Singapore Reckless Drivers Part VIII

RadX

10 hours ago, Fitvip said:

Usually I see BlueSG cars being driven fiercely. Try as far as possible to siam them!

Pay by the min, so some will tend to rush.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 5

7 hours ago, therock said:

If the cars are found to be speeding does it mean their insurance won't pay out?

Speeding, fine the driver, but insurance continue to claim..

• Praise 1

1 hour ago, Beanoyip said:

lta know what they looking for?

I think they looking for animals trapped in the engine bay or under the carriage. :D

• Haha! 5

1 hour ago, Beanoyip said:

I think the driver responded to the youtube video.pulled over since dark tints.then checked for other mods.

• Praise 2

36 minutes ago, Adrianli said:

I think they looking for animals trapped in the engine bay or under the carriage. :D

I hope the Cat is still hiding there! 🤣

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 5

10 hours ago, Tohto said:

Allowing van to just have a sofa at the cargo compartment is the most stupid thing that LTA allow.

Zero safety item for this. No seatbelts,  airbag, sofa is not properly secure. 

I said many times already, we are first world country with 3rd world car safety features,  regulation from authority. 

10 hours ago, Kklee said:

The kid is not supposed to be there in the first place. 

I've seen quite a few cars moving out of my car park with tiny children standing\sitting in the front passenger or rear seats untethered.It's quite ridiculous how they aren't actively searched for and given demerit points !One idiot was even driving with his dog sitting on his lap on the CTE ..wtf

• Shocked 3

29 minutes ago, shrjun said:

I've seen quite a few cars moving out of my car park with tiny children standing\sitting in the front passenger or rear seats untethered.It's quite ridiculous how they aren't actively searched for and given demerit points !One idiot was even driving with his dog sitting on his lap on the CTE ..wtf

IMHO.
I too have seen quite a few.  In my MSCP,  cars even go against the flow of traffic. 
This only shows how much enforcement was done. 

P.S.  I am not sure how much of these enforcements are outsourced.   
While I feel outsourcing simplify the organization,  it may robs the person's passion in the work.

Internal Moderator
11 hours ago, Tohto said:

Allowing van to just have a sofa at the cargo compartment is the most stupid thing that LTA allow.

Zero safety item for this. No seatbelts,  airbag, sofa is not properly secure. 

I said many times already, we are first world country with 3rd world car safety features,  regulation from authority. 

yah. then Suzuki every which have a proper seat, they don't allow. Because they never pay Cat A COE. 😂

• Praise 1
  • Angry 1

3 hours ago, Beanoyip said:

These days the under carriage  of cars  are so well sealed, i doubt  they could spot anything. But vehicles being their profession, i chose to think they are being trained to look out for tell tale signs, they might have been trained to spot for the obvious before they could activate  a towing ?  

For dark tint, they could only issue a ticket for the guy to go back for an inspection,  by then any mods would have been unmoded, maybe that was the on the spot check was for.

Edited by Ct3833
  • Praise 1

1 hour ago, shrjun said:

I think the driver responded to the youtube video.pulled over since dark tints.then checked for other mods.

LTA Officers see can find more Faults of the Car,just Tinted Windows,the Fine not even enough a Officer Daily Salary....

• Haha! 2

1 hour ago, shrjun said:

Too common to see parents let freely moving kids in the car.

• Praise 1
  • Angry 1

59 minutes ago, Ct3833 said:

These days the under carriage  of cars  are so well sealed, i doubt  they could spot anything. But vehicles being their profession, i chose to think they are being trained to look out for tell tale signs, they might have been trained to spot for the obvious before they could activate  a towing ?  

For dark tint, they could only issue a ticket for the guy to go back for an inspection,  by then any mods would have been unmoded, maybe that was the on the spot check was for.

Best way to look at the under carriage is to switch on phone in video mode with the light on. Place in on a cardboard sheet and slide it from front to rear. Can record everything as evidence. 

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 2

3 minutes ago, Tohto said:

Too common to see parents let freely moving kids in the car.

Yeah. Many in the front seat with the parents in seat belts and the child’s seat belt are his mothers arms. 
And when confronted, they will say it’s ok, won’t be so suay for anything to happen. 
should charge such parents with man slaughter, should the kid die in an accident. 

• Praise 1
  • Angry 1
  • Sad 1

11 hours ago, Ct3833 said:

taking reference from this fairly new article, it is subjective.

https://www.asiaone.com/lifestyle/10-common-causes-traffic-accidents-and-how-car-insurance-can-help

......If you're not excessively speeding, you might still be able to make a claim if you can justify that the accident was not due to your fault. There'll be no excuses if you're speeding excessively..........

It’s depends. 
Ng Li Ning for the clementi Road accident. was found to be 35% Liable, he was 24kmh above the speed limit. 
I wonder how much will he be liable for if he didn’t exceed the speed limit. I think many would think he would not be liable, but I think the courts will still put some blame, with the reasoning that he should have taken more caution at the junction. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2