Singapore Reckless Drivers Part VIII

RadX

1 hour ago, Beanoyip said:

Like that can claim from the truck co. or not? Really damn unlucky...

i were you, I will try....

↡ Advertisement

1 hour ago, Fcw75 said:

Good opportunity for the driver to swap his old Altis for the new Altis which has the AEB and other safety systems 😀

• Praise 1

2 hours ago, inlinesix said:

Might as well don't buy those car.

Use those safety feature but don't rely on it.

It will come in useful when the driver blackout suddenly. It can happen to anyone and is getting more common.

5 hours ago, Watwheels said:

Yeah. The van passengers werent even buckled up thus being thrown out of the vehicle upon impact. The van driver couldnt give a damn with the oncoming traffic during the turn. The video even dox the Audi car. Wtf is wrong with ppl nowadays?

Because it's an Audi. If it's a motor bike, all the internet fury will be at the van driver. Double confirm.

1 hour ago, mikk123 said:

agree, we all should keep to the speed limit. But in reality,  when you driving a high performance Audi, Merc sports, and you drive at 50km/hr? How many Cat B drivers always follow speed limit? don't talk about those high performance car, even lorries are running around like Ferrari. This accident happened is an accumulation of our reckless driving culture here. everyone breaks the rule, unfortunately, the time the little girl is the victim. whose fault is it, when everyone breaks the rule? 

During my 10 years driving a 3.0T turbo car until it is scrapped, I only use the high torque to accelerate to the speed limit and ease off the pedal once I reach the speed limit. I also use the signal stalk 😅. It is the driver and not the car. There are many careful drivers out there, just take a minority of black sheeps causing terror and accidents, imo.

• Praise 8

6 hours ago, ktnpl said:

Unfortunately that was the old advisory from Traffic Police. The new regulations require the driver to slow down and give way. To be safe, cyclists should continue to alight and give way to faster moving vehicles.

LTA could have installed speed limiting strips to prevent cyclists from moving too fast across traffic including zebra crossings.

• Praise 1

3 hours ago, Atrecord said:

The van driver confirmed got serious error of judgement, and like his BIL (the girl's father) said, will likely be living in guilt for hurting 4 kids (hoping it's just hurt, and the girl in coma will pull through). The law will probably punish him severely too.

And I know many bros here say the Audi (and VW) has right of way. But my view is the 2 - more so for the Audi - should be punished severely too. They were clearly speeding way way above the speed limit. From the clip of the 3rd witness, who had wanted to overtake the front vehicles but delayed it cos of the 2 speeding cars approaching, can estimate the speed relative to all other vehicles. If all the other vehicles were hogging, then i rest my case. If they were however going at/near the speed limit (was it 50 km/h?), then it looks like the speedsters/racers were going at ~100 or thereabout. What right have they to do that there, endangering lives?

Just imagine that instead of a van making a bad decision doing that U-turn at the wrong moment, and it was a pregnant woman crossing the road with a young kid... I think the outcome (cannot brake in time) would not have changed, except that we'll all be reading really tragic news already. Yes, pedestrian should not have crossed, but as drivers - responsible ones - we know what should/should not be done.

(if proven really speeding excessively) Damn the Audi and VW drivers.

IMHO.
If you are the judge, a lot of drivers will go to jail. 
And this precisely why these issues still exist,  because at the end of the day,  the driver gets penalized more - not pedestrian, cyclist, motorcyclist, etc.

• Praise 1

36 minutes ago, Ct3833 said:

my turn to ask, whose fault ? 

version 1

100% LTA fault for poor road design, street lights not bright enough, not having signalised junction, mandatory AEB on all cars etc etc . [:p]

version 2

100% taxi fault for failure to stop and give way at traffic junction

but also wondering why the chap was cycling at night in black gear, hope it was Gavin Smith. [grin]

• Haha! 1

3 minutes ago, Beanoyip said:

Too bad speeding in SG is not heavily enforced. Please start putting average speed limit cameras all over.. not some static camera 

IMHO.  
They should heavily enforce those that can be easily enforced.?
E.g.   
child not restrain in car
weekend car without day license
commercial vehicle use for social purposes 
PMD carrying passenger

Maybe the fines from these can fund the average speed limit cameras. 

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

1 minute ago, Blueray said:

version 1

100% LTA fault for poor road design, street lights not bright enough, not having signalised junction, mandatory AEB on all cars etc etc . [:p]

version 2

100% taxi fault for failure to stop and give way at traffic junction

but also wondering why the chap was cycling at night in black gear, hope it was Gavin Smith. [grin]

IMHO,  I too feel like the street lightings at certain locations are not bright enough. 

2 minutes ago, Kklee said:

IMHO,  I too feel like the street lightings at certain locations are not bright enough. 

i believe our street lights have standard spacing, but in some places there are many big old trees around too, so that affects the available illumination. 

• Praise 2

24 minutes ago, Kklee said:

IMHO.  
They should heavily enforce those that can be easily enforced.?
E.g.   
child not restrain in car
weekend car without day license
commercial vehicle use for social purposes 
PMD carrying passenger

Maybe the fines from these can fund the average speed limit cameras. 

Drive van lorry for leisure nothing wrong mah but cannot carry passenger lah

worker not equal to passenger 

some people buy van behind put mattress, can mcsp rock ah rock :grin:

• Haha! 2

6 minutes ago, Mustank said:

Drive van lorry for leisure nothing wrong mah but cannot carry passenger lah

worker not equal to passenger 

some people buy van behind put mattress, can mcsp rock ah rock :grin:

Oops... i type too fast,  not detailed enough. 
Anyway, suggest to those van drivers,  please keep low profile for a while. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 1