2021 8th Generation VW Golf

DACH

8 hours ago, Vegas said:

the 3 cylinder turbo is detuned in the 116 and 216.

the f20 118 uses zf 8 speed gb. i am not sure about what gb the 2 series MPV uses. the 218 coupe / grand coupe should be very similar to the F40 1 series

All FWD 3 pot uses DCT. That’s including Mini.

↡ Advertisement

16 hours ago, Tohto said:

Accompanied friend to PM where he bought 1 2 years ago. 

Left an email to receive promotion update. 

My previous car was one but that was more than 5yrs ago.

I never bought any car from PML

Only send my previous E39 for repair once in 2006.

I start to receive this email since last year 

7 minutes ago, ER-3682 said:

Olf F22 218i Coupe used the ZF 8 Speed,the new GC used the same as the new 1 series.

As long as FWD 3 pot confirm DCT

Twincharged
1 minute ago, inlinesix said:

As long as FWD 3 pot confirm DCT

Wonder who they source the dct from? 

(edited)
3 minutes ago, Mkl22 said:

Wonder who they source the dct from? 

Getrag.

M power DCT I don’t know 

Edited by inlinesix
  • Praise 2

(edited)
9 hours ago, hsolo89 said:

@Wt_know really ah. got lobang sales rep? mine 1 year old car.. if 3 series 185k, can nego further/high overtrades, tempting haha

nope ... i have no lobang.

you can do a quick check before heading down to nego 

1. check sgcarmart selling price similar to your car (-$10K+- as that is dealer profit)

2. get a trade in price from https://www.quotz.com.sg/

then you know how much AD will give you overtrade ... it's very complicated one like subprime with layer and layer of profit margin built in including coe

anyway, with the ballpark figure in 1 & 2 and the OMV of the new car ... you would know whether you get a good deal ... 

Edited by Wt_know

On 1/22/2019 at 7:20 AM, ER-3682 said:

Just wondering why VW's Sales in S'pore dropped sharply in the last 5 Years.?

10 years ago, everyone who can afford the loans were upgrading from Jap to VW Anything.

Now, all upgrade directly to BMW, Audi Merc because all 3 brands have super "downgraded" models to lure all the middle grounders. Ie CLA, 2 Series, A3.

Now everyone on this island can look rich too.

• Haha! 1

Twincharged

Looks like the golf is most bang for buck. Cheaper than scale and Leon and has the multi link rear suspension which cost more to make. Didn’t go into the details about the depreciation. But probably a tad higher than Leon as it’s has the 15k VES rebate. 

20 minutes ago, Mkl22 said:

Looks like the golf is most bang for buck. Cheaper than scale and Leon and has the multi link rear suspension which cost more to make. Didn’t go into the details about the depreciation. But probably a tad higher than Leon as it’s has the 15k VES rebate. 

Both Leon and Golf have 15k rebate.

But what I'm holding out for is the wagon.

As far as I like my car, the fact that I can't load much stuff is killing me.

If cat B prices don't soften the only visible option that remains is the Hyundai I30 or even the Honda Shuttle.

Twincharged
41 minutes ago, Brass said:

Both Leon and Golf have 15k rebate.

But what I'm holding out for is the wagon.

If cat B prices don't soften the only visible option that remains is the Hyundai I30 or even the Honda Shuttle.

do you actually use the boot that much... i almost never go on roads trips, so dont need the boot for luggage. driving a swift. boot space is adequate for me. had a few saloons before and the boot was almost always empty.

1 hour ago, Brass said:

got strollers and car seats for the little ones?

10 hours ago, sugarhill said:

10 years ago, everyone who can afford the loans were upgrading from Jap to VW Anything.

Now, all upgrade directly to BMW, Audi Merc because all 3 brands have super "downgraded" models to lure all the middle grounders. Ie CLA, 2 Series, A3.

Now everyone on this island can look rich too.

These entry level cars from the big brands have been around for a long time, perhaps longer than some MCFers have been around. It's just that our local dealers are finally waking up to this market segment.

Look rich? Lol, for sure everybody in MCF knows entry levels contis are just like any jap cars in pricing, only perhaps to people who don't drive or those who are dreaming to own a car someday.

On 6/5/2021 at 10:41 AM, Roh96 said:

Does the BMW 2 series uses the same engine and GB as the 1 series? I find the 1 series nicer 

the 116i series is nicer because it is a generation newer and also more expensive than the 216AT. They're both using the B38 1.5L.

Twincharged
5 minutes ago, Rickster said:

These entry level cars from the big brands have been around for a long time, perhaps longer than some MCFers have been around. It's just that our local dealers are finally waking up to this market segment.

Look rich? Lol, for sure everybody in MCF knows entry levels contis are just like any jap cars in pricing, only perhaps to people who don't drive or those who are dreaming to own a car someday.

no la. last time where got 1 series, A-class(the 1st A-class was a bomb here. didnt sell well at all)

it is mainly like what the previous poster said about premium brands building cheaper cars to cater for the mass market.

• Praise 1

(edited)
13 minutes ago, Mkl22 said:

no la. last time where got 1 series, A-class(the 1st A-class was a bomb here. didnt sell well at all)

it is mainly like what the previous poster said about premium brands building cheaper cars to cater for the mass market.

1.5T and 1.0T with plasticky interior and VES help conti car to price cheap cheap for rolling out of showroom

uniquely spore is pay MORE for LESS 

amdk land especially europe ... the 1.5T should be selling like hot cakes xiao long bao because it's sibei cheap for city driving in terms of power/small car ratio

huat ah!

Edited by Wt_know
  • Praise 2

57 minutes ago, yellowshaun said:

got strollers and car seats for the little ones?

I buy shit from carousell sometimes, including a used dining table and sofa, which can't fit in my humble sedan 😂

Turbocharged
1 hour ago, Mkl22 said:

Car manufactuers dun build cars for Singapore.

At the most, they listen to AD to detune engines to meet certain specs within the country. If the AD can commit a moq. 

↡ Advertisement