Singapore Reckless Drivers Part VIII

RadX

54 minutes ago, Spidey10 said:

then again, the van driver also at fault ler, once cut out should keep tot he left....or the left maybe the golf was cutting thru that way, so the van driver gave way to the golf and unfortunately audi could not find a way thru....

If you observe this stretch of Woodlands, the Audi was approaching at fast speed from a bend. The van driver most likely saw only the bus in the middle lane when he was checking for oncoming vehicles approaching on his left.

Because the Audi was approaching at excessive speed from a bend, it appeared within sight, only in split second when the van was making that U turn - already too late for the van to react.

Speed & road infrastructure played a part.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3

Turbocharged
8 hours ago, Beanoyip said:

Sure of not, AMG43 no AEB to help the driver....

Damn funny to see the big SLOW word on the road before impact. Its there for a reason :D

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

1 hour ago, Yeshe said:

Damn funny to see the big SLOW word on the road before impact. Its there for a reason :D

The Mercedes Benz driver was wearing white gloves holding steering at 12'o clock and 3'o clock. Reminds me of overseas limo drivers. Maybe he does not understand english.

• Haha! 1

5 hours ago, Fitvip said:

AMG43 forgot to install crumple zone?:yeah-im-not-drunk:

Some years back, I saw the same story in upper Thomson road (but no accident)

the u turn guy is wrx

the going straight guy is some ordinary car. I am on the same direction as the ordinary car. Behind him very far and not same lane 

the wrx from stationary Suddenly chut uturn, one loud bang sound, then he zooooooooom away Liao

the ordinary car guy didn’t press brake until after the u turn area. I think he Chua sai

i also [jawdrop]

The ordinary car guy and me smell smoke only don’t even know what happen 

• Haha! 1

1 hour ago, Fcw75 said:

i think a lot of bros here already said...not if but when.....RIP!

If nothing is done, more to come....

• Praise 5

2 hours ago, Mockngbrd said:

The van should just f**king WAIT! 

I agree with you. But the problem is... this place (to some extent), but especially Singapore at large, and definitely places like SG Roach Vigilante... have more people shouting "just f**king SLOW DOWN!!". 🙄

• Praise 1

7 hours ago, Spidey10 said:

i tink there were racing with Golf, so came in really fast and i agree with you, defensive driving, you are coming to a junction, so should slow down.... i am sure if the driver had slow down, it could have avoided this accident altogether or minimize the damaged..but big ego is there, cannot lose...

then again, the van driver also at fault ler, once cut out should keep tot he left....or the left maybe the golf was cutting thru that way, so the van driver gave way to the golf and unfortunately audi could not find a way thru....

just my 2 cents....pray the kid recovers....nobody wanted this. 

Wow got 4 kids on board could be much worse....

One of the seriously injured was an eight-year-old girl. The father, Mr. Chen (45 years old, transport industry), said in an interview that his brother-in-law was driving the truck at the time. The car was carrying his brother-in-law’s two children and his two eight-year-olds. And six-year-old daughter. The eldest daughter was unfortunately thrown into the air. After the operation, she is still in a coma in the hospital.

其中一名受重伤的是八岁女童,父亲陈先生(45岁,运输业)受访时说,当时开货车的是他的姐夫,车上载有姐夫的一对儿女,以及他两名八岁和六岁女儿。大女儿过后不幸被被抛飞,动了手术后,至今仍在医院昏迷。

https://www.zaobao.com.sg/realtime/singapore/story20201026-1095906

• Shocked 1
  • Sad 3

6 hours ago, Yeshe said:

slow is quantitative, to an AMG43,  approaching that stretch  at 100km/h is consider very slow already.

• Haha! 1

11 hours ago, Mkl22 said:

my neighbor does it with his SLK too. all i can do is sigh....

SLK is 2 seater 

Integra is also 2 seater? 😅

Too long never see this car already 

5 hours ago, Fcw75 said:

This area with all the infrastructure works, like Mrts and the Flyover the previously collapsed have many trucks delivering construction materials. 

• Praise 1

1 hour ago, Vinceng said:

Biggest irony - Power is nothing without control

image.png.367bc3de1937280bbf8e4212a4c2c4b2.png

Now the 8yrs old girl life in jeopardy. 

Edited by Atonchia
  • Praise 1
  • Sad 1

8 hours ago, ktnpl said:

Update: I drove past the accident site at Lor Chuan and Serangoon junction again during lunchtime. The vehicles have been removed but some debris left behind. The right turn into Lor Chuan (cat 2 road) from Serangoon Ave 2 or Lor Chuan (cat 4 road) is non discretionary with red, orange and green arrows. However, the U-turn or right turn along cat 2 road is discretionary with only green arrow.

122435906_1226456841070162_6184593568776

I was one of the those passing by and caught in the jam.

Waiting for someone to upload from their dashcam, will be interesting to see how the accident happened from the final position of the vehicles and their damages..

• Praise 1
  • Shocked 1

24 minutes ago, Cumzilla said:

122435906_1226456841070162_6184593568776

I was one of the those passing by and caught in the jam.

Waiting for someone to upload from their dashcam, will be interesting to see how the accident happened from the final position of the vehicles and their damages..

Pz3zo0f.jpg

Zaobao reported that the blue car u turning was hit by the black MPV going straight. 8 hours earlier there was an accident at the junction involving a taxi and a car.

• Praise 5

The standard of driving have really gone down hill these day.

Too many goondus on the road these day.

The funny thing is sometimes you come across a goodu

and they think they are damn good drivers.

:grin:

• Praise 5
  • Haha! 6

9 minutes ago, Jamesc said:

The standard of driving have really gone down hill these day.

Too many goondus on the road these day.

The funny thing is sometimes you come across a goodu

and they think they are damn good drivers.

:grin:

Adsolutely true. And many still blame discretionary right turns etc.  It's always the drivers, maybe except the Beauty World flyover accident hotspot. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 6
  • Haha! 1