours ago, Mingsect said:

wahhh….really just put signal and turn...my 1st reaction seeing this is that Hyundai driver was probably talking and not paying attention to the surroundings.

Pity the biker and cam car....drive slow/steady also kena bang

• Praise 3