portable car polisher

JamesOng_176825

Hi guys, have anyone tried any portable car polisher? those that can plug in 12v or battery powered?

thinking of getting one as hand polish very tiring and humid weather not helping..

↡ Advertisement

Plug into car is not powerful enough.

Moreover might drain your car battery flat too.

Hand polish is the best else spend a little for yearly polishing. 

Internal Moderator
36 minutes ago, JamesOng_176825 said:

Hi guys, have anyone tried any portable car polisher? those that can plug in 12v or battery powered?

thinking of getting one as hand polish very tiring and humid weather not helping..

Don't bother. Let me share with you my personal experience.

I once brought a black and decker 12V car polisher.

411MGF60AXL._SX300_.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

I used once only and the machine give way le. and is almost as exhausting as you are hand polishing also. so don't bother lah. hahah.

Now got ceramic wax. You can spray on and wipe off. Those are much user friendly. I 100% recommend sonax.

I swear by this product.

https://www.sonax.sg/Products/Xtreme-Series/Exterior-Paintwork-Chrome/(location)/47413-SONAX-Xtreme-Spray-Seal

02434000-SONAX-XTREME-Spray-Seal-750ml.p

Effective and easy to use. The only thing is expensive. haha

• Praise 1

6 minutes ago, kobayashiGT said:

I used once only and the machine give way le. and is almost as exhausting as you are hand polishing also. so don't bother lah. hahah.

Now got ceramic wax. You can spray on and wipe off. Those are much user friendly. I 100% recommend sonax.

I swear by this product.

https://www.sonax.sg/Products/Xtreme-Series/Exterior-Paintwork-Chrome/(location)/47413-SONAX-Xtreme-Spray-Seal

those detailing shop using ceramic one good or not?

Why bother? You must be noob. After a while you will be like me. Boh chap.

It doesnt give you better resale value. You are waxing it for the sake of who?

Just keep your car clean...ish can liao.

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 2

Internal Moderator
6 minutes ago, Watwheels said:

Don't like that boss. haha. some ppl like the "skin" smooth  smooth mah. Like you touch your gf, if her skin like a crocodile, quite turn off mah. hahahhaha.

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 2

5 minutes ago, Watwheels said:

depends on individual. some peeps like to keep their cars wet and shiny. nothing noob about that.

• Praise 1

53 minutes ago, kobayashiGT said:

I swear by this product.

thanks for the advice! 

• Praise 1

58 minutes ago, kobayashiGT said:

I swear by this product.

polisher is for prepping the surface, remove swirls and strip old coats etc...different function to the sprays....

but I love sonax too 😉

• Praise 1

Internal Moderator
36 minutes ago, Scholesy said:

polisher is for prepping the surface, remove swirls and strip old coats etc...different function to the sprays....

but I love sonax too 😉

I beg to differ. Not all polisher are made the same. Normal polisher are not dual-action orbital and they not using an industrial grade foam pad. So the result of removing swirls is subpar.

removing swirls you need to have compound. I not saying hand polish is good. But for DIY case, I think only hand polisher is feasible, Unless you spend alot of money to get those cordless polisher machine.

• Praise 1

(edited)
1 hour ago, kobayashiGT said:

As in Ceramic coating?

IMG-20191020-WA0050.jpg

IMG-20191020-WA0051.jpg

Yes sir you are right 👍

Edited by Inlinefour
  • Praise 1

Internal Moderator

I am assuming we are talking about "ceramic coating" They are very different from the ceramic wax I have recommended. The word "ceramic" is been made popular by rolex. haha.

This will be a longgggg debate. But here's my thoughts.

If I look into the science and engineering of ceramic coating, It does have additional protection for the car paint. But then finding a good and reputable car groomer in Singapore is not easy. All the bosses can say they do until got dragon got tiger, but then end of the day, the one who is polishing your car is the staff and they might not have the same passion as the boss have.

For ceramic coating to work best, is the preparation work. if you just wash your car and you coat the ceramic coating, I 100% guaranteed you your car will look like shit. haha.

And then it comes to maintenance wise, Due to the hydrophobic characteristics of the coating, you cannot anyhow wash the car, need special shampoo and also sealant, I know alot of drivers do ceramic coating is because, they already don't wash their car themselves, so a drive to the grooming centre or petrol centre makes no diff. But then because I am stingy AF, I wash my own car, so my perception is, I will spend more money after I get the car coated with ceramic coating.

If any car groomer tells you 100% maintenance-free, that one is BS. Where got such good thing one. Sure need to wash sure need to dry one. And don't think that i park outdoor, got rain can help me rinse. our rain is acidic, so it is not good for the paint to get drench in the rain. (okay, this one too extreme) but you get what i mean.

Then next is the cost lah. I can buy dunno how many bottles of sonax for my car. haha. I can do this.

But I still believe in car grooming. You still need to go to a professional if you wanna correct your paint. 🙂

(edited)
13 minutes ago, kobayashiGT said:

I am assuming we are talking about "ceramic coating" They are very different from the ceramic wax I have recommended. The word "ceramic" is been made popular by rolex. haha.

This will be a longgggg debate. But here's my thoughts.

If I look into the science and engineering of ceramic coating, It does have additional protection for the car paint. But then finding a good and reputable car groomer in Singapore is not easy. All the bosses can say they do until got dragon got tiger, but then end of the day, the one who is polishing your car is the staff and they might not have the same passion as the boss have.

For ceramic coating to work best, is the preparation work. if you just wash your car and you coat the ceramic coating, I 100% guaranteed you your car will look like shit. haha.

And then it comes to maintenance wise, Due to the hydrophobic characteristics of the coating, you cannot anyhow wash the car, need special shampoo and also sealant, I know alot of drivers do ceramic coating is because, they already don't wash their car themselves, so a drive to the grooming centre or petrol centre makes no diff. But then because I am stingy AF, I wash my own car, so my perception is, I will spend more money after I get the car coated with ceramic coating.

If any car groomer tells you 100% maintenance-free, that one is BS. Where got such good thing one. Sure need to wash sure need to dry one. And don't think that i park outdoor, got rain can help me rinse. our rain is acidic, so it is not good for the paint to get drench in the rain. (okay, this one too extreme) but you get what i mean.

Then next is the cost lah. I can buy dunno how many bottles of sonax for my car. haha. I can do this.

But I still believe in car grooming. You still need to go to a professional if you wanna correct your paint. 🙂

you are right again

wet glossy looks only last one month plus

after that skin still smooth by hand touch

but no more oily looking

First month driving feels more aerodynamic

really very the smooth

PS. VP looks yummylicious 😋😋😋

Edited by Inlinefour
  • Praise 1

Internal Moderator
3 minutes ago, Inlinefour said:

you are right again

wet glossy looks only last one month plus

after that skin still smooth by hand touch

but no more oily looking

First month driving feels more aerodynamic

really very the smooth

Call me Mr. Right 😎

My last name is Hand. Mr. Right Hand.

• Haha! 1

3 minutes ago, kobayashiGT said:

Call me Mr. Right 😎

My last name is Hand. Mr. Right Hand.

VP needs you badly 🤣🤣🤣

to wash her bikes blink blink 😂😂😂

• Haha! 1

Internal Moderator
10 minutes ago, Inlinefour said:

VP needs you badly 🤣🤣🤣

to wash her bikes blink blink 😂😂😂

For a sec, I am thinking who is VP. hahha. Anyone here has a Ferrari to lend me? PLEASE!!!!!

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 1