Singapore Reckless Drivers Part VIII

RadX

2 hours ago, therock said:

And that HDB corridor.. is that the DBSS where gates cannot be opened on both sides?

https://www.facebook.com/allsgstuff/videos/3071941432912117

According to the Facebook post it is 185A Woodlands which is Marsiling Greenview BTO completed in 2018. The rainwater was gushing down from the roof via the stairway. The common corridor does not have a scupper drain because there are units on both sides. Most likely  the rooftop gully and/or outlets are choked and the secondary discharge (bypass) is not done or inadequate. Can see the rainwater also went into the lift hoistways. The cars for vertical transport may need repairs. Since this is a car forum, most will be thankful that the cars for horizontal transport are not affected 😅.

Edited by ktnpl
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1
  • Shocked 1

11 minutes ago, Turboflat4 said:

Do you have any setting between 'OFF' and 'SIBEI SUAN'? 😁

please lah now is digital era...

analog is so passé 

🤣

• Haha! 1

14 minutes ago, ktnpl said:

https://www.facebook.com/allsgstuff/videos/3071941432912117

According to the Facebook post it is 185A Woodlands which is Marsiling Greenview BTO completed in 2018. The rainwater was gushing down from the roof via the stairway. The common corridor does not have a scupper drain because there are units on both sides. Most likely  the rooftop gully and/or outlets are choked and the secondary discharge (bypass) is not done or inadequate. Can see the rainwater also went into the lift hoistways. The cars for vertical transport may need repairs. Since this is a car forum, most will be thankful that the cars for horizontal transport are not affected 😅.

Thanks bro

Best way to find out if your waterproofing works...

Edited by therock

11 minutes ago, therock said:

Thanks bro

Best way to find out if your waterproofing works...

It is a storm-water drainage and maintenance issue, nothing to do with waterproofing. But I am more concerned about falling trees and car getting caught in the flood. Someone said there was a PUB warning on possible flash floods. Maybe must install another of the government's app to receive the advance warning.

Edited by ktnpl

1 hour ago, Enye said:

wow well done.... sibeh elite

seems like high ses landed dwelling folks are all gracious and competent drivers

peasants like me better stay away from landed neighbourhoods since i won’t know how to drive in such situations 

everyday only know how to drive up and down mscp ramps

😬

Where got elite? I also same as you, driving up & down carpark ramps too.

I need to visit my elderly relative staying at somewhere which is landed every week on behalf of their childrens who is stuck at overseas.

The road is always crowded at evening & weekends due to a shopping centre nearby. If high ses area, these cars no space to park liao.🤭

10 hours ago, RadX said:

Can you imagine if the pandemic is still on and the Fw are still in quarantine 

who will chop

trees and all?

SCDF lor ..... [:(]

They have all the machinery/equipment to handle the job..... [smash] 

Edited by Picnic06-Biante15

30 minutes ago, Fcw75 said:

Lucky I no stay landed. 🤣🤣

Landed is not a problem so long as the area has good drainage and the property sits on a good platform level relative to the surrounding sites. As can be seen from one of the videos, even those staying on the top floor of a high rise development are not spared. 🧐

Edited by ktnpl
  • Praise 1

This ponding/flooding thing is a global issue and it seems getting out of control. We better brace ourselves for worsening flood and beware of where you park your vehicle when a storm is coming.

Edited by Xers007

1 hour ago, ktnpl said:

Landed is not a problem so long as the area has good drainage and the property sits on a good platform level relative to the surrounding sites. As can be seen from one of the videos, even those staying on the top floor of a high rise development are not spared. 🧐

Haha, I was just eating sour grapes la.

2 hours ago, Wt_know said:

$100B for flood mitigation .... 

Stamford Detention Tank projection cost around USD200m.  

With 100b, that will be 500 projection of similar size.

The only problem, do we have so much land?

The tank as big as 15 OLYMPIC SIZE swimming pool

2 hours ago, Wt_know said:

$100B for flood mitigation .... 

7 minutes ago, Spidey10 said:

[:(] there goes another $100B..

Next 100B is ….

Why need 100B? Just ask Susan come can le. 

She jump in all the water splash out can le

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 1