Singapore Reckless Drivers Part VIII

RadX

Twincharged
2 hours ago, Beanoyip said:

TBH, speed stripes are useless on bikes.. if you really want them to slow down, need to erect those barriers so they need to dismount to get around it...

I had the same idea for crossings to stop cyclist from zooming across the crossing at the last minute ... But problem is,  wheelchair users will be inconvenienced. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

Supercharged
14 hours ago, Jamesc said:

I am trying to convince my MIL about the importance of getting a car with AEB.

Next time you go for a demo can my MIL come along and see?

I get get her to stand in front to show her how effective it is.

:grin:

I also heard if got bird sheet on the sensor it won't work.

Can park the car under a big tree before the demo?

image.png.8bfb6d2a42f37456a3ec24fd84d57a24.png

Be nicer to MIL lah. I have very healthy eyes coz of mine -- less myopic and no longer need my computer glasses.  Lotsa of eye-rolling when with her so eye muscles get a workout 🙂

• Haha! 5

59 minutes ago, Mustank said:

Not so well off folks drive van inside fetch family members is many one. I come from poor background so I can understand 

but to fetch family with no seatbelt and drive like a madman is crazy

Want to fetch family members in a van better bolt in seats with seatbelt. Break the law but safer

I have a relative drive lorry one. But family outings, he will give his kids $$$ for taxi. Save this sort of $$$ worth it meh? 

• Praise 7

2 minutes ago, Mustank said:

Yeeeeeeee!!! Siao lang

Return of the south asian jogger. 

Same guy from my encounter by ntfgh during cb.

Please LTA refer CID go get this guy. Eventually will cause poor motorist grief. 

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

22 hours ago, Beanoyip said:

Like that can claim from the truck co. or not? Really damn unlucky...

Lodge a police report!

• Haha! 1

11 minutes ago, 13177 said:

Why cant he just jog at the pavement beside the road le? 

I think he heard voices asking him to "come home"!🤣

Edited by Fitvip
  • Haha! 4

Turbocharged
2 hours ago, Ody_2004 said:

In my opinion at the speed the taxi is exiting the bend the most he take a quick glance to check on coming vehicle. A quick glance may not allow him to spot the cyclist.

The cyclist oso contributed in a way.. night cycling with black jersey and black bike to me always a recipe for disaster. 

My bike is white and i only wear white jersey.. if i can have white pants i will too 🤣

Sounds like PAP on a bike? :D

• Haha! 2

Turbocharged
32 minutes ago, Fitvip said:

Lodge a police report!

Also no use, the rod could be already on the road when the prime mover went over it. 

1 hour ago, Datsun366 said:

I would not say not so well off, as can be in charge of celebration shows some ability and moolah.

Its the ah beng retro attitude. Its stuff that happen way back when, it was already acknowledged as dangerous in the nineties.

The news frame associate poor decision with ...

And leaves the reader to blame the audi driver such as the lines 

Audi driver has not contacted the family.

Followed by

I do not blame my brother in law...

In the online ST piece.

Which appears to me, in my mind,

Audi driver blame

Why include lame statement such as buying breakfast for younger daughter.

Next time dont know what to say, then no comment or get lawyer to speak for you. The news reporter may not help in damage control.

The editor explain why the pen is greater than the sword. Very sharp.

I have seen free moving two seater sofa in vans.

Just the other night, a pest control van send everyone except grandmother home. 

Obey the law or company can contribute to nation building and can settle with company JB style themselves. 

You are correct Mr Mustank.

Amazing. It's like you've been hit with The Rosetta Stone. 

Or at least no longer in a state of being Rosetta Stoned. 😁

Edited by Turboflat4
  • Haha! 2

40 minutes ago, Fitvip said:

Lodge a police report!

is that a loose piece of crowbar or what?

TP should summon those tipper truck overloading. Some carry gravel sand to the max, even with flip covers, serve no purpose, with the speed they are travelling, those gravel sand are flying all round. some garbage tow trucks too, with those hacked renovation rubbish to the max, also endanger other road users.

• Praise 2

14 minutes ago, Yeshe said:

Also no use, the rod could be already on the road when the prime mover went over it. 

That is where video evidence comes in!

• Praise 1

4 minutes ago, Cj12329 said:

TP should summon those tipper truck overloading. Some carry gravel sand to the max, even with flip covers, serve no purpose, with the speed they are travelling, those gravel sand are flying all round. some garbage tow trucks too, with those hacked renovation rubbish to the max, also endanger other road users.

Once I was walking home, an air-con contractor's lorry made a right turn and one of the fan coils (indoor unit) on the back of the lorry fell to the road side. The driver was not aware. I alerted him and he made a U-turn to pick it up! 

• Shocked 1
  • Haha! 1

1 hour ago, Cj12329 said:

Crowbar very useful one :grin:

5466F750-4C1C-482F-A5FF-3C6672FC0980.jpeg

↡ Advertisement
  • Shocked 1
  • Haha! 1