Singapore Reckless Drivers Part VIII

RadX

1 hour ago, Mingsect said:

Taxi driver at fault. 

He should have seen the cyclist moving toward the 1st lane and he speed up to which unable to brake in time casuing taxi to side swipe with the bicycle..... :we-all-gonna-die:

Sure taxi lau will get one offence of "Failing To Keep A Proper Lookout" ....  :ouch-it-hurts:

↡ Advertisement
  • Shocked 1

1 hour ago, Mingsect said:

Taxi lau can claimed that there was a Red Tee shirt man standing on the divider distracting him as he thought that the man was TP officer in plain cloth with speed cam.

So pay more attention to him..... :ninja:

:grin:

Edited by Picnic06-Biante15

58 minutes ago, Calvin8808 said:

According to ROAD TRAFFIC ACT (CHAPTER 276, SECTION 140) ROAD TRAFFIC (BICYCLES) RULES

5. The rider of a bicycle, power-assisted bicycle, trishaw or tricycle shall in order to inform traffic that he intends —

(a) to ‘stop’ — hold out his right arm horizontally with the forearm vertical and with the palm of the hand to the front;

(b) to ‘slow down’ — hold out his right arm horizontally with the palm of the hand downwards, and move the arm up and down several times;

(c) to ‘proceed to the right’ — hold out his right arm horizontally with the palm of the hand to the front; and

(d) to ‘proceed to the left’ — hold out his left arm horizontally with the palm of the hand to the front.

Signals to be made in sufficient time

6.  Signals under rule 5 shall be made in sufficient time to enable traffic to take appropriate action for the avoidance of danger.

Bicycle, etc., to be ridden on left side of road

8.  A person who rides a bicycle, power-assisted bicycle, trishaw or tricycle on a road must ride the bicycle, power-assisted bicycle, trishaw or tricycle as near as practicable to the far left edge of the road.

Wearing of helmets

14.  Every person who —

(a)rides a bicycle or a power-assisted bicycle on a road; or

(b)is carried as a pillion passenger on a bicycle or a power-assisted bicycle on a road,

must wear securely on his head a suitable protective bicycle helmet.

If the bicycle guy doesn’t do all these does it mean the teksi Lau gets free holiday? :grin:

58 minutes ago, Mingsect said:

The driver wanted to go to spc but went to esso, so drive from esso to spc against traffic direction? Lol.

11 minutes ago, boonhat_91 said:

Wow who is the VVIP? Park one jag need 2 marshals.

Actually i wont really fault this white jag.

he is already there  early b4 cam car.

The 2 person just helping to direct  traffic so he can park in easiler.

If he is at else where or behind come over then i will bo chap squeeze in

Edited by Beregond
  • Praise 6

1 hour ago, Calvin8808 said:

According to ROAD TRAFFIC ACT (CHAPTER 276, SECTION 140) ROAD TRAFFIC (BICYCLES) RULES

5. The rider of a bicycle, power-assisted bicycle, trishaw or tricycle shall in order to inform traffic that he intends —

(a) to ‘stop’ — hold out his right arm horizontally with the forearm vertical and with the palm of the hand to the front;

(b) to ‘slow down’ — hold out his right arm horizontally with the palm of the hand downwards, and move the arm up and down several times;

(c) to ‘proceed to the right’ — hold out his right arm horizontally with the palm of the hand to the front; and

(d) to ‘proceed to the left’ — hold out his left arm horizontally with the palm of the hand to the front.

Signals to be made in sufficient time

6.  Signals under rule 5 shall be made in sufficient time to enable traffic to take appropriate action for the avoidance of danger.

Bicycle, etc., to be ridden on left side of road

8.  A person who rides a bicycle, power-assisted bicycle, trishaw or tricycle on a road must ride the bicycle, power-assisted bicycle, trishaw or tricycle as near as practicable to the far left edge of the road.

Wearing of helmets

14.  Every person who —

(a)rides a bicycle or a power-assisted bicycle on a road; or

(b)is carried as a pillion passenger on a bicycle or a power-assisted bicycle on a road,

must wear securely on his head a suitable protective bicycle helmet.

In primary school we had to go to the Road Safety Park to learn good habits, including hand signs for cyclists.  If your life is dependent on others not making mistakes, you should not trust them to try to read your mind, but instead learn to signal your intent.

Maybe the solution is that all cyclists need a license after completing a course at the Road Safety Park, the way all other road users need a license. 😁

Edited by Nostalgia
  • Praise 1

Twincharged
1 hour ago, Mustank said:

If the bicycle guy doesn’t do all these does it mean the teksi Lau gets free holiday? :grin:

That must be a Musso brand/model bicycle to be able to cause damage to the cab to warrant a holiday. 😂 

• Haha! 1

2 hours ago, Leo72 said:

The cyclist will claim he is not at fault as he's going to turn right at the junction in front so he got to change to the most right lane and taxi driver should give way since he's ahead of the taxi.

Traffic police should come out to clarify whether a cyclist should always cycle on the left and use traffic junction to cross the road or are they allow to cycle on the extreme right lane for the purpose of turning right at the junction ahead. Allowing cyclist to cycle on the extreme right lane is dangerous and should be ban for the safety and well being of all road users.

You are right.

The cyclist is right.

I hope he don't chance his cycling style.

Change lane no need to turn head and check one.

Today taxi tomorrow king king lorry.

One less idiot on the road to worry about.

Everyday I see idiots doing stupid things.

• Haha! 3

49 minutes ago, Nostalgia said:

IMaybe the solution is that all cyclists need a license after completing a course at the Road Safety Park, the way all other road users need a license. 😁

Agree with hand and leg.

Heck care the age of the cyclist or whether cycle on the road or not

Twincharged
13 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

Agree with hand and leg.

Heck care the age of the cyclist or whether cycle on the road or not

And must buy insurance some more! 

• Praise 2

1 hour ago, Beregond said:

Actually i wont really fault this white jag.

he is already there  early b4 cam car.

The 2 person just helping to direct  traffic so he can park in easiler.

If he is at else where or behind come over then i will bo chap squeeze in

I agree actually

• Haha! 1

25 minutes ago, Jamesc said:

You are right.

The cyclist is right.

I hope he don't chance his cycling style.

Change lane no need to turn head and check one.

Today taxi tomorrow king king lorry.

One less idiot on the road to worry about.

Everyday I see idiots doing stupid things.

I must disagree with you. 

We mustn't be so cavalier about human life. 

By which I mean the lives of the poor drivers who will get into trouble with our stupid laws, of course. 

The cyclists must be eliminated in a way that doesn't hurt any driver. 

Like a freak meteor or something. 

I'm completely OK with that.

It wouldn't make a Deep Impact on me.

😁

Edited by Turboflat4
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 8

5 minutes ago, Turboflat4 said:

I must disagree with you. 

We mustn't be so cavalier about human life. 

By which I mean the lives of the poor drivers who will get into trouble with our stupid laws, of course. 

The cyclists must be eliminated in a way that doesn't hurt any driver. 

Like a freak meteor or something. 

I'm completely OK with that.

It wouldn't make a Deep Impact on me.

😁

Maybe we can get Thanos to snap away all the dangerous cyclist that ride on the roads 

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 2