Singapore Reckless Drivers Part VIII

RadX

9 minutes ago, Calvin8808 said:

hmm are we supposed to give way to the cyclist? 

Or is the cyclist suppose to the taxi pass?

Hope you are not a driver

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

8 hours ago, Mingsect said:

3 hours ago, Mingsect said:

3 hours ago, Ct3833 said:

my turn to ask, whose fault ? 

27 minutes ago, Atonchia said:

Taxi driver lor. 

The light so bright still cannot see... eyes tiap stamp.

It depends what role the cyclist is playing? In the first video when the cyclist cycle across the zebra crossing the cyclist is a pedestrian so car must give way. In the second video the if the cyclist maintain the role of pedestrian then the cyclist should give way to the taxi? 

So all this actually arise because the role of cyclist is not clear. Sometimes they think they are pedestrian sometimes they think they are vehicles. It depends which one give them the right of way and they will assume that role.

• Praise 1

3 minutes ago, Calvin8808 said:

It depends what role the cyclist is playing? In the first video when the cyclist cycle across the zebra crossing the cyclist is a pedestrian so car must give way. In the second video the if the cyclist maintain the role of pedestrian then the cyclist should give way to the taxi? 

So all this actually arise because the role of cyclist is not clear. Sometimes they think they are pedestrian sometimes they think they are vehicles. It depends which one give them the right of way and they will assume that role.

Don't gel two different two situation together. 

I am replying to the taxi and cyclist incident. 

2 minutes ago, Atonchia said:

Hope you are not a driver

Let me cite you an example, as a car coming out from a side road into a main road which is not controlled by traffic light, if there's a bicycle on the pavement waiting to cross the road, who have the right of way? The car? Cos the cyclist is on the pavement and is assuming the role of a pedestrian. But if the cyclist is on the road? Then we consider it as a vehicle and thus side road to main road we need to give way and wait for the cyclist to pass before turning out?

Now what if the cyclist was initially cycling on the pavement, then as he about the cross the road he cycle outwards to be on the road? 

I have drive too long to see cyclist changing their role as long as it suits them. 

Or cyclist cycling by your side as you both turn left into filter lane with a zebra crossing ahead...then just as they reach the zebra crossing, they become a pedestrian and suddenly turn right in front of you to use the zebra crossing to cycle across the road.  

• Haha! 2

1 minute ago, Calvin8808 said:

Let me cite you an example, as a car coming out from a side road into a main road which is not controlled by traffic light, if there's a bicycle on the pavement waiting to cross the road, who have the right of way? The car? Cos the cyclist is on the pavement and is assuming the role of a pedestrian. But if the cyclist is on the road? Then we consider it as a vehicle and thus side road to main road we need to give way and wait for the cyclist to pass before turning out?

Now what if the cyclist was initially cycling on the pavement, then as he about the cross the road he cycle outwards to be on the road? 

I have drive too long to see cyclist changing their role as long as it suits them. 

Or cyclist cycling by your side as you both turn left into filter lane with a zebra crossing ahead...then just as they reach the zebra crossing, they become a pedestrian and suddenly turn right in front of you to use the zebra crossing to cycle across the road.  

So taxi was right? 

3 minutes ago, Atonchia said:

So taxi was right? 

Well the moment a vehicle knock down a cyclist or pedestrian they will be penalized even if the other party is wrong, e.g. jaywalkers   

51 minutes ago, Calvin8808 said:

When an idiotic cyclist rides across  a zebra crossing and red light junction, he behaves as a pedestrian, when he cycles on the road, he behaves like a vehicle, riding at the middle of the road.

About whose fault, my view is the taxi is certainly at fault from the traffic rules point of view. BUT the cyclist plays a critical role here, 1)  no matter how, he must practice defensive riding for his own safety, he should increase he presence by wearing bright and reflective clothing at night, 2) his lights is too dim , with so much distraction from headlights and street lights and  traffic lights, it is difficult for a driver to spot a bicycle like this one. Ok granted, taxi is at fault, but who suffer more?  I still think cyclists should practice maximum road safety, both  day and night .

Edited by Ct3833
  • Praise 2

10 hours ago, Mingsect said:

The poor passenger so scared of how the PHV driver drives

faster run out of the PHV and run away.

He run out quite cartoon.

Like don't know if he scared of getting killed in the PHV

or the driver catching him and dragging him back into the car.

:grin:

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 4

15 minutes ago, Calvin8808 said:

Well the moment a vehicle knock down a cyclist or pedestrian they will be penalized even if the other party is wrong, e.g. jaywalkers   

Yah lah... 

I am only talking about this specific incident. 

There are other incidents where different parties made mistakes and cause accidents. 

We discuss then separately. 

Lumping together to discuss have no end one. 

