Singapore Reckless Drivers Part VIII

RadX

Turbocharged
1 hour ago, Fitvip said:

That is where video evidence comes in!

Video evidence cannot tell if the rod dropped off from the prime mover or it was already on the road dropped by another truck. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Yeshe said:

Video evidence cannot tell if the rod dropped off from the prime mover or it was already on the road dropped by another truck. 

Yah hor, I didn’t think of that 

like this the lorry guy can say: the crow bar not my one. This type of crow bar looks like Gordon freeman one :grin:

• Haha! 1

11 minutes ago, Yeshe said:

9 minutes ago, Mustank said:

Yah hor, I didn’t think of that 

like this the lorry guy can say: the crow bar not my one. This type of crow bar looks like Gordon freeman one :grin:

Well we can't tell but the police may be able to tell.

Nothing to lose to report

• Praise 2

Twincharged
2 hours ago, Fitvip said:

That is where video evidence comes in!

True... But some ppl need convincing to install a cam ... Just like my frd... Last time die die don't want to install... Save money... Then one fine day he follow behind tipper and stone about size of football drop behind and my frd could not stop in time .... Went over the debris and stalled after a few meters. 

The tipper did not know or act don't know... Just drive away like nothing happened. 

Frd car went workshop... Repair about $3k.

But he still never learn his lesson... He but cam now.... But lousy Cam. 

• Haha! 3

7 minutes ago, Mingsect said:

The cyclist will claim he is not at fault as he's going to turn right at the junction in front so he got to change to the most right lane and taxi driver should give way since he's ahead of the taxi.

Traffic police should come out to clarify whether a cyclist should always cycle on the left and use traffic junction to cross the road or are they allow to cycle on the extreme right lane for the purpose of turning right at the junction ahead. Allowing cyclist to cycle on the extreme right lane is dangerous and should be ban for the safety and well being of all road users.

6 minutes ago, Leo72 said:

The cyclist will claim he is not at fault as he's going to turn right at the junction in front so he got to change to the most right lane and taxi driver should give way since he's ahead of the taxi.

Traffic police should come out to clarify whether a cyclist should always cycle on the left and use traffic junction to cross the road or are they allow to cycle on the extreme right lane for the purpose of turning right at the junction ahead. Allowing cyclist to cycle on the extreme right lane is dangerous and should be ban for the safety and well being of all road users.

According to ROAD TRAFFIC ACT (CHAPTER 276, SECTION 140) ROAD TRAFFIC (BICYCLES) RULES

5. The rider of a bicycle, power-assisted bicycle, trishaw or tricycle shall in order to inform traffic that he intends —

(a) to ‘stop’ — hold out his right arm horizontally with the forearm vertical and with the palm of the hand to the front;

(b) to ‘slow down’ — hold out his right arm horizontally with the palm of the hand downwards, and move the arm up and down several times;

(c) to ‘proceed to the right’ — hold out his right arm horizontally with the palm of the hand to the front; and

(d) to ‘proceed to the left’ — hold out his left arm horizontally with the palm of the hand to the front.

Signals to be made in sufficient time

6.  Signals under rule 5 shall be made in sufficient time to enable traffic to take appropriate action for the avoidance of danger.

Bicycle, etc., to be ridden on left side of road

8.  A person who rides a bicycle, power-assisted bicycle, trishaw or tricycle on a road must ride the bicycle, power-assisted bicycle, trishaw or tricycle as near as practicable to the far left edge of the road.

Wearing of helmets

14.  Every person who —

(a)rides a bicycle or a power-assisted bicycle on a road; or

(b)is carried as a pillion passenger on a bicycle or a power-assisted bicycle on a road,

must wear securely on his head a suitable protective bicycle helmet.

• Praise 3

13 minutes ago, Leo72 said:

You tell me which cyclist on the road you see will check for oncoming vehicles when they cycle on the road/change lane? Most of them just like change lane and expecting other vehicles to look out and give way to them de.

• Praise 3

2 minutes ago, 13177 said:

You tell me which cyclist on the road you see will check for oncoming vehicles when they cycle on the road/change lane? Most of them just like change lane and expecting other vehicles to look out and give way to them de.

They cycle on the road like they own the road but yet the irony is they don't pay road tax or COE.

• Praise 2

41 minutes ago, Mingsect said:

Oh... I also just posted this a Reckless Cyclist chat. 

Wrong thread lah. 

Taxi not reckless in this case. 

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

Twincharged
46 minutes ago, Jamesc said:

No bad word leh.

He say Kenny likes Nabe.

So do I.

image.png.c0122cdf2aae7804c343b4b092ddfce7.png:grin:

I don't understand why you all must make fun of proper drinks names... 

• Haha! 5

31 minutes ago, Leo72 said:

No need bother TP lah. 

On road meant follow traffic act and behave like a vehicle. 

If a car/motorcycle signal spoilt what must the driver/Mcyclist do when changing lanes?? 

Have to use hand signal right?

Cyclist on road need to do the same as regulated by Traffic act. 

• Praise 1

16 minutes ago, Atonchia said:

Oh... I also just posted this a Reckless Cyclist chat. 

Wrong thread lah. 

Taxi not reckless in this case. 

The cyclist deserves it.  He can be lucky this time, he better don't assume that he would be lucky  everytime

• Praise 5

50 minutes ago, Leo72 said:

Huh, what kind of traffic rule is that? When I drive slowly  to filter from the extreme  left to the right most lane , every cars behind me must give way since I am ahead of them even when I am on a different lane?

↡ Advertisement