Singapore Reckless Drivers Part VIII

RadX

17 minutes ago, Ceecookie said:

There's an easy trick to deal with nuisance cyclists - do a close pass less than 1 meter apart and at high speed. 

I admit doing the below to nuisance cyclists when I feel like teaching them a lesson. :D 

both the driver and these group of cyclists  are taking unnecessary risk.  if the driver screw up his steering slightly, or one of the cyclists sway a little to the right at the wrong time, the outcome would be disastrous.  

These cyclists are not practicing for a race, they are so slow and not even over taking, whey do they need to ride in abreast? yes the road might have only a few cars, but if a  driver misses his sight, who would get the shorter end of the stick?  While LTA guidelines allows riding abreast, my thoughts is how responsible is this kind of people, towards his own safety, to his family and others ? 

On the driver end,  while I too do not like the way these folks are riding, i wouldnt want to do the same  stunt trying to "teach them" a lesson, I dont want to live in regret in case any unfortunate happens just because someone is stupid.  

Edited by Ct3833
correctiion
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 9

3 hours ago, Jamesc said:

Good idea.

I will set up a tyre shop 50m down the road.

:grin:

actually about a few 100 metres down already have tyre shop AHAAHAH

• Haha! 2

1 hour ago, Ct3833 said:

both the driver and these group of cyclists  are taking unnecessary risk.  if the driver screw up his steering slightly, or one of the cyclists sway a little to the right at the wrong time, the outcome would be disastrous.  

These cyclists are not practicing for a race, they are so slow and not even over taking, whey do they need to ride in abreast? yes the road might have only a few cars, but if a  driver misses his sight, who would get the shorter end of the stick?  While LTA guidelines allows riding abreast, my thoughts is how responsible is this kind of people, towards his own safety, to his family and others ? 

On the driver end,  while I too do not like the way these folks are riding, i wouldnt want to do the same  stunt trying to "teach them" a lesson, I dont want to live in regret in case any unfortunate happens just because someone is stupid.  

govt should start licensing these cyclists and get them to be insured at the same time...

the main reason they are acting so recklessly is because whatever happened they have no consequences...eg: is one able to send a clip of the offending cyclists to the traffic police? u cant fine them as is it difficult to trace them without a license plate...  

• Praise 1

2 hours ago, Volvobrick said:

This is not worth it - accidents can happen.  Regrets would be too late.  For both cyclists and drivers.  Loser goes to jail, winner goes to heaven.

Oh come on. 

Those cyclists are definitely going to Hell. 😂😂😂

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 11

15 hours ago, Vinceng said:

I think the authorities hesitate to remove the discretionary right turn as it would hold up traffic and reduce the number of vehicles that can clear the junction at each green wave. It's a good system but has its negative points attributed to human error and impatience.

Come on, safety is the utmost importance here, what's waiting another 2-3 mins?

• Praise 1

6 hours ago, Ceecookie said:

There's an easy trick to deal with nuisance cyclists - do a close pass less than 1 meter apart and at high speed. 

I admit doing the below to nuisance cyclists when I feel like teaching them a lesson. :D 

No helmet on the road? Fine please... 

• Praise 1

9 hours ago, Ct3833 said:

Actually, laying a strip of nails better 😆😆

Nail can patch, need to rip the sidewall off then unrepairable.. then James can change new tyre on the spot..

• Haha! 3

Twincharged
11 hours ago, Mingsect said:

champion drive,,  how many offences in 1 min

The rest of the club members are here...

• Shocked 2
  • Haha! 2

1 hour ago, Beanoyip said:

Come on, safety is the utmost importance here, what's waiting another 2-3 mins?

Have they redesigned Newton Circus yet? I genuinely don't know as it's been months since I've driven there. But that's probably the most dangerous junction in Singapore, very major and so many things left to the discretion of those who apparently have none. 

If they're doing away with discretionary right turns, then they should do away with Newton circus (and similar junctions, the Suntec one is almost as bad, the Tuas one following close behind), the left turn on red scheme (since it saves next to no time and causes confusion and road rage as a lot of people genuinely have no clue they can go and people honk them and gesture). 

While they're at it, get rid of the absolutely, breathtakingly idiotic mandatory give way to buses scheme, there has already been a rear-ending accident featured a couple days ago. 

And why risk merging lanes? Why risk give way lines that are so acute they're actually stop lines? Why risk stop lines at all? And uncontrolled U-turns sound damn risky, even at properly signed areas, too much left to discretion. 

It's basically a slippery slope. People without discretion shouldn't be driving in the first place! 

• Praise 4
  • Haha! 1

11 hours ago, Didu said:

Don't just show middle finger. Come throw your water bottle and whack the car mirror. :a-t9412:

Send them home please. 

Riding without helmet on road

Riding on 2nd lane/middle of road. 

• Praise 1

11 hours ago, Didu said:

Don't just show middle finger. Come throw your water bottle and whack the car mirror. :a-t9412:

Yeah and the heavier vehicle should retaliate by crashing into the cyclist, only do some real damage this time to make the jail time worth it right? 😂😂😂

• Haha! 1

5 minutes ago, Turboflat4 said:

Have they redesigned Newton Circus yet? I genuinely don't know as it's been months since I've driven there. But that's probably the most dangerous junction in Singapore, very major and so many things left to the discretion of those who apparently have none. 

If they're doing away with discretionary right turns, then they should do away with Newton circus (and similar junctions, the Suntec one is almost as bad, the Tuas one following close behind), the left turn on red scheme (since it saves next to no time and causes confusion and road rage as a lot of people genuinely have no clue they can go and people honk them and gesture). 

While they're at it, get rid of the absolutely, breathtakingly idiotic mandatory give way to buses scheme, there has already been a rear-ending accident featured a couple days ago. 

And why risk merging lanes? Why risk give way lines that are so acute they're actually stop lines? Why risk stop lines at all? And uncontrolled U-turns sound damn risky, even at properly signed areas, too much left to discretion. 

It's basically a slippery slope. People without discretion shouldn't be driving in the first place! 

Had many near misses there, ppl just don't know how to use the round about, they should just scrap that junction and convert to undergrounds etc

• Praise 2

7 hours ago, Icetee168 said:

govt should start licensing these cyclists and get them to be insured at the same time...

the main reason they are acting so recklessly is because whatever happened they have no consequences...eg: is one able to send a clip of the offending cyclists to the traffic police? u cant fine them as is it difficult to trace them without a license plate...  

You mean our SPF don’t have face recognition software?

• Shocked 1

8 hours ago, Ceecookie said:

Looks like you don’t care about your license. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 1