Singapore Reckless Drivers Part VIII

RadX

2 hours ago, Beanoyip said:

Sure of not, AMG43 no AEB to help the driver....

The driver could have turned it off. I always leave mine on at highest sensitivity so that I can see the warning once in a while but I have to admit the detection system is not very consistent. Defensive driving is still the best strategy cos humans will beat technology most of the time, imo 🙂

↡ Advertisement

19 hours ago, Atonchia said:

Just now I saw a red integra driving with a female front-passenger allowing a 4-5yr old boy Standing in front of her. 

my neighbor does it with his SLK too. all i can do is sigh....

• Shocked 1

12 hours ago, Ct3833 said:

this is not true for insurance,  both my  COE cars are insured under comprehensive insurance, at least for now.

my coe car also under comprehensive. but then, lets see if should something happen. how much do they really compensate in the end. if your paper is high. maybe they tell you paper plus 1k. kekekekek.

3 hours ago, Turboflat4 said:

AEB is crap, from my experience with my AMG GT. That was based on it kicking in totally when not needed, now apparently we have evidence it doesn't activate when actually needed. 😂😂😂

It really depends on placement of the sensor and calibration of software.

I drive Ford Ranger with Collision Warning in Malaysia.  The sensor beeping like siao in standstill traffic whenever Mopez ride through.

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

13 hours ago, Ct3833 said:

this is not true for insurance,  both my  COE cars are insured under comprehensive insurance, at least for now.

So is mine!

• Praise 2

3 hours ago, Mustank said:

Mercedes 就是 Mercedes

the head strong and hard 

Mercedes head go inside mpv backside, mpv backside cui

:grin:

AMG43 forgot to install crumple zone?:yeah-im-not-drunk:

• Haha! 1

1 hour ago, ktnpl said:

Defensive driving is still the best strategy cos humans will beat technology most of the time, imo 🙂

Give it time. We've already lost the race when it comes to chess and Go. Driving will take just a bit longer. 

Then we'll soon have a true general artificial intelligence, then a true general artificial superintelligence and technological singularity, then SkyNet and/or The Matrix akan datang. 😁

19 hours ago, Vinceng said:

It's a consignment unit, meaning the car is still registered under the owner's name.

And car is still in owner's possession, as appointment is required if interested buyer wants to view.

https://www.sgcarmart.com/used_cars/info.php?ID=890746&DL=2203

image.png.42e8ce83b85d9c768de67cb622ec5ddd.png

Brembo 6 Pot wor.. still could not shed enough speed and lessen the severity of the crash.

2 hours ago, boonhat_91 said:

Brembo 6 Pot wor.. still could not shed enough speed and lessen the severity of the crash.

That's why I commented earlier that the Audi driver had bad judgement, didn't sense the urgency & failed to apply emergency brakes.

9 minutes ago, Vinceng said:

That's why I commented earlier that the Audi driver had bad judgement, didn't sense the urgency & failed to apply emergency brakes.

i tink there were racing with Golf, so came in really fast and i agree with you, defensive driving, you are coming to a junction, so should slow down.... i am sure if the driver had slow down, it could have avoided this accident altogether or minimize the damaged..but big ego is there, cannot lose...

then again, the van driver also at fault ler, once cut out should keep tot he left....or the left maybe the golf was cutting thru that way, so the van driver gave way to the golf and unfortunately audi could not find a way thru....

just my 2 cents....pray the kid recovers....nobody wanted this. 

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, ktnpl said:

Not sure of that as my usual route is in opposite direction.

Update: I drove past the accident site at Lor Chuan and Serangoon junction again during lunchtime. The vehicles have been removed but some debris left behind. The right turn into Lor Chuan (cat 2 road) from Serangoon Ave 2 or Lor Chuan (cat 4 road) is non discretionary with red, orange and green arrows. However, the U-turn or right turn along cat 2 road is discretionary with only green arrow.

41 minutes ago, Spidey10 said:

i tink there were racing with Golf, so came in really fast and i agree with you, defensive driving, you are coming to a junction, so should slow down.... i am sure if the driver had slow down, it could have avoided this accident altogether or minimize the damaged..but big ego is there, cannot lose...

then again, the van driver also at fault ler, once cut out should keep tot he left....or the left maybe the golf was cutting thru that way, so the van driver gave way to the golf and unfortunately audi could not find a way thru....

The van should just f**king WAIT! 

• Praise 7

44 minutes ago, Spidey10 said:

IMHO.
In the video, the van was like blocked by the bus. 
The Audi immediate step brake when saw the van dart out, maybe not hard enough. 

↡ Advertisement