• Praise 1

1 minute ago, Jamesc said:

The poor passenger so scared of how the PHV driver drives

faster run out of the PHV and run away.

He run out quite cartoon.

Like don't know if he scared of getting killed in the PHV

or the driver catching him and dragging him back into the car.

Really very funny indeed the way he ran out.

Really very cartoon, like don't know want to run or not

• Haha! 1

11 hours ago, Mingsect said:

Missed a few exits?

Sounds like kenna kidnap.

No wonder the passenger run out so cartoon like that.

Like driver injured by the crash and take the opportunity

to escape from kidnapping like that. 

Like want to escape but keep looking back at the driver

to see if he wake up and want to chase her or not.

Ok driver still knocked out faster siam.

Edited by Jamesc
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 3

9 hours ago, Mingsect said:

Bicycle wrong want to f@#k the driver.

People are so stupid these day they wrong also don't know.

Car actually save him from doing a super man.

He should say thank you.

Bloodie toopid idiot.

image.png.fec52ad54bc9000f41b8b5515b3f62f2.png

• Praise 3
  • Haha! 1

20 minutes ago, Ct3833 said:

When an idiotic cyclist rides across  a zebra crossing and red light junction, he behave as a pedestrian, when he cycles on the road, he behaves like a vehicle, riding at the middle of the road.

About whose fault, my view is the taxi is certainly at fault from the traffic rules point of view. BUT the cyclist plays a critical role here, 1)  no matter how, he must practice defensive riding for his own safety, he should increase he presence by wearing bright and reflective clothing at night, 2) his lights is too dim , with so much distraction from headlights and street lights and  traffic lights, it is difficult for a driver to spot a bicycle like this one. Ok granted, taxi is at fault, but who suffer more?  I still think cyclists should practice maximum road safety, both  day and night .

18 minutes ago, Atonchia said:

Yah lah... 

I am only talking about this specific incident. 

There are other incidents where different parties made mistakes and cause accidents. 

We discuss then separately. 

Lumping together to discuss have no end one. 

Yup I know on paper taxi driver wrong also. But what I trying to say similar to Bro Ct3833, that cyclist got a part to play. 

For this incident and also their overall behavior when they use the road

The fact got people ask whose fault though sarcastically means someone will think cyclist play a part.

But a fact that taxi driver is wrong on traffic rules  

• Praise 3

8 hours ago, ktnpl said:

I tried it on the demo car during one of the drive experience and it works perfectly with warning followed by automatic intervention to bring the car to a complete stop without any driver input. I was told there are no mishaps but it is in a controlled environment representing the typical driving conditions. It will certainly be beneficial in real world conditions though not 100%.

I am trying to convince my MIL about the importance of getting a car with AEB.

Next time you go for a demo can my MIL come along and see?

I get get her to stand in front to show her how effective it is.

I also heard if got bird sheet on the sensor it won't work.

Can park the car under a big tree before the demo?

image.png.8bfb6d2a42f37456a3ec24fd84d57a24.png

• Haha! 1

8 hours ago, Phluvcat said:

Even a car has all the safety features in the world, drive like you never have them. 

That's the safest. 

😁

See see that's what I always also say.

When I drive my MIL I always drive as if my car got no brakes and wifey complains.

If I meet you at MU can you please explain to her?

• Haha! 1

15 minutes ago, Calvin8808 said:

Yup I know on paper taxi driver wrong also. But what I trying to say similar to Bro Ct3833, that cyclist got a part to play. 

For this incident and also their overall behavior when they use the road

The fact got people ask whose fault though sarcastically means someone will think cyclist play a part.

But a fact that taxi driver is wrong on traffic rules  

For this particular case my opinion is the taxi is wrong. The cyclist been on the road and did not dash out from pavement or nowhere which mean the taxis got ample time to check blind spot or on coming traffic if he bother.

Of cos as a cyclist we are always end up losing as the injury will be bad for us even if we are RIGHT. When I approach such filter junction i always look at my left and see if the vehicles did slow down.. if he not slowing down in this case I will brake hard to minimize the chance of accident.

Best if there's eyes contact.. mean he see me i see him.

• Praise 3

25 minutes ago, Jamesc said:

Bicycle wrong want to f@#k the driver.

People are so stupid these day they wrong also don't know.

Car actually save him from doing a super man.

He should say thank you.

Bloodie toopid idiot.

image.png.fec52ad54bc9000f41b8b5515b3f62f2.png

The winner is the e-scooter guy........ 

• Haha! 1

7 hours ago, Fcw75 said:

So big bus also cannot see?

I tell you the standard of driving here is getting worse day by day.

Everyday the type of accident we see here is getting more ridiculous.

image.png.25770e551101c3c37592ce40d771424c.png

Edited by Jamesc
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 